Who is coming to A-Kon

General convention type stuff.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Yeah, I'm pacing back and forth too.. Urgh, get the teaser ready, get the teaser ready. Get the booth ready, get the stuff ready, coordinate, copy, past, edit, delete.

Whoahhhh.. I think we should all have a lunch sometime during the con, you guys, and silver, and the request folks. I of course am going to be on panels and such, but I have no idea when, or what times. They don't tell the guests much except be ready for anything. rrr.

A.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

passage to Alderaan

Post by Scott Gardener »

Who's bringing mobile phones? We can communicate that way. Or, we could try to coordinate things by leaving each other messages at the booth.

If we exchange phone numbers, I'd rather do it outside of posting it here, as there are Spam-bots and the like lurking.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

I should definately be bringing my cell with me :3
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I have a cell phone. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Well, my truck is ready for the trip. Changed the oil, fuel/oil/air filter, and added new spark plugs. This way I can get more MPG out of my pickup.

I'm not sure what else I'll be doing at the convention. I know I'll be looking at the stuff in the dealers room. I may find something worth buying. I'll see when I get there. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener and Arania. Do you guys want to meet up before the doors open at 10am Friday? That way all 3 of us can head straight to the Freeborn booth at the same time. :D

This will be my 1st time at that hotel. I hope I don't get lost in there.

Do you want me to PM my cell phone # to you guys? Or e-mail it.

Let me know.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

You will go to the Dagobah system...

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm not sure I'll get there by ten am, and I have to prioritize meeting with my sister on arrival, plus getting settled into the hotel itself.

Still, I'm heading to the Freeborn booth as soon as I've gotten everything else squared away. I'm guessing between noon and one pm.

Go ahead and personal message me. I'll give each of you my mobile number. Please guard it well.
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

I know when the doors open I need to set up my art table with my two friends/associates - but I definately will be heading upstairs fairly early to visit with the booth and hopefully meet up with the three of you :) It might be easiest to try to arrage for something in the evening one of the days - if we're wanting to do more than just hang at the booth and chat - but that will most likely depend on when Abrownrigg gets scheduled for panels.

I think the easiest thing would be for Abrownrigg to let us know when we visit with him when would be easiest for him for us to all meet up at the con - since he'll be relatively either stationary (at the booth) or we can go to a panel to find out :)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Join me! It is your destiny!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Opening ceremonies on Friday evening is a must, as is the concert afterwards. I would expect the Freeborn trailer to aire during those ceremonies, so, needless to say, I think all of us are going to want to be there, in that room.

Which means, be sure to show up early! The line begins two hours before the ceremonies!

For that matter, meeting at the entrance to the ceremonies two hours beforehand might be a good way to get together, if we don't beforehand.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Join me! It is your destiny!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Opening ceremonies on Friday evening is a must, as is the concert afterwards. I would expect the Freeborn trailer to aire during those ceremonies, so, needless to say, I think all of us are going to want to be there, in that room.

Which means, be sure to show up early! The line begins two hours before the ceremonies!

For that matter, meeting at the entrance to the ceremonies two hours beforehand might be a good way to get together, if we don't beforehand.
Oh man, I hope I can last that long. I'm going to be awake for almost 24 hours my 1st day there.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

(swings hands around).. nope nope nope... the akon commercials are going to air during open ceremonies.. the freeborn teaser will not air during that time.. I had an option to do it, and I turned it down.... Meri Davis is very gracious with letting me show non-anime stuff there anyway, and I didn't want to push the matter by trying to screen a werewolf teaser for a bunch of fans who are mainly expecting to see anime. that could shoot me in the foot. We screened a trailer for Digital Burn there last year during open, and lots of folks complained.. they loved the trailer, sure, but why the heck is it up there in opening ceremonies, it's not an anime, or anime related.

Urgh, purists.... Well, I can't compain I suppose, I would have said the same thing if an Anime had shown during opening ceremonies of a werewolf convention...

I would love to give you my schedule, I don't know it yet. I will be at the booth off and on during the day. I know I'm scheduled somewhere on panels, but not sure when.. I'll have to pass that info along.. I AM going to be one of the stars at the banquet however.. (that's so funny).. so I'll definitly be there.

Urgh, losing sleep.. urgh, getting teaser done.. Urgh, wish Tim could make it.. urgh.. work work work..
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:We screened a trailer for Digital Burn there last year during open, and lots of folks complained.. they loved the trailer, sure, but why the heck is it up there in opening ceremonies, it's not an anime, or anime related.
Well, why don't you turn Freeborn into an animated werewolf film?

Just kidding!!! Don't hit me.

ABrownrigg wrote:I would love to give you my schedule, I don't know it yet. I will be at the booth off and on during the day. I know I'm scheduled somewhere on panels, but not sure when.. I'll have to pass that info along..
Thats why I want to head straight to your booth once the doors open. To find out wants going on so I can have time to see the other things there. Not sure how big the dealers room is going to be. People from all over the world could be there at A-kon compared to when I went back in 1997.

ABrownrigg wrote:I AM going to be one of the stars at the banquet however.. (that's so funny).. so I'll definitly be there.
Oh, now you tell us. And we don't have tickets. I wonder if we can still get them and have the chance to dine with you.

ABrownrigg wrote:Urgh, losing sleep.. urgh, getting teaser done.. Urgh, wish Tim could make it.. urgh.. work work work..
Well, I hope everything goes according to plan during A-kon. :D

see you soon!!
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Ohh, I think we'll be able to grab lunch or somethin. We'll coordinate.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Ohh, I think we'll be able to grab lunch or somethin. We'll coordinate.
sure, that'll be cool!! 8)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

2000 now, and 15,000 when we reach Alderaan

Post by Scott Gardener »

I certainly hope so, because I want to buy you a cappuccino, a beer, or whatever you would like. (Coconut juice, maybe?) I swore I would for whoever it was who would do what you did--making a werewolf movie based on our opinion, tails, brains, and all.
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

The panels schedule is up on the a-kon website now along with who is going to be there. Okay - so the teaser's not at opening ceremonies? that's cool - I won't have to fight the crowds for that :3

But it looks like Abrownrigg is scheduled for two voice acting panels - one of Friday at 2 pm , and one sometime Saturday - that's the only mentions I saw on the actual schedule. Of course, that's not to say that that isn't subject to change last minute.

Really looking forward to it!! I leave tomorrow! :D
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I also have a 11am saturday panel on independent filmmaking that i'm hosting.. I'm also involved in full metal somethingrather mania.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:I also have a 11am saturday panel on independent filmmaking that i'm hosting.. I'm also involved in full metal somethingrather mania.

Oh cool. I like to attend that.

Will Freeborn be mentioned in any of these panels?

Arania wrote: Really looking forward to it!! I leave tomorrow! :D

I'll be leaving early Friday morning. Somewhere between 1-2am. I'm used to driving at night so I should have no problems.

I shouldn't have to worry about rush hour traffic on the way up there. Thing is, I'm not sure when rush hour traffic starts in Dallas.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well, freeborn will definitly be mentinoed and talked about at the 11am independent filmmaking panel.. I plan to talk about the whole pack idea, and how it came about.. and the teaser production.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Well, freeborn will definitly be mentinoed and talked about at the 11am independent filmmaking panel.. I plan to talk about the whole pack idea, and how it came about.. and the teaser production.
Cool, I'm going to video tape it. Hope you don't mind. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Here is a map of where Cashel entertainment is going to be.

http://a-kon.com/Images/Akon-Exhibitors-Hall-(05-0.jpg

The letter "G" is the table/booth.

Dreamworks will be nearby!! (Table/booth "C") I'm going to check them out as well!! :o
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Where is the Pre Registration table? Will it be on the 1st floor? I'm already lost by looking at these maps.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

When gone am I, the last of the Jedi you shall be...

Post by Scott Gardener »

This is probably going to be my last post before heading out. I'm leaving tomorrow morning. (It's right now Wednesday night, 6/1/2005, at the time of this writing.) I'm looking forward to seeing each of you there. And I'm definitely going to try for the 11am Saturday panel. In the mean time, I'm certainly going to aim for bugging you at the master booth a few times.

Figarou, I'll try giving you a call once I get there and get the basic stuff taken care of.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Well I went. A-Kon was fun. I enjoyed it. Enjoyed meeting Scott, Figarou and Arania. What is Eva's username again?
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote: What is Eva's username again?

Shadow Saber