Who is coming to A-Kon

General convention type stuff.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who is coming to A-Kon

Post by ABrownrigg »

I'd like a list. I know two of you, but the rest I"m unsure of.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I'm going!!

Arania said she is going.

So is Scott Gardener

Can't wait to meet you guys! :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

A-Kon or Bust!

Post by Scott Gardener »

So am I!

:howl:  :oo

Oh, yeah. I'm already mentioned above. OK, carry on...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Oh yes! I am definately going! Hell and high water and all that :)

I'm definately curious to know when/where the panel or informative things you're going to be doing are going to be held when you know :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I'm not sure what time A-kon starts. (9am?) If any of you guys know the exact time, let me know. I plan on driving up to Dallas early Friday morning. I should arrive 1 hour before the doors open. I never been to this hotel. I should have no problem finding it. I just hope I don't get lost inside that hotel. I heard its the biggest in Texas. :o
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

the shed-Yule

Post by Scott Gardener »

Registration actually first opens Thursday afternoon. On Friday, it begins at either eight or nine am. Opening ceremonies traditionally have been on Friday nights, with a big concert jam afterwards and again on Saturday night.

You can find scheduling and other details on the A-Kon web site:

http://www.a-kon.com
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: the shed-Yule

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Registration actually first opens Thursday afternoon. On Friday, it begins at either eight or nine am. Opening ceremonies traditionally have been on Friday nights, with a big concert jam afterwards and again on Saturday night.

You can find scheduling and other details on the A-Kon web site:

http://www.a-kon.com

I've been up, down, in, and out of that web site. I couldn't find the time the doors open. Oh, well. I'll be there by 7-7:30am. There is no hurry for me to get in the dealers room. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy something from the other dealers. It has to catch my interest if I'm going to buy it.

Post by Guest »

very interesting...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

2 more weeks!!

The excitement builds!! :D
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Hey, Figarou, could you do me a favor and edit that Guest's post to get rid of all those advertisements? Even though the images aren't even loading, it's still very annoying.

Thanks,

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:Hey, Figarou, could you do me a favor and edit that Guest's post to get rid of all those advertisements? Even though the images aren't even loading, it's still very annoying.

Thanks,

-- Vilkacis
How odd. I never even noticed.

thanks for pointing it out.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Yep. I know its off topic and very unlikly I will go. So I probaly shouldn't place spam here. But:

I think yesterday I was day dreaming. There was a car that skidded down out street and landed on the other side. I was out riding my bike. I run to the car and help they guy out, who looks suspicously familair, he looked like Anthony, but did he really? The guy dusted himself off and thanked me. Mom was watching us from the porch and invited the guy in. Excited I took my new friend to my room so he may talk on the phone. The car wasn't much damaged but wasn't usable at this point, posibly something small in it decieded to quit. The guy greeted himself as Anthony. And seemed to reconize me sun visor and cute stuffed llama sitting on my dresser, and who but can't love my 'MY llama is smarter than your honor roll student' posted on the wall, nor some stray doodles of werewolfs and demented things. I overheard him talking to mom about A-kon and 'Free Born'. Then I knew it was Anthony! I yipped with delight and told him I was outwarddoodles, then scrimed the whole time about imagining what in the hell where the chances of that!! So then Anthony took me to A-kon where I met Fig and the others, we all checked out the stuff, got cewl werewolfie goodies, and ate Icecream.

Yes, I love day dreaming.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:Yep. I know its off topic and very unlikly I will go. So I probaly shouldn't place spam here. But:

I think yesterday I was day dreaming. There was a car that skidded down out street and landed on the other side. I was out riding my bike. I run to the car and help they guy out, who looks suspicously familair, he looked like Anthony, but did he really? The guy dusted himself off and thanked me. Mom was watching us from the porch and invited the guy in. Excited I took my new friend to my room so he may talk on the phone. The car wasn't much damaged but wasn't usable at this point, posibly something small in it decieded to quit. The guy greeted himself as Anthony. And seemed to reconize me sun visor and cute stuffed llama sitting on my dresser, and who but can't love my 'MY llama is smarter than your honor roll student' posted on the wall, nor some stray doodles of werewolfs and demented things. I overheard him talking to mom about A-kon and 'Free Born'. Then I knew it was Anthony! I yipped with delight and told him I was outwarddoodles, then scrimed the whole time about imagining what in the hell where the chances of that!! So then Anthony took me to A-kon where I met Fig and the others, we all checked out the stuff, got cewl werewolfie goodies, and ate Icecream.

Yes, I love day dreaming.

Somebody has been bonked by to many duckies!! :lol:

outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I wouldn't doubt it. :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Yikes!! The hotel is sold out!!

http://a-kon.com/moxie/hoteltravel/hote ... -out.shtml

I'm glad I have a room. I just hope I can find parking when I get there.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

I sense great fear in you...

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's important to reserve early; I reserved the room in February, but I'm going to make it a point to do it in January next year.

I know that's not helpful NOW, but there are other A-Kons in the years to come, and guests often times come back. Besides, after going once, you'll probably be tempted to return.

If any of you need a place to crash, I may be able to share my room. I do need to know beforehand, however.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: I sense great fear in you...

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:It's important to reserve early; I reserved the room in February, but I'm going to make it a point to do it in January next year.

I know that's not helpful NOW, but there are other A-Kons in the years to come, and guests often times come back. Besides, after going once, you'll probably be tempted to return.

If any of you need a place to crash, I may be able to share my room. I do need to know beforehand, however.
I reserved a room for Friday and Saturday night. I plan on driving early Friday morning hoping to get there before 7am. Thing is, I'm so used to going to bed at that time. (I work the night shift) I hope I don't get any jet lag during the day Friday. I was thinking of arriving a few hours early so I can catch a snooze before the doors open. That may help me out a bit.

Hmmmmm...I found the start time of the convention. It says....
Convention Starts Friday at 10:00 am (certain events will have started earlier)
I wonder what events will start earlier?
Regular and Pre Registration opens Friday at 8:00 am
Guess I'll try and be there by 8am.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

You know what? >_> <_<

*I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more, I would be that girl to walk 500 miles just to meet others at A-kon!*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:You know what? >_> <_<

*I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more, I would be that girl to walk 500 miles just to meet others at A-kon!*

Put on your boots and head this way! I'd like to meet you to!! :D
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

*smiles* Count me another that's glad that she reserved her room early - and found enough people she knows to help lower the costs :)

REALLY looking forward to it! Only about a week and a half left!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Join me!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Quick recap so far:

Going and has a room:
1. Figarou
2. Arania
3. Scott Gardener (myself)

Going and needs a room:
(none yet have spoken up)

Attending as a VIP:
1. ABrownrigg

So, that's four of us so far, and one of us in a particularly strategic position. My sister's husband works security there, so I know a few people who know a few people. With any luck, we could FEAST! (Darn it, I should have gotten banquet tickets.)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Join me!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Quick recap so far:

Going and has a room:
1. Figarou
2. Arania
3. Scott Gardener (myself)

Going and needs a room:
(none yet have spoken up)

Attending as a VIP:
1. ABrownrigg

So, that's four of us so far, and one of us in a particularly strategic position. My sister's husband works security there, so I know a few people who know a few people. With any luck, we could FEAST! (Darn it, I should have gotten banquet tickets.)
I don't have banquet tickets either. I heard you don't get to sit by your choice of people when you decide to go to it. So I didn't bother buying tickets.

It'll be nice if we had our own luncheon or dinner. Just us Pack members, ABrownrigg and company. :D
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

*nods* I also didn't get banquet tickets - but if I remember from last year - there were several restaurants of varying prices within easy walking distance from the convention - so something less formal would probably be quite feasible :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

one week away!!

I know I'm going to start losing sleep seeing how excited I am. :hsup
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

For Jedi Master it is time to eat as well, hmm?

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yep, I'm panting, and pacing back and forth.

I like the idea of a luncheon. We'll have to make sure it doesn't conflict with any other prime time event, however, and I'm probably going to want to spend Sunday night eating out with my sister and her husband. Then again, they might enjoy the company of wolves...