Who is going to Dragon*Con?

General convention type stuff.
Baphnedia

Who is going to Dragon*Con?

Post by Baphnedia »

Time: Labor Day Weekend, every year, for about as long as I've been alive.
Average Cost: $400 total ($85 registration, the rest for the hotel room if your sharing and for food and money for things to buy. I recommend about four people to a room).

Who'll be there: Artists, vendors, gamers, musicians, and many others. I don't want to break out the convention list this early, and I'm not working for them this year besides.

I'll be going and bringing some friends. How about you?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

What sort of con is it? From the name, I'd have to guess either furry or fantasy-themed.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

It's one of the largest gaming conventions in the US (always in the top 4) with art, vendors, a parade, costume contests, live concerts, and a heck of a lot of other stuff. At it's heart, long ago, it was for gamers. Now, it's mainly for almost anybody.

However, I didn't run into a lot of furries or therians, but there were hundreds in full constume (everything from Halo to Star Wars to AVP).
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Cool, so it's sort of an 'everything geek' con. I wish I had more time/money to hit conventions...
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

At this point, I'll probably be going, but not as a guest, just as a typical patron. Silver will probably come too.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Sounds great. It'd be great to introduce you and Silver to the bunch of crazies I hang out with (and go to conventions with). One thing, if you know any of the vendors doing this convention, I'd like to try to push my CD(s) (as always) as well as t-shirts. But, those aren't quite ready yet.

I hope there'll be more going to the convention. I won't be one of the 'convention guests' either. Maybe another year, assuming I'm not in Iraq or anything.

Anyone else planning to go?
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

At this point i am not sure but i surely would like to go its the closest thing to budget and location at this point and with a chance to meet up with everyone that would be nice!
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Wynd
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wynd »

*sigh* I don't think Clint or I will be going to any cons this year, much to my regret. Money's just too tight, and while saving up for a house is going to be worth it in the long run, it does suck not being able to go places you want for mini-vacations.

Oh well.

Hey, anyone going to Dragon-con that likes mushrooms??? ( yes I know this is a silly question but there's a method to my maddness, I swear! )When we wen back in 2001, we stayed at a hotel down the block from the Con hotels, and they had a diner ( I think 24 hours ) that served fried mushrooms and theyrocked! lck

So if y'all go, munch some mushrooms for me, eh?
"Sometimes I think I've been bad an' God sent me to Hell."

"This isn't Hell but you can see it from here..."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Wait a con in Atlanta, and I've never heard about it. My god what kind of brick wall was I staring into. So how much is it to get in?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

www.dragoncon.com I am not sure on the cost.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Wow - I'm gone for a few weeks... anyhow, I have a hotel room a block from the Con (the Hyatt and the Marriot are already sold out), and to the best of my knowledge, I'll still be going.

I'll likely be selling t-shirts and CDs (and collecting autographs this year) since I may not be making many more 'cons in the next few years.

Cost is now $85. You could've saved $15 on registration, up until July 1st.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Oh not fair I finnally get a vacation and i leave on the first of september, and wont be back until the 10, oh well It'll have to wait till next year :cry:

It is Sept. 3 - 6 right, cause any other time
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:( Dang that is alot of extra cash i may not be able to make it after all but i will try.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Good luck to you on that and hope to see you there!
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

You know the Web site about the rooms are not all right, I did get the room even after it was sold out, but there still some good hotals around that are not sold out like the Westin Dontown. Oh any info you need I work at Dragon for over 7 years and I can help any who ask :wink:
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

Oh yeah did you know you can get in as stff for only $20 for all 4 days. Jast ask me eshadowsaber@yahoo.com