morrowind

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Kzinistzerg wrote:Still, for all its greatness, Morrowind has a lot of glaring faults like that.
Yeah. But I prefer the whole "I become godly so quick" to OB's "no matter how high a level I become, everything still is equal to me". So it's not so bad a flaw. Another flaw I think was the animations. The ones for human and elven races are so stiff and robots, and the beast races move in a manner most describe as looking like they have a broom handle shoved up their arse. :lol:

Oh, and the lack of physics makes movement frustrating at times. I can't remember how many times I've wanted to murder the guards in Ald'Ruhn's Skar for blocking the walkways. You can't move them at all.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

yeah, good times, good times :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

And pillow forts, gotta love the pillow forts...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

hah i had 2 nice little tricks to my sleve
first after i killed the fighters guild leader i didnt notice untel now that if i talk to the ald-ruhn fighter staward he automaticly makes you guild master(score)
also as author more glitzy thing , if you kill the dukes brother and talk to him about it, he makes you part of the hilaau great house, even if your in another great house! 2nd score, ill update my stats in a day or 2 seeya
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

stats updated
(P.S. i bet no one else in this Fourm is in more factions then me)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Lukas wrote:stats updated
(P.S. i bet no one else in this Fourm is in more factions then me)
Probably not. I don't think I joined many when I played. I avoided all of the houses, (unless the main quest demanded otherwise), on the most part, and really only devoted myself to the Mages and Fighters Guilds, both of which I was master of by the end.

Some people complained about how you could become like a GOD character in Morrowind...but I thought that was the greatest reward for bothering to level up to 51+. All of the enemies that you used to have to run in fear from suddenly seem trivial, and that feeling of overwhelming power felt GOOD.

I don't like the scaling system in Oblivion at all...but I didn't mod it out the last time I was able to play it, because I know doing so would break the balance of the game the way it was designed to work. ...but I still hate that, no matter how awesome I get, I'll always get beaten down by lowly town guards and whatever I accidentally run into in the woods like I am still a struggling Noob.

My favorite memories from playing Morrowind would have to be anything that involved the more 'amusing' Gods, like Sheogorath, or this other guy, Boethiah whose temple was submerged, and he commissions you to build a new shrine in his honor, and you get this eccentric Orc artist to help you.

I still love the Fork of Horripilation.

*My Favorite line*

"What is it mortal? ...have you come to be of service to Sheogorath? That, in and of itself speaks towards your madness. ...This PLEASES Me..."
~ Sheogorath

...Good Times... Good Times... Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

My Favorite line*

"What is it mortal? ...have you come to be of service to Sheogorath? That, in and of itself speaks towards your madness. ...This PLEASES Me..."
~ Sheogorath
i have yet to find a sheogorath statue that allows me to take its quest, is there a certain place and time i have to be in to summon him? i did all the other deity quests and i just need to do his
(also i get the fork too, plus the ten paces boots)
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Lukas wrote:
My Favorite line*

~ Sheogorath
i have yet to find a sheogorath statue that allows me to take its quest, is there a certain place and time i have to be in to summon him? i did all the other deity quests and i just need to do his
(also i get the fork too, plus the ten paces boots)
It's in a room in one the sewers of Vivec. Under either St. Olms or St. Delyn, I think.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I'm still messing around with mods, whee. And I still haven't played through the main quest. :lol:

I had a cool idea for one of my own. Finally worked all of the bugs out of the script. Problem is I have no models or textures for my new shinies and no way to make them myself.

Eh...maybe I'll forget testing/making the new mods and just dive in with my Argonian alchemist. Er, after I play the main quest. With my one and only Orc/good/no-stabbity-NPCs/no-stealing/no-selling-moon-sugar character. Then I'll dive in with my twisted alchemist. Yeah, sounds good.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

proable saint deyin, since there is a completly differnt statue in the saint olms
(there is also one in the foreign quarters
but is there a certain day or season i have to be in to summon him?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Morrowind had a lot of bugs, but that was to be expected when creating a game on such a large scale.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Lukas wrote:proable saint deyin, since there is a completly differnt statue in the saint olms
(there is also one in the foreign quarters
but is there a certain day or season i have to be in to summon him?
No. If it's the right statue walk up to it and activate it the same way you use a door or talk to someone.

The only time you'd have to worry about summoning days is if you were playing Morrowind's predecessor - Daggerfall. It had summoning days for the Daedric Princes, but Morrowind and Oblivion did away with that idea. A bit clunky, waiting days to summon a Daedra or a year because you missed the summoning date, etc.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

okey, ill have to google which statue it is specificly to find the right one
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Lukas wrote:okey, ill have to google which statue it is specificly to find the right one
It's the one in the sewers beneath the City of Vivec.

Walk right up to the statue itself and talk to it/activate it. ...I had no idea when I did it the first time. I just ran up to it, hacking away, and hitting the activate button to amuse myself, thinking I was beating up on a mean scary statue of a bad guy, (since his followers tried to kill me), but was pleasantly surprised when something actually happened.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

dont worry about it, i did the quest and got the cool spear( madness is a blessing too! :P)
also now im completing temple quest since they can nab you some cool stuff
(by the way i almost hit 90 rep., to bad we dont have multi. or i would have fun challging my morrowind only guy against vuld. expasion + charecter)