Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

The Harry Potter series is one instance where I think I like the books equally to the Movies. Usually it is universally true that the book is allways better. (...gee...that was redundant...)

The books were all good, but not that good, and though the stories as they were "written" were a little bit deeper, the films I think have all been generally more Entertaining than the books.

I look forward to seeing "Goblet of Fire" in theatres. ...but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it if I missed it.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Vuldari wrote:The Harry Potter series is one instance where I think I like the books equally to the Movies. Usually it is universally true that the book is allways better. (...gee...that was redundant...)
Well, to make this thread slightly relevant to this site, one instance where the movie was 10 times better than the book was "The Howling." Even though I love this movie (obviously, per my login name), I only recently read the book, and am I glad they didn't stick to it at all! It read more like a mystery than a horror, even though we all know the "twist" ending by now--that everyone in the Colony is a werewolf. It introduces Eddie, the evil werewolf in the beginning of the novel but then completely forgets about him for the rest of the story, whereas the movie brought him back for a slam-bang TF and finale. Also, the werewolves in the book were actual wolves that walked on all fours, instead of the bi-pedal version that I like much better, not to mention that it's just better to watch a TF onscreen than read it in a book.
Oh, and I heard "American Psycho" was a much better movie than book, but I never read the book.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Hmmm that is weird vuldari i really enjoy the harry potter books more then the movies. I just like the stories and i don't like how they have to shorten them to make a decent movie time.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I prefer the books of HP to the movies. But that's because there's much more information that they give you in the books....

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I guess what I was trying to say is, I really liked the Harry Potter books, but I don't think they are as good as the hype makes them out to be. At the same time, all three movies that I've seen (and the fourth looks similarly good) have been a little bit better than I was expecting. Therefore, they seem to balance out to me. I do not deny that alot of good material, and especially STORY was cut out in the film versions which really did add to the books. The films did seem a bit incomplete without that. ...but, seeing a Hypogriff is a little more fun than reading about it.

On the other hand, as awsome as the LotR movies were, I really do feel that the books are even better. (I highly reccomend reading them, if you havent yet.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Harry Potter 4

Post by Darth Canis »

http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_h ... oblet_clip

Check out the new Trailer we get our first glimpse of Voldemort and he looks wicked i think the film is even rated pg 13.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I merged the 2 Harry Potter threads. :D
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Ahh hehe cool sorry did not know there was another thread.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The Harry Potter movie series so far has been quite fantastic and beautiful. Between them and the Lord of the Ring trilogy, fantasy is finally getting taken seriously by Hollywood.

The only complaint I have about the Harry Potter movies is the werewolf. Of course they'd screw up the werewolf! Gah! The real Curse of the Werewolf is the inability of Hollywood to get it right.

Everything else was just about perfect.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

lol nicely said Scott... :supermad:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The world has abondon, we fight alone agients a sedous enemy.
An enemy who would defy our vison of werewolfs.
Who would have our pack crumbled from within.
But we are strong enough to fight these sensless directors
We are strong enough previal.
Sensless killers, mindless and evil creatures, these are what hollywood would bring to our gloriouse and bueatiful werewolfs.
Do not tell me we cannot win, WE MUST.
You ask for perfection, that they cannot give you.
You ask for a new role for werewolfs, which is in our grasp.
Hollywood directors would portray our werewolfs as evil creatures of the night and give terrible reputation to all wolves alike.
I Shadow Wulf as dictator of the common wealth I dedicate myself to protecting the lives of our precuose wolves.
Fight, Fight I say.
With people such as these hypocrites running the studeos, we must crush our enemy, crush the directors and wipe out all the bad werewolf movies in are dark history!

:D I think Ill be good as a dictator :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I have all the HP movie up to date on DvD and I plan to get them all as they come out and seee them on the big screen :D
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:The real Curse of the Werewolf is the inability of Hollywood to get it right.
So true. :(
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Actually for Lupin's character the scrawny rat-wolf worked quite well. The point was to make the audience feel sorry for him, not to make them go "kewl I wanna be a werewolfz too!". In Harry's world being a werewolf is a curse and anything other than that hairless number was not going to do much to make it seem so horrible. He was supposed to suffer, and if you turned into a rabid naked rodent every full moon you would too.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:The world has abondon, we fight alone agients a sedous enemy.
An enemy who would defy our vison of werewolfs.
Who would have our pack crumbled from within.
But we are strong enough to fight these sensless directors
We are strong enough previal.
Sensless killers, mindless and evil creatures, these are what hollywood would bring to our gloriouse and bueatiful werewolfs.
Do not tell me we cannot win, WE MUST.
You ask for perfection, that they cannot give you.
You ask for a new role for werewolfs, which is in our grasp.
Hollywood directors would portray our werewolfs as evil creatures of the night and give terrible reputation to all wolves alike.
I Shadow Wulf as dictator of the common wealth I dedicate myself to protecting the lives of our precuose wolves.
Fight, Fight I say.
With people such as these hypocrites running the studeos, we must crush our enemy, crush the directors and wipe out all the bad werewolf movies in are dark history!

:D I think Ill be good as a dictator :lol:
I wouldn't vote for you :P
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote: :D I think Ill be good as a dictator :lol:
I wouldn't vote for you :P
:evil: RELEASE THE DUCKIES!!!!!!
:ducktoss3: :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

hmm *joins Illuminati* i rule you now :P
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

so what Im with the majestic 12, ha higher rank!!!
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Oh well I'll just have to go AWOL then won't I :P

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

you WILL not go awol on me son, you will get back here and give me 100 NOW!!1
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I would .... except ..... aren't you like 16 .... how'd you get that position in the military at sixteen.... :?

I demand a better GENERAL!!!!!!!!!

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I surpass the mind unintelectual simpletons they have in the army and they found me and said they need more generals aas good as I am in war strategic planning, I currently have been assigned to central command. :drillsgt:
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ok mr smart-one how what was Alexander the greats first military assinment and how old was he :P

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

it was during 1944 in D DAY and he was only 16 years old like me. :lol:
Image Image