Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Wrong! *trap door opens under SW* thanks for playing :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

That is a good point that we are suppose to feel sorry for lupin. That could be one of thet possible reasons why he looks like a sickly rat thing. I still don't know he didn't have to be a van helsing werewolf cuz that would have looked ridiculous in context maybe even just turning into a pure wolf like the one from brothers grimm would have worked i thought that had turned out rather decent.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Harry Potter's "flying" car is stolen

Post by Figarou »

Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Maybe it just wandered off on its own?
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think someone flew it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:lol: Nice i can't wait!!!
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

I hope they release a detailed figure of the Horntail dragon.....the lego version doesn't count..... :wink:
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Wowsers!!!

This film is #1 at the box office. It made $101,425,000.00 over the weekend.

:o

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Heh, I'm not really suprised.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Same here, the worst time for a movie to be released is when harry potter comes out at the samne time. :roll:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

I did find a Horntail......though it's not exactly the detailed figure I was hoping for I can deal, though it's also a tad expensive.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=WEB8069

Do dragons appear in any of the other HP books yet ?
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

[spoiler]Complaints:

-didn't show the quidditch world cup match (wtf?!).
-no mention of Fleur being a Veela, and no display of her power over men.
-didn't get to see the first three matches with the dragons, just Harry's. Granted, I can understand why this makes logical sense, but I still wanted to see them.
-though I can live with them not showing the matches with the dragons, they should have at least showed all four little mini-dragons.
-Uh...house-elves? Earth to house-elves?
-Voldemort. Sorry, but I always thought Voldemort should radiate evil. To me, this guy was a lot like Frasier Crain.
-No sphinx?
-the romance between Hagrid and that other tall person is greatly reduced.
-No Rita Skeeter-turning-into-a-beetle-and-getting-caught-in-the-jar thing. That was always something about the book that I really liked.

Positives (probably not the right word, but oh well).

I don't want to put this in bullet form, because it's really not appropriate for that. Ultimately, my favorite thing about the movie was the whole atmosphere and attitude of it. It was really funny, in ways that I can't really describe. Human emotion and reaction were well-captured, to glorious effect. Also, Mad-Eye Moody was absolutely perfect.
[/spoiler]

All in all, it was a great movie. However, I think they should have just made two movies out of this book, or one really long one, with an intermission. I had heard rumors a while back that they might make GOF into two movies, and I wish they had.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

They didn't show the other mini-dragons ? I was hoping for that scene, I figured it would at least provide a glimpse of the other species..... :(
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

I liked it =) Saw it at the Directors Hall at the local theatre near work-Plush leather seats/stadium seating :D Nice and comfy.

Good music etc, fun trials etc =) Definitely a go see.
ImageImage
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:They didn't show the other mini-dragons ? I was hoping for that scene, I figured it would at least provide a glimpse of the other species..... :(
They showed Harry's, and a glimpse of someone else's. But, not the other two.

(Like I said...or meant to say...whichever...they cut a lot of corners in this film.)
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

The movie industry one-just wants to rush and get the movie out before the holidays,

I thought the movie was okay. I thought it could have been better but it was pretty nicely built. Some parts (Like Excelsia said) were cut out, which I didn't like. But the movie wasn't bad. Voldemort wasen't scary enough to my opinion. He looked a bit like a old bald guy but it was still okay. I did like the climate and layout of the movie however. And some parts were really funny. :|
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Did anyone hate absolutely hate the death eaters hats? I know they were going for something of a KKK look but seriously they looked like they were wearing dunce hats. The movie all in all was better than any of the others but i still wish they would have put in the scenes mentioned above.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Darth Canis wrote:Did anyone hate absolutely hate the death eaters hats?
Yes. If the Death Eaters were real, who ever designed those things would be Avada Kedavra-ed in a hurry.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Was a pretty good movie. :D

And yeah, the Death Eater hates needed some work, though I did like the little skull-mask they wore (that I only noticed when Voldemort started tearing them off).

I kinda excused Voldemort's...lack of scaryness on account of just having been risen, and thus kinda deformed and not entirely back-to-normal. *shrug*

But otherwise I agree with Excelsia. I mean, those stadiums, both the one for the Dragons and the Quiditch world cup match....SO awesome. Go mostly unused.... :roll:
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

I dident like this movie to well. To me it seemed chopy
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

All the potter movies do though they can't capture the flow of the books very well at all. If you haven't read the books you will be greatly lost seeing these movies. They are a nice compliment (sometimes) *werewolf* cough cough to the books but no more then that.
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

Gosh, they left out A LOT (understatement of the day). But the parts that they did manage to squeeze in were done well to an extent even though they also changed scenes to make up for the fact that they left out a lot. I think if they didn't include the Malfoy/ferret scene, blood would've been spilled in theaters across the world. Fred and George were great too, and Hogwarts really felt like a school somehow. My parents disagreed saying that there was just more socializing, and I just rolled my eyes. Still, this seemed mostly a movie made for fans of the book. I can't imagine how a person who hadn't read them would've understood half of what happened.

I thought Voldemort was great. I think it stayed true to his description.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Excelsia wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:They didn't show the other mini-dragons ? I was hoping for that scene, I figured it would at least provide a glimpse of the other species..... :(
They showed Harry's, and a glimpse of someone else's. But, not the other two.

(Like I said...or meant to say...whichever...they cut a lot of corners in this film.)
Here is a site that has mini's of the 4 dragons:

http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/ ... 67&catID=0

A bit expensive but at least you can see what they look like.