What pet would you get?

The place for anything at all...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

What pet would you get?

Post by Kaebora »

This is a serious question ok, so read carefully.

You just won the lottery. You decide to get a pet. It can be any animal in the world, and you have the money to buy whatever it needs. What animal would it be?

Assuming you have done your research, make sure it is a choice you think you can handle if it were true. For example, owning a tiger would be interesting, but very very dangerous. It's not a very docile creature, and could take your arm off. Things like that should be considered.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

I think I'd rather have a nice dog
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

ONE pet? A kitty!

While a Grey Parrot would be cool, I wouldn't have the time to keep it from going insane.
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

I'd just get dog, either a husky or a malamute. I do have an interest in wolf hybrids, but they're not something I'd be able to handle.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

The lottery? Easy. A wolf. 100% wolf. I would have the money/time to give it the environment and care it would need. I would raise it from a puppy and make sure it gets lots of human contact while it's growing up so it learns not to be afraid. He would be my companion and he would educate the world how beautiful these animals really are. Just as it was taught not to be afraid of humans, he would teach humans not to be afraid of him.

But that's a dream only sweet sweet lottery winnings can make possible.
Guy!
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

ArcaneWerewolf wrote:I'd just get dog, either a husky or a malamute. I do have an interest in wolf hybrids, but they're not something I'd be able to handle.
Ditto to that :jester:
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

an Utonagan :o
Shift_
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ShadowFang wrote:The lottery? Easy. A wolf. 100% wolf. I would have the money/time to give it the environment and care it would need. I would raise it from a puppy and make sure it gets lots of human contact while it's growing up so it learns not to be afraid. He would be my companion and he would educate the world how beautiful these animals really are. Just as it was taught not to be afraid of humans, he would teach humans not to be afraid of him.

But that's a dream only sweet sweet lottery winnings can make possible.

Thats exactly what I would do.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

A cheetah.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

A cheetah? Good luck with that. That's a vicious animal.

I'm still seriously considering getting either a Wallaby, or a Sugar Glider.

Wallaby

Sugar Glider
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Great minds think alike, eh Kaebora.

Actually, while cheetahs are high maintenance, they're built for speed, not power, so they aren't as aggressive as other big cats. The big thing about cheetahs isn't safety so much as the commitment involved in owning one; they require a lot of care and a lot of room to run around and get their exercise, but since money isn't an issue in this discussion, that would make them one of the easier big cats to own.

The heart wants to say 'tiger,' but the brain knows I could never handle that, so I'd compromise and get a smaller wildcat like a serval, caracal, or at the very biggest, a mountain lion.

A big cat would be my absolute first choice if I had more money than I knew what to do with, but if I had to consider my finances, I'd agree with you and go with the wallaby.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I think Id stick with my ferrets, rats and dogs. :D Though they'd be spoiled with new toys and treats. I dont want a wild animal. Thats cruel.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I found my first thought should probably be kept in the fantasy world... so instead of a dragon, I would say an iguana with a very large habitat (and the proper food and the like to grow in excess of 6 feet long). Which reminds me, when I was in the desert four years ago - a lizard (I don't know the species) that was roughly as wide as a hummer almost became a speedbump (at a distance it looked like a stick, until it darted off the road).
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Baphnedia wrote:I found my first thought should probably be kept in the fantasy world... so instead of a dragon, I would say an iguana with a very large habitat (and the proper food and the like to grow in excess of 6 feet long). Which reminds me, when I was in the desert four years ago - a lizard (I don't know the species) that was roughly as wide as a hummer almost became a speedbump (at a distance it looked like a stick, until it darted off the road).
Wow, that is a big lizard...

For me, I would probably go with one of the cats of North America, a bobcat or a cougar but sugar gliders are also so darn cute.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

MoonKit wrote:I think Id stick with my ferrets, rats and dogs. :D Though they'd be spoiled with new toys and treats. I dont want a wild animal. Thats cruel.
What's cruel about it? Exotic animals are bred in captivity to be sold as pets. As long at the owners have done their research on how to properly care for the animal, and follow instructions to the letter, there is no cruelty involved. Captureing a true wild animal and forcing it to be tame is cruel, since it knows what it's like to be wild. Most exotic pets are captive bred, and thus are easier to tame without stressing out the animal.

Wallabys, particularly the Bennetts Wallaby, is prized as a very friendly pet. Just so long as I tend to its high maintenance needs, and play with it regularly. The downside here is that a stressed Wallaby can get sick easilly. Unless I don't have to work anymore, I'll never have time for a Wallaby, so it's all a part of my retirement plan.
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

ferrets x2 and a few malamutes or huskies or somethin of the sort. :)
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

I have owned dogs.

A few of my neighbors have had wolves for years which are personable and friendly

But

You know what.

I really enjoy having a few tabby cats around the house and there are so many in desperate need of good homes.

And remember, whatever you get, it will attach itself to your heart and someday, its time to pass will come and you will mourn its passing.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

well for me if I have a pet, I would want an Alaskan Malamute, dalmatians and greyhounds. Plus I would like to own a horse farm and raise horses
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Now if you have really won the lottery, that would be cool....

But I would go get a 67' Karmann Giha as my baby, and then I would get a kitty from paws and claws, our local animal shelter
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

I would go for a sentient AI computer generated dragon rawr. If that failed either a lizard of some sort...though I don't like chameleons or a husky. If I could I'd go back in time and get back my old dog :(
My real online handle is Derutydragon
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

If I won the lottery, I would get a Wolf :lol:

I think with all the books I've read and documentary's, and time on my hands I could handle a medium to high content one.
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

A camel, a zebra, a Pharaoh Hound, or a Goshawk. One of those.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

A dolphin, they are so playful. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

You'd have to have a huge tank to keep it in, and give it daily attention, and dolphin playmates. Too tough a pet for me.
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Thats why id work at Sea World, lol.

No, but the pet I would have and keep it around my house, it would be a husky. That simple. :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image