I think I know why people like to leave the PACK...

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

I think I know why people like to leave the PACK...

Post by MattSullivan »

I could be wrong though. But until last year, I never posted so often to any kind of internet forum. Now, after a year or so...I'm bored.

Yup. Bored.

Oh, I'm not saying you guys are boring...its just...you do something so much and so often, it gets repetetive, and you go looking for something else to make life worthwhile.

As for me, I'm just a writer. And an unsuccesful one at that. Granted, I like werewolf stories, but I can't talk about it 24-7. I just can't. I have other movie ideas, and if all I ever wrote about was werewolves, I'd get into a rut. Well, more of a rut anyway...

I guess the reason i bring this up is because so many people are leaving...and well...I'm pondering that myself. if anyone can give me a good reason to stay...I suppose I could. But whenever i log onto the PACk lately, I feel like..."Meh" So I'm starting to wonder if the novelty is wearing off.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

We all pretty much predicted this over a year ago where everyone was saying that pretty soon we will run out of things to talk about. We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. that time just happens to be now. But regardless of how boring it gets here Im a loyal Pack Member to the end.

EDIT: I always feel like creating a music video devoted to those who have left the pack, but I dont know how to make it interesting.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Perhaps it's because Freeborn and many other werewolf films just haven't made it to the screen yet...we need new stuff to talk about
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I dont understand why all these producers dont want to give these werewolf movies a shot. I mean they did a movie the most ridiculous things.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I am telling you man. Selling amovie is just the hardest thing you can do. More often than not, ittakes a lot of luck, and even when you get that luck, it takes another 5-10 years before the film actually gets made, or, it gets stuck in development hell. And lets face it, werewolf movies...they tend to make produxcers wince and say "Ohh. i dunno about that. Those kinds of movies aren't that profitable"
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I hate being helpless and watch you and Anthony's movies sitting there to rot. :(
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

We all get bored, Matt.

I myself don't talk about werewolves all the time. There was a time where it got so boring...I totally dropped it. Only to pick it up again a few years later.

:roll:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

hey. That's the chance we take when we decide to become writers/artists. You take the chance that the work you do may never be super-successful. Even if youre talented, its no guarantee your stuff will get recognized.

But damnI sure hope our films dont sit there "to rot" Im gonna keep trying to ge them sold. I have two sequels to Cl and 6 new movies towrite...so im gonna be busy.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I dont know what to say Morkulv. I have realized on a few occasions where everyone ignored you. But I didnt know you felt that way.
Image Image
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I try to mix it up and do plenty of art OTHER than werewolf related stuff. Dispite that, my art thread barely gets very many responses. The reaction to that 3D version of Figarou got more attention than any of the other art I ever posted here. It's safe to say that not too many are bored with werewolf stuff, and not too many are interested in talking about anything else here. That's just from personal experiance, so it's not nessesarilly 100% true.

I like werewolves, but am not as much a fan of them as most of you are. I still manage to find diverse threads to have discussions in. And this moderator job keeps me coming back every day to check on the progress of dozens of discussions I may not be involved in. It's still all very interesting. I tend to avoid the forum games though. I suppose that doesn't appeal much to killing my forum boredom.

Half the time my posts are ignored, but then this is the same for most of everyone else. Morkulv must have had days like mine where you feel invisible here. Those days do suck bigtime, and discourage posting more. Nobody's falut really.

I definately encourage forum events and some occational non-werewolf related art, writing, and topics around here. I was thinking of starting a special event here for the gamers of The Pack to keep things fun.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

We should have game get together for the whole pack.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I know what you mean. I spent all day today to do as much stuff as possible. I painted in the morning, later me and my friend went to another of our friends house and played xbox there. and then we played airsoft by the woods, after that I watched spiderman 3, great movie by the way but an awful actor for venom.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Figarou wrote:We all get bored, Matt.

I myself don't talk about werewolves all the time. There was a time where it got so boring...I totally dropped it. Only to pick it up again a few years later.

:roll:
seconded :roll:

that and the topics are just... frankly lame.... and with all these new young noobs the place just isnt what it used to be.... the RP's are dead.... the new topics now are just ...crap.... the werewolf area.... in my opion are played out or posted out.....

i havent been here long and this place has changed big time..... certainaly isnt the way it was when i joined and im sure its worse for all the seasoned vets. of the pack.

this place is still a good place and all and members (some-most) are cool ,but to be honest the drive for me to wanna visit everyday has significantly died down..ands there fore my attendance will significantly die down... :roll:
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

You do eventually end up repeating yourself.

I try to add some new ideas, but mostly only the ones talked about a million times before get new responses and threads and often these are just newer people repeating what has already been said and asked so we get the same conversations over and over again.

its this reason I tend to ignore a vampire related section on another forum I frequent (which has expanded so much from that section that it might as well not even be viewed as a vampire forum anymore).
You can only repeat the same things so many times.

and extra talk tends to wield unusual results. wereWolf/cat-girl hyrbids, wish-bones in werewolves or simular structures, alternate versions of werewolves, werewolf venom.

You get basically four types of responses to threads like these.
1:(that's not a werewolf, strict one favorite type interpritation: usually acompanied by pseudo-science or what not that focuses on the particular version they like)

2:(it can what ever you want so long as it fits your story)

3:(the weird spiritual furre/therian response that goes way off base of the fictional creature and tries to make it part of this other world for some reason)

4: (embraces the concept, and goes with it, but tends to narrow their focus to one type or another as well)

and then they all clash heads for a little bit before agreeing to disagree.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

What keeps me coming to this place isnt just the topics or the fact that its a cool werewolf forum, but because there are alot of nice people here that I would never meet in any other forum. So I always feel that I should come here everyday no matter what.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I agree.

I keep coming back, not necessarily because I like talking about Werewolves so much, but because YOU GUYS/GALS are so much fun to talk about those kinds of topics with.

I tried to get away for a while once, but I just keep being drawn back in.

I Love this place. :howl:  :oo Image :howl:  :oo
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I simply do not have time to read everyones stories posted in both creative writing sections, on top of all of the other stuff I already do online...

...so I never even look within either section of the forum. I have read NO ONES stories, so obviously, I can not comment on any of them either.

I avoid the "Forum Games" and all of the "Roleplaying" sections as well.

...it's just TOO MUCH to try to keep up with Everything.

It's nothing personal. ...I'm just prioritizing.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I barely even post in the werewolf related sections anymore. I do think we've discussed everything to death...probably even before I came here. :D However, I get some of my other news here and you guys usually lead me to other cool links and things. I dont use this place as much of a werewolf forum anymore so much as a "hey what cool things did you do or find today" place. Make sense? ??

And Fredriksam, dont worry about no one reading your story. To tell you the truth, I don't even go into the creative writing section. I dont have the time to read the stories as Im sure so do a lot of people. And when they do read, more then likely they'll only be interested in werewolf of wolf stories. Dont be offended! 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That's true. i like talking to you guys about random things just as much as the werewolves...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

boredom....one of the forces that drive humanity, if we were not bored all that is humanity would not be. Yes, I feel loyalty toward the pack, so I have not left enirely and merely leave be hind the fossils of what was my hayday at the pack. I have noticed this trend for a while, though I too have often thought I would leave this place soon, truth be told, I check it everyday, I find it hard to leave this place however old it becomes. Though I may not take the hands on job I once had here, it does not mean I do not stay. Though, to those of you who move on, I wish you the best, and i do hope you return here after a while, maybe you see a comercial advertising freeborn, whatever it may be i hope to once again be talking to you when that time comes.

And I know for some of you who do not return, may there always be something to look forward to in your life; whether it be hopes, dreams, family, love, or when you have reached the final journey to which is known as death.

Later days! :wink:

Valete! Until we meet again
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon