Lil' Bush

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.

Hit or Miss

Hit
30%
Miss
20%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
50%

Total votes: 20

wolfpriest
Legendary
Legendary

Lil' Bush

Post by wolfpriest »

Comedy Central's : "Lil' Bush" Will it be funny as heck or as lame as...well "Blue Collar TV"
What do you guys and gals think?

I personally think it might be funny as heck as some of the funny little commercials are!

And for you people that dont know what i'm talkin about here is the catch;

Main Character -> George W. Bush --> As a 3rd grader --> Thats all i know... VOTE!
[wolfpriest] T.T Save me from her
[cumulusprotagonist] How could I possibly do that/
[wolfpriest] uuh...magical mystical mind bullet?
[Mom] OMG Gary WTF ouch...That better be fruit punch on the floor!
*Visit my blog here: http://wolfpriest.blogspot.com/
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I'm not going to watch it. Comedy central should NOT be having very very very political stuff like that, imo. They can host programs, yes, with political stuff, yes, with party bias, yes, but directly made solely to mock the president? I don't think so.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I'm all for making fun of the president. Quite frankly, I dislike him. I dislike him immensely. However, this show just looks bad. Terrible. The jokes from the commercials just kind of suck, and aren't as clever as they're trying to be. It just looks like crap. I won't even bother.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Even I don't have Bush enough to find this funny. All of the jokes I've seen so far were not only bad, they were painfully obvious and overstressed, almost like the writers think the audience is just as dumb as the president is. I can't stand programs where they talk down to the audience or feel obligated to explain the jokes and/or repeat them in case you didn't get it the first time.
chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chubhound »

I'm still not sure about this. But I DID enjoy "That's My Bush", so I'll probably like this'un too.
Life is too serious to be taken too seriously
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

It looks pretty funny, and seeing Bush being burned like that, to me is worth watching but would it actualy be good?

I'm going to check it out.
THE GAME

My Armory
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

To me, it looks like an okay show. Something to watch on Wednesday nights when nothing else is on. I'm not sure how long it'll be on TV for, but it doesn't look as bad as some of the other stuff TV has shown these days.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

chubhound wrote:I'm still not sure about this. But I DID enjoy "That's My Bush", so I'll probably like this'un too.
That's My Bush was by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, though. I don't think it was good because of Comedy Central, and quite frankly, this show just looks plain BAD. All of the jokes shown so far are so obvious and simple.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolfpriest
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfpriest »

Thats why people like family guy and south park....so maybe this one will slide by
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

ravaged_warrior wrote:I'm all for making fun of the president. Quite frankly, I dislike him. I dislike him immensely. However, this show just looks bad. Terrible. The jokes from the commercials just kind of suck, and aren't as clever as they're trying to be. It just looks like crap. I won't even bother.
I don't just dislike our president, I hate him. if the show is crapy, I think it insults him even more, so I'm gonna watch it. :evil:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
wolfpriest
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfpriest »

Way to go Nago Fight da power
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I think the intention is good, because I mainly encourage anyone to mock that terrible man called Bush. But the show is just too cheesy IMO.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chubhound »

Well, after seeing the first episode, I think the show is more than a little dumb, and I doubt it'll last more than 1 season but for some reason....I plan to watch it while it's on. I think it's so bad it's kinda good.
chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chubhound »

Well, after seeing the first episode, I think the show is more than a little dumb, and I doubt it'll last more than 1 season but for some reason....I plan to watch it while it's on. I think it's so bad it's kinda good.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I saw it but I'm not too crazy about it.
I mean, the "lil" characters do look cute and the animation is okay but it's just doesn't do it for me. However, I might find myself watching it if I can't find anything else to watch.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i thought it was pretty funny,

a good satire about the people you hate does the spirit good :P
THE GAME

My Armory
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Bush looks and sounds almost nothing like the real guy? Having to see and hear it over and over is getting annoying...

And by the way, Nagowteena, how does a show that mocks the president badly insult him even more? It seems more empowering to me, because it makes it seem like the guy doesn't have enough to insult him with. Which, clearly, he does. I agree with you, the guy's an asshole. What we need... Is a dick. Dicks f*** assholes.
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

George Bush will go down as the worst president in American history. It's unavoidable.
BloodMoon
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Bunnyfodder

Post by BloodMoon »

So the show itself was okay. There were some decent parts. I loved the way they portrayed Cheney. Throughout the show they have him ripping the heads off animals and sucking them dry. He doesn't speak in words either, just grunts.

I'm not sure I will become a regular viewer, but it was at least enough for me to try to catch the next episode.

Oh "Hi". I'm new here.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

MattSullivan wrote:George Bush will go down as the worst president in American history. It's unavoidable.
Carter's already said it. We're halfway there.
BloodMoon wrote:He doesn't speak in words either, just grunts.
They made him talk like the Penguin from Batman... Which they might have stolen from The Daily Show, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because hey, he looks like the friggin' Penguin. What bothers me is that they didn't like... You know... Draw him to look like the Penguin, or at the very least to look kinda like Cheney. Hell, none of the characters really look like their real-life counterparts... Or sound like them, which is okay for Dick "the Penguin" Cheney, but when the main character is a half-assed impersonation of the real guy, that's a problem.
-Jack Handey