The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Post by Vilkacis »

(I got that image from here.)

According to this place, you will be able to transform into a wolf.

Screenshots of interest:
http://img100.echo.cx/img100/5528/92076 ... 0042kq.jpg
http://img100.echo.cx/img100/2416/92076 ... 0086ec.jpg

More screenshots can be found at the second link, above.

Not sure what's up with that little creature riding you, though.

There are some rumors going around about there being a werewolf character (probably not Link or Zelda), but I don't know how true they're supposed to be. Could be completely unfounded, for all I know. But it'd be cool if that were the case.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Oh Wow!!! ...you mean there might actually BE a werewolf character in the New Legend of Zelda game?! (...though it might actually be Princess Zelda rather than Link...or neither.)

Holy @#%#$%#!!!!! Image

I am a total nutcase Nintendo fanboy...how did YOU see this stuff before I did??

The fact that the WOLF is in the LOGO just blows my mind. I had lowered my expectations and accepted that the wolf was probobly just an insignificant background element, but now...Image

I'm pumped about the new Star Wars movie comming out in two days (I have my tickets), but I'm even MORE exited about this new Zelda Game...now even MORE than I was before.

THANK YOU, Thank You, Thank You....THANK YOU for Sharing Vilkacis!! Image Image

[Edit: After looking at All of the screenshots again, and remembering what I allready know about the game so far, (Miyamoto has said that "communication" with animals will play a big part in this game), I am still not convinced that the Green Wolf IS Link...or Zelda...or anyone as a Werewolf for that matter.

My intuition tells me that the funky green thing riding the wolf IS LINK. ...cursed by the hat he is wearing and dependant upon the wolf untill the cursed hat can be removed. {pure speculation} Remember being stuck as the Deku scrub in "Majoras Mask"? ...or being stuck as a helpless pink bunny in the dark world of "A Link to the Past"? I think it is far more likely that it is yet another incarnation of that scenario.

But there is at least a Kick @** beautiful green wolf character in tha game, and that in and of itself makes me happy. *Crosses fingers and hopes the Wolf really IS Link* ]
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:Oh Wow!!! ...you mean there might actually BE a werewolf character in the New Legend of Zelda game?! (...though it might actually be Princess Zelda rather than Link...or neither.)
Like I said, that's just a rumor--it could be completely wrong.

Vuldari wrote:I am a total nutcase Nintendo fanboy...how did YOU see this stuff before I did??

Found it in Jakkal's LiveJournal. Just thought the rest of you might like to have the benefit of seeing the same information.
Vuldari wrote:THANK YOU, Thank You, Thank You....THANK YOU for Sharing Vilkacis!! Image Image
No problem, but I think you probably would have found out about it before too long.
Vuldari wrote:[Edit: After looking at All of the screenshots again, and remembering what I allready know about the game so far, (Miyamoto has said that "communication" with animals will play a big part in this game), I am still not convinced that the Green Wolf IS Link...or Zelda...or anyone as a Werewolf for that matter.

My intuition tells me that the funky green thing riding the wolf IS LINK.
That could be, or at least, that would explain its presence. I have very little information, to tell the truth.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Nevermind...here is an exerpt from a live feed of Nintendo's conference which is happening as I am Typing this...
IGN.com wrote:9:38 am: "Of course we have saved the best for last. Today, prepare to see Link as you've never seen him before." Zelda trailer plays. Lights are flashing in the audience to simulate lightning flashes in the trailer. And yes, Link turns into a wolf in the trailer. (Take that, Zelda Board!) :b Crowd goes wild.
*passes out with a smile on his face*
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Hey, excellent
8)

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

You know, if you take a close look at the pics of the wolf and Link, you'll notice they both have the same ear rings.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

That's funny. Until you pointed it out, I hadn't even noticed that either one was wearing earrings.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:That's funny. Until you pointed it out, I hadn't even noticed that either one was wearing earrings.

-- Vilkacis

Yup. Maybe the earrings has something to do with it. (Its just a guess)

Also, the wolf was chained up in this pic.

Its possible you need to be a wolf to free yourself.

Still, its a very interesting game. I may look into it.

Ummm..wait a sec. Is it for the Gamecube or the new Nintendo game console coming out?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

For anyone interested, a Link to a review of said video, and the aforementioned Video itself.

Link IS a Genuine Werewolf allright... Image

...the transformation is a bit dissapointing, but...honestly...I can live with that.

*passes out again*
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I'm pretty sure it's for the GameCube.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:I'm pretty sure it's for the GameCube.

-- Vilkacis
Good. Because I happen to have the component cable to see it in progressive scan mode. :D
Vuldari wrote:
*passes out again*

Heh, I like to see your reaction when you finally get the game in your hot little hands. Errr...ummm...paws. :wink:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Also, the wolf was chained up in this pic.

Its possible you need to be a wolf to free yourself.
Watch the video and see. That little guy is Links prison buddy, I guess. (...I assume that he is this games "replacement" for Tingle. ...whom NO ONE liked.)

Figarou wrote:Still, its a very interesting game. I may look into it.

Ummm..wait a sec. Is it for the Gamecube or the new Nintendo game console coming out?
No...it is DEFINATELY comming to GAMECUBE. ...THIS Year.

*Too exited to stay unconsious* Image

[Edit:] (01/15/06) If only it really HAD come out in 2005. *sigh* ...still waiting...
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:(...I assume that he is this games "replacement" for Tingle. ...whom NO ONE liked.)
AH HAHAHAHA!
:lol:

But, seriously, it looks like he takes a major part in battle with the wolf form.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: Watch the video and see. That little guy is Links prison buddy, I guess. (...I assume that he is this games "replacement" for Tingle. ...whom NO ONE liked.)
I'm downloading the video as I type this. Sure is taking a while. I bet there is a lot of people downloading it as well.

Vuldari wrote:No...it is DEFINATELY comming to GAMECUBE. ...THIS Year.

*Too exited to stay unconsious* Image

Cool!! Like I said, I have the component cable for the Gamecube. It should also be in Dolby Pro logic2 Can't wait to play this game!!
Last edited by Figarou on Tue May 17, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:*passes out again*
Heh, I like to see your reaction when you finally get the game in your hot little hands. Errr...ummm...paws. :wink:
Let's just say that you won't want to get between me and my Gamecube untill I have played it...if you value your LIFE... Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:*passes out again*
Let's just say that you won't want to get between me and my Gamecube untill I have played it...if you value your LIFE... Image

Hmmmm...I noticed some people has disappeared when they got World of Warcraft. (WOW) They couldn't stay away from it. I bet it'll be the same thing once you get this new Link game. :wink:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Hmmmm...I noticed some people has disappeared when they got World of Warcraft. (WOW) They couldn't stay away from it. I bet it'll be the same thing once you get this new Link game. :wink:
I finished "Ocarina of Time" in less than a week...and got my copy of the game five days before the "official" release date...I did not stop untill I had finished it, and was battling with monster Gannon while many other Nintendo Fanboys (and Gals) were just starting the game up for the first time.

Image ...does that answer your question? Image

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WOW!!

Just saw the trailer.

I'm getting this game for sure!! Image

*joins Vuldari by passing out*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:Hmmmm...I noticed some people has disappeared when they got World of Warcraft. (WOW) They couldn't stay away from it. I bet it'll be the same thing once you get this new Link game. :wink:
I finished "Ocarina of Time" in less than a week...and got my copy of the game five days before the "official" release date...I did not stop untill I had finished it, and was battling with monster Gannon while many other Nintendo Fanboys (and Gals) were just starting the game up for the first time.

Image ...does that answer your question? Image

:hsup
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Heh, now I'm regretting letting my sister keep control of the GameCube while I'm here at the University.

*sigh*

Maybe I'll be able to get it back next time I visit my parents' house.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

You know, I'm glad I have one of the 1st Gamecube consoles. I havn't had a close look at the newest Gamecubes.

You see, when they drop the price of the Gamecube, they are actually taking something away from it. I heard the newest Gamecube has no component hookup. I need to look into it.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:For anyone interested, a Link to a review of said video, and the aforementioned Video itself.
The article you linked to says:

"A search of the title Twilight Princess on the Internet, however, reveals some interesting information. Apparently this is also the name of a Japanese manga which was inspired by the movie Ladyhawke. That film tells the story of a knight and his lady ruined by a horrible curse. The knight is forever cursed to transform into a wolf with the moonlight, just as the lady is cursed to change into a hawk at the first sign of sunlight. There is a possibility, albeit far from proven, that the new Zelda may mirror this storyline. Footage from the latest trailer seems to back this theory, as Link can be seen carrying a hawk on his arm as he explores certain areas. If Twilight Princess does follow the Ladyhawke storyline, that hawk would of course be Zelda."

Interesting...

The article also mentions a game called Okami. As far as I can tell, this is a play on words, as Ookami means 'wolf' in Japanese, but it can also mean mean 'big god' (and, in fact, those are the kanji they use). In this game you play as a sun-god who has turned himself into a wolf to bring life back to the world. Looking at the videos, I thought the gameplay looked very similar to Zelda (See here, media spotlight, on the left). Early 2006 release, PS2 -- other platforms may depend on success.

To tell the truth, I'm almost more interested in that one. Beautiful.

Of course, there's no reason why I can't have both.

-- Vilkacis
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

!!!

Werewolf Link. :o

Cooooooooooooooooooooool. 8)

Must...get....gamecube....
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

I am beyond happy right now...

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Impressive. Those graphics are seriously amazing and I have to wonder if it's actually going to be on the GCN. The wolf thing is really a neat new twist onto the Zelda series. And this thing's inspired by Ladyhawke? Oh man, I love that movie! :D There's a connection I'd never have suspected.