The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

TakeWalker wrote:And this thing's inspired by Ladyhawke?
Maybe, maybe not. But that would be great to see.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

TakeWalker wrote:Impressive. Those graphics are seriously amazing and I have to wonder if it's actually going to be on the GCN. The wolf thing is really a neat new twist onto the Zelda series.
Don't worry...it ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY Will be on GameCube, and will come out late This Year. Image

[Edit:] (01/15/06) ...Again...I wish this had been true...but I have faith that it will be worth the wait, and the extra polish will be appreciated
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I'm buying it :D

I was sold after I saw the preview...

Although I wish they kept their original idea of having it be a very dark, depressing, violent and gory game...

Oh well...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Just saw trailer on G4 my god it looks soo cool, as soon as I saw it hoped on my Golf Cart and rode to the nearest EB and blew all my X-Box 360 savings on it :cry: but link is so worth it :D
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Vuldari wrote:
TakeWalker wrote:And this thing's inspired by Ladyhawke?
NO. Any Similarities that may exist will be purely coincidental.
Ahh. So it sounds, actually, more like the old Dark World transformation. Except now Link's not quite so helpless.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

TakeWalker wrote:Ahh. So it sounds, actually, more like the old Dark World transformation. Except now Link's not quite so helpless.
Indeed. The scenario is very similar.

Like the dark world TF in ALttP, the transformation into the wolf is, apparently, actually a hinderance rather than an advantage, and the goal (as I understand it) is to remove the effects of the shadow realm so that Link can remain in Human/Elf form, in which he is more powerful and capable of handling the chalenges within.

In other words, Wolf Link is his weakened state...Image
...also, apparently, when Link is in wolf form, he will allways have Minda (the little thing with the hat), on his back. He will never go "Lone Wolf" in the game.

I would have prefered that Links Transformation into a wolf was an "advantage"...a more powerful form with which to kick butt in... but, apparently that is not the case.

The point of the game is to be ELF Link and weild the Master Sword and be the Hero that way. I can live with that. Link rules! Image

I do not know if Link will ever gain the ability to switch between his Human and Wolf forms at will. I think he will just be forced to be a Wolf in the Dark Realm, and then return to being an Elf in the Light world.

...however...I do know that an important game element will be that, in Wolf form, Link will be able to communicate with other animals.

There are alot of wild animals (squirrels, hawks, goats, horses, monkeys etc.) shown running about in Links home village , and likely in other parts of Hyrule as well...which makes me think that there is, at least, a slim chance that Link will learn to become the Wolf in the light world as well, in order to get information out of the local wildlife...but I really know NOTHING either way...I'm just speculating...

I can hardly wait to play this game!
...But I'm going to have to, since it won't hit Store shelves untill Mid-Late FALL at the earliest.Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The thing about most Zelda games is that, whenever Link has more than one form, there are advantages to both. Adult Link might have been stronger, but he often had to go into the past as Kid Link to accomplish things he otherwise could not have.

The same will probably be true of this new Zelda game. Human link will be a more powerful, more familiar, or at at the very least more fun warrior (except for us werekin), but Wolf Link will have just as many tricks in his arsenal as any other form he may take.

I can already tell from the trailer that Wolf Link can run much faster than Human Link. There could be plenty of instances where an enemy can only be fought or an area can only be accessible by exploiting this newfound speed. And that's just one example; chances are there is a world of difference between Wolf Link's and Human Link's capabilities.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Yup...yup... Image

Wolf Link (though not as versitile or powerful as Elf Link) will be FAR from helpless, from what I've seen. (Which I'm sure is exactly the same as what YOU've seen...)

...swift...yes indeed, though not as swift as your horse, (The horse does not come with the name "Epona" by default. You actually get to name your trusty steed whatever you want at the begining of the final version of the game.), and with fully functional (and brutal) teeth and claws, plus lightning quick manuvers, the assistance of Minda and her freaky hat (and all of the "secret" powers the pair hold), and likely various other special abilities that ONLY the wolf can do...aside from talking to animals...you can be sure that Link will see plenty of action, and kick, (or perhaps "bite") alot of baddie Butt in his Wolf form.

(I sure hope he will be able to get that bitter taste of "Stalfos Knight" out of his mouth after biting the butt of those decaying old bones...Image )

Go Wolfie Link!!! Image

=^.^'= ~
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

WE have game cube and would really love the game. To bad its not hitting around the stores untill quite awhile. Always loved Lync, but now that hes a werewolf, hes really sweet!

They did mention something about werewolves in Gamers Mounthly when they interveiwed the creators, but they said it was confidental. I sappose they wanted to keep it a secret so people wouldn't pass out.

Go Wolfie Lync!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Its Link not Lync.

Llamas can't spell.

Naw!!! :D
Last edited by Figarou on Mon May 23, 2005 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I sappose because I had a dog named Lync, and another named Zelda. (Har Har.) But then I like 'Lync'.

Ah well, LINK is hot, I mean errr...who said that?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:I sappose because I had a dog named Lync, and another named Zelda. (Har Har.) But then I like 'Lync'.

Ah well, LINK is hot, I mean errr...who said that?
Oh ok. That explains it. :D
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

*Grins* I'm not usually one for video games, but I'm definately interested/excited about this! I saw the FMV when the link was posted on Transfur - and have been eager about it since ^__^.

And I really like that interview - especially why they decided on a wolf for link - too many cultures villanize wolves, and I'm glad to hear of the association with the hero here :)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I made this to use as my Desktop and I felt like sharing...

...enjoy.

http://img109.echo.cx/img109/3991/zelda ... fposte.jpg

(...Gimp is my new Best Friend...Image )

=^.^'= ~
Jakkal
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Jakkal »

I did a werewolf Link pic back in 2001. This is just a dream come true for me ;)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Jakkal wrote:I did a werewolf Link pic back in 2001. This is just a dream come true for me ;)
Yeah...I loved that Pic you did. That is one of my all time favorite Were-Creature images I've seen.

=^.^'= ~
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:o So your the one who drew that picture :D I feel in love with that picture after I saw it so long ago :D I actually drew a picture of link as a werewolf, but I lost it after I moved :cry: But it was no where near as good as yours :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

It is offical for those who weren't sure....Link indeed is a werewolf :D
Acording to my Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine a interview was done with Producer: Eiji Aonuma....Link will be able to communicate with other animals and possibly his horse Epona....Minda forms a partnership with Link.....Also Minda will be the only one to travel on WereWolf Link.......It also states and I quote... Princess Zelda and GanonDorf are confirmed to be in the game as well....GANONDORF :o I am so happy to hear he is not gone yet :D (Well unlike like some people I think that GanonDorf is sexy and of course Link is sexy too!!!!!) :roll: Yep!!!! Also Link does not start out in his green tunic we all know him well for, actually he lives in a village and is in town folk clothing.......As in Orcania of Time the are trying to create the same time system so that Link could change the time if need be, but only when required, because that would affect the gameplay and in some places it stays a certain time of day because of certain situations....Gorons and Zoras folk are alos said to be in the game.....Unlike Orcania of Time at night you will have a lantern because without a lantern you can't see anything....One more thing, Minda also uses her powers to attack enemies along with Link :D

Well that's all I have and I think that should be enough for now, but here is something I found out....If you pre-order the new Zelda game, you will get a remake of the Zelda game Wild Waker and this version will look like the Link on this new game coming out in NOVEMBER 2005 :o

SabreWolf aka WereWolf Queen :howl:  :oo
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

SabreWereWolfQueen_84 wrote:Well that's all I have and I think that should be enough for now, but here is something I found out....If you pre-order the new Zelda game, you will get a remake of the Zelda game Wild Waker and this version will look like the Link on this new game coming out in NOVEMBER 2005 :o
Thanks for all the info, but you are a few months behind. All of this information has been out since E3. Image

...also...I'm sorry to tell you this, but the WindWaker Re-make, Pre-Order deal was a cruel joke created by a magazine. It's not true. It was just an "April Fools" joke. (Which fooled me too when I got the mag, since thier APRIL issue was not distributed in April. (It actually came out two months before the month...or after...I don't remember which.)

...cruel teasing aside...I'm really exited about this game. It is supposed to be much larger than Ocarina of Time, (which is why you get your horse right away...it would take forever to get from one aria to another otherwise), and I read in my latest issue of NINTENDO POWER that the music Dirrector KOJI KONDO is trying to talk Nintendo into letting him do the entire game's musical score in real-live orchestrated music. (Like the music in the Trailer.)

As I understand it, the game is supposed to take place in the time between OOT and WW...So Link and Zelda are not the same characters from OOT but are reincarnations of their former selves, but Gannondorf is the same Gannondorf who was sealed away in OOT, and later comes back AGAIN in WW, hundreds (or thousands) of years later, after the conclusion of TP. ...I think... I really don't know that for certain.

=^.^'= ~
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

The Zoras and Gorons are back yay! :wink:

Oh and by the way It only takes place a few decades in the future of OOT so ... they might be not be dead... maybe. I know you'll meet some old charactor from OOT and MM, and that tingle wont be there :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Will I just posted it for those who may not have known.....like myself :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Update!

Post by Vuldari »

I wrote:
TakeWalker wrote:Impressive. Those graphics are seriously amazing and I have to wonder if it's actually going to be on the GCN. The wolf thing is really a neat new twist onto the Zelda series.
Don't worry...it ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY Will be on GameCube, and will come out late This Year. Image
Ummmm....it seems I may have spoken a little too soon. Nintendo swears that it is still going to come out for GameCube, (who knew the little Purple Box could make such pretty pictures?), ...but we will have to wait a little longer.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/642/642238p1.html
Zelda Delayed to Next Year

Twilight Princess development team requests extra time to make it a better game.
by Matt Casamassina
Loading AdDynamix ...

August 16, 2005 - Nintendo announced this morning that its anticipated new adventure game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, has been delayed. The title, formerly scheduled to debut this November around the world, has since been postponed to 2006 so that the developer can continue to make the game better.

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."...

...In the epic adventure, a 17-year-old Link travels across a gritty, realistic world and is able to move into an alternate dark land called the Twilight Realm, where he transforms into a wolf. Twilight Princess won a number of considerations by critics when it was presented in playable form at the Electronics Entertainment Expo. However, even then, members of the development team hinted in interviews that they would have to work overtime in order to meet a holiday release.

Speaking with IGN, Kaplan elaborated on the delay of the new Zelda. She explained that Nintendo has not yet committed to a new release date for the game, except to say that it would arrive sometime after March 2006. "But it will be worth the wait," she added....

...With Twilight Princess being pushed in 2006, some Nintendo fans are wondering if the game might ultimately be killed for GameCube and instead repositioned as a launch title for Revolution, the Big N's next-generation platform. Revolution is set to launch sometime in the second half of 2006, according to sources. According to Kaplan, though, the game is still scheduled to ship for GameCube.

"In effect, because of the backward compatibility built into Revolution, every GameCube game also will be a Revolution title," she said. "But we feel a commitment to the GameCube owners who've been patiently awaiting this new Zelda title, and don't want to force them to wait and buy a brand new system in order to play the game."...

...The Nintendo spokesperson also had a message for GameCube owners deflated by this latest delay. "Our message is that we understand what a disappointment this is solely because we know people are eager to play Zelda," she said. "The philosophy of 'quality-first' still lives within Nintendo and it's something we won't compromise on. When Zelda game arrives, we hope to hear that players are thrilled with it and believe the wait was worth it. We think it will be."

Nintendo has released seven new screenshots of the game in motion. Readers are directed to our images section for new shots of Link exploring a populated town and manipulating the snow as the wolf.
Here are the new ScreenShots: (Very Impressive...Image)

Preeeety Water

Visiting Town Squar...err...Octagon

Slow Down...you little...

That Bats sooo gonna get it...

Link does a bit of Gardening

Stay away from me you ugly...

...and last, but certainly not least... Nintendo previously stated that Link could ONLY be the wolf in the cell-shaded "Twilight Realm", and that he and the little gremlin MINDA would never be seperated when Link was the wolf. ...but then THIS picture appears. Link is the Wolf, outside of the Twilight, and Minda is nowhere to be seen. Could it be that something has changed? What does this mean? Hmmmm...

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Update!

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:
postponed to 2006
*cry*

Ah, well. If the game will be better because of it, I don't mind waiting.
Vuldari wrote:...and last, but certainly not least... Nintendo previously stated that Link could ONLY be the wolf in the cell-shaded "Twilight Realm", and that he and the little gremlin MINDA would never be seperated when Link was the wolf. ...but then THIS picture appears. Link is the Wolf, outside of the Twilight, and Minda is nowhere to be seen. Could it be that something has changed? What does this mean? Hmmmm...
Now, that would be nice *crosses fingers*

-- Vilkacis
Mysterious Lycanthrope
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Mysterious Lycanthrope »

OMFG!!!! You people are makeing me so mad I'm literally crying!!!! :cry: Link only transforms into a wolf once he enters the Twilight Realm. The little thing on his back in THE Twilight Princess. Link isn't actually a WereWolf persay, he's just forsed to loose all of his abilities & start a-new as a wolf. In the beginning of the game, Link is a farmer who works mostly with animals. The transformation doubles as a (temporary) weakneses, & a way for him to become closer to animals.

Story 4 all dingle brains:

Link lives in a peaceful village as a farmer after he defeated Gannon. A little girl is kidnapped, & Link has to once again become a hero. He chases after the girl on his horse & fights her captor. (not sure if her gets her back at that time or not.) Link wins & realizes that evil is comeing back to the land.

Link gies through temples as usual. He enlists the help of animals to swing him over broken bridges & such.

As Link travels, he happens uppon the Twilight Realm. Once he enters it, he instantly transforms into a wolf. He is captured be something & chained up in a cage. The Twilight Princess sees Link & knows he can save the land from evil. She help Link escape & stays with him to help when she can. Link wuickly mastes his new powers & fights with Midna(TP's name).

All the while, Zelda iz watching the events unfold from a tower. Zelda is wearing dark clothes, like she has witnesed great tragedy. (I'm not sure if Zelda actually does very much, or if Midna basiclaay takes her place.)

Link & Midna keep fighting evil...yadda yadda..... (I'm not sure if he transforms baxk to normal in the end either. Or if Gannon is the big baddie, I don't think he is though...)

Now that that is clarified, L8er!!! :femshft :howl:  :oo
"To die is to know that you're alive." -Ville Valo

"The most rebellious thig a person can do is be themselves" -unknown

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Please don't be so rude...

The Link in this game, along with Zelda are NOT the same characters as in "Wind Waker"...as the game takes place at least several generations, if not Centuries later. They may or may not even be direct decendants of their former selves, but rather "Reincarnations" as they were in "Wind Waker", of the Link and Zelda of "Ocarina of Time".

I'm pretty sure that Minda is in no way, shape or form a "Princess". She is not even human, or even a normal creature for that matter. She ceases to exist in any recgognisable form when she exits the Twilight Realm, but remains with Link somehow, (in a way that has not been explained yet), untill they enter the twilight again.

Princess Zelda...trapped within her own castle at the heart of the Twilight Realm (remaining in human form, likely only because of the enchanted cloak she is garbed in), is far more likely to be the "Twilight Princess" implied in the Title.

The rest we all know allready (as it has all allready been mentioned earlier in this thread).

What exactly is making you so mad that it makes you want to cry?

Now please...try to be a bit more civil about sharing your opinion and knowlage.

(... "DingleBrain"...Indeed...)