The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Pet Cemeteries and Cremation

Post by MoonKit »

So I don't think my Lola is going to make it much longer and I'm beginning the search for something to do with her body. Unfortunately I don't have a yard myself and I've never buried a pet in a cemetery before nor had one cremated. Has anyone done this? If you have, could you please tell me a little about it. I have emailed a few places but you guys will probably get back to me sooner. I was just wondering how it works and possible prices. Thanks for your help. :(
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

my pets always got burried under the rosebushes and flowers. I'am sorry, but I can tell you that your vet would probably be able to take care of the body for you or know where you can put it to rest.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

we had 4 pets cremated in my family
3 dogs
1 cat

its pretty easy and you can keep it close, just don't open the urn for bad luck
(also if you want you can spread the ashes its a double feature thing)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, Lukas makes a point, its easy to keep them close, or if you choose to do so you can also spread the ashes. I cremated all of my animal friends. I can't remember what I paid, I'll have to get back to you on that. Best wishes.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
BloodMoon
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Bunnyfodder

Post by BloodMoon »

My Wife's cat passed earlier this year. It was pretty traumatic for her. At any rate, she wanted to have a private cremation done (sadly, most cremations are done en mass). It cost about $160 and took about two weeks before we could get the ashes. She then bought this beautiful bronze sculpture that had a reliquary piece built into it to hold the ashes. Rusty currently sits on a table next to the couch.

There are plenty of animal urns available on the net in all different price ranges. I think we spent about $300 for the urn, but you can get them much, much cheaper. As a matter of fact, Rusty's ashes came back from the cremation in this nice wooden box with a little padlock on it. For most people that would have been nice enough; just not my wife.

I'm sorry that you are anticipating the loss of a pet.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

I looked it up, like BloodMoon I paid around $160 to $180. Sorry again.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Thanks guys. She may still pull through but shes looking really bad and its good to be prepared. Thats horrible about the mass cremations. Id make sure to ask for an individual one.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend