What games do you Play/Own?

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

I don't have that many (hey, they cost money) but I'm hoping to change that :p You should see my wishlist.

Playstation 2 (such a giant wishlist for this console! unf)
- Ratchet and Clank
- Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded
- Sly Raccoon
- Primal
- SOCOM II: US Navy SEALs
- Killzone
I rent a lot of PS2 games (try before you buy, heh) as well, when I can.

Nintendo 64
- Lylat Wars (aka Starfox 64)
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Banjo-Tooie
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Perfect Dark
- Jet Force Gemini
- Mario Kart 64
I had Donkey Kong 64, but I sold it :p

No PC games yet - apart from Riven - but I want Unreal Tournament (2007 is coming!), Pariah, pretty much some good FPS stuff. The action, platformers and RPG games I like generally play better on consoles.
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Games

Post by Miguel »

I don't understand why people like X-box so much. I am happy with Ps2,Gamecube and laptop consoles.

(I know random...but don't you love it) :lol: :wiggle:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Games

Post by Vuldari »

Miguel wrote:I don't understand why people like X-box so much.
Halo 1&2..."X-Box Live"...and the shiniest versions of most multi-platform games...
Miguel wrote:I am happy with Ps2, Gamecube and laptop consoles.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

I Miguel don't like x-box.

You know that xbox live costs money but ps2 online is free? :idea:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Miguel wrote:I Miguel don't like x-box.

I know...I don't have an X-Box. ...don't wan't one...
...not interested in XB360 either.

I was just answering why other people like X-Box.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Miguel wrote:I Miguel don't like x-box.

I know...I don't have an X-Box. ...don't wan't one...
...not interested in XB360 either.

I was just answering why other people like X-Box.

I like all 3 current systems. But each one has an advantage over the other. Xbox is the only one with DD5.1 while the other 2 has Dolby pro logic 2

PS2 does have a few games in DTS interactive.

You do get more for your money with Xbox. With the PS2, everything is sold seperately. (Harddrive, and that gadget for hooking up to the internet)

Gamecube made it difficult to obtain that component cable. It was only available online at the Nintendo web site. I was lucky to get one before they sold out when the Gamecube was new to the market.

Now I'm not sure what the next gen consoles will be like when it comes to bargains. The Xbox360 will have a bundle package during its launch. I'm hoping Sony and Nintendo does the same thing so I can enjoy HD right out of the box.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

I have all 3 systems and I'd have to say the gamecube is the worst. At least the new zelda game features a werewolf.

The X-box 360 features free online play.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Akela wrote:I have all 3 systems and I'd have to say the gamecube is the worst..
Uh oh. Uh oh! Ya' shouldna' said that!

*peers around for Vuldari*
:lol:

Anyway, I think it really depends on what you're looking for. To each their own. Personally, I love every single game I have for the Gamecube.

But, then again, you're talking to someone who thinks the SNES is one of the best console systems that has ever been made. At least, as far as quality games go.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Akela wrote:I have all 3 systems and I'd have to say the gamecube is the worst..

Anyway, I think it really depends on what you're looking for. To each their own. Personally, I love every single game I have for the Gamecube.

But, then again, you're talking to someone who thinks the SNES is one of the best console systems that has ever been made. At least, as far as quality games go.

-- Vilkacis

There is only one thing I hate about the SNES games. The battery inside the cartridge will die and you have no way to replace it. You need that special tool just to open it. Without that battery, you can't save games.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Actually the SNES is my favorite system. But at first there were some decent 'cube games but then it pretty much slid downhill after the Windwaker. Gamecube games also proved to be way too easy for me and the games starting getting really short. And then after becoming a Warhammer player most gamecube games weren't macho enough for me. I must say it's geared towards the younger crowd.

I'll stick with my RTS games and RPG's like Morrowind, at least I get my money's worth.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

You want a Gamecube game that's tough to beat, I recommend Custom Robo. Until you can defeat the last boss on there with all three of your allies alive and over half your HP, you haven't mastered video games.

I love zee 'Cube. Never had any interest in X-box whatsoever, and there was never much as far as Playstation exclusives to get me to bother with buying a PS2. Ratchet And Clank was fun, and I had the chance to play a bit of Destroy All Humans which rocked, but other than that...nah.

Anyway...I have a few games to add to my list there. I have both Urban Strike and Jungle Strike, I think one of them I have on Game Boy. Not sure which. Also... *scribbles in Donkey Kong (the original where he throws barrels at you), Quix, Centipede, Milipede, Space Invaders and Tiny Toons Sports at the bottom of the Game Boy part and Battle Tank (something like that anyway), and Battleship under SNES*
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Vilkacis wrote:

-- Vilkacis
Indeed...to each their own.

If you are not a Mario/ Zelda/ Pokemon/ F-Zero/ Metroid/ Pikmin/ Animal Crossing/ Star Fox/ Kirby fan...but are a big FPS- Traditional Racing- RTS- RPG- and/or Bloody, Violent game fan, then there is alot more of what you are looking for on the other consoles.

But if you are a big fan of Nintendo's long running franchises, then there is no question about which system to put your money down for.

No worries...I have no problem with people who prefer the other consoles. ...it is just when people claim that Nintendo makes "lame" or "stale" videogames, without ever playing them, or say those games are BAD because they are not dark and gritty like the games they usually play that makes my blood boil. Like them or not, Nintedo is very good at what they do.
Figarou wrote:There is only one thing I hate about the SNES games. The battery inside the cartridge will die and you have no way to replace it. You need that special tool just to open it. Without that battery, you can't save games.
As for the battery life thing... I've heard numerous stories about the internal batteries dying and the games becoming nearly unplayable without the "Save" feature.

However, strangely, it has NEVER happened to me. I still have my Gold Zelda (the ORIGINAL) NES cartrage, which I believe was the first game to use such a battery save feature ever, and it works perfectly. My save files are fully intact...even the ones I've not overwritten for YEARS.

...I'm not saying the problem does not exist...I'm just saying that it may NEVER be a problem for you. All of my battery save games on the NES and SNES and N64 are fully functional. I've had no problems at all.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:There is only one thing I hate about the SNES games. The battery inside the cartridge will die and you have no way to replace it. You need that special tool just to open it. Without that battery, you can't save games.
As for the battery life thing... I've heard numerous stories about the internal batteries dying and the games becoming nearly unplayable without the "Save" feature.

However, strangely, it has NEVER happened to me. I still have my Gold Zelda (the ORIGINAL) NES cartrage, which I believe was the first game to use such a battery save feature ever, and it works perfectly. My save files are fully intact...even the ones I've not overwritten for YEARS.

...I'm not saying the problem does not exist...I'm just saying that it may NEVER be a problem for you. All of my battery save games on the NES and SNES and N64 are fully functional. I've had no problems at all.
Same here. The battery thing has never been an issue for me. I still have all my old NES and SNES games, and none of them have gone bad or lost saved games (admittedly, I haven't tried them very recently). I have, however, had a couple PS1 games become unusable over time (my copies of Xenogears and Final Fantasy Tactics, if you must know). The irony is, of course, that I still have the saved games for those on my memory card.

-- Vilkacis