Classic Transformers=BEasts

Here you will find forum type games to play.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Classic Transformers=BEasts

Post by Dreamer »

I came up with a neat idea. Since Transformers is coming out, I want to play a little game. Well, since in Beast Wars that cast of transformers was converted into having alternate beast modes when they landed on Earth, I was kinda wondering what beast modes classic transformers would have. Here are some examples:
UNicron= Giant world-devouring dragon
Junkions= Platipuses (Since platipuses apear to be a bunch of junk thrown toghether from other animals)

I can't think of what Soundwave would be withought it having to be incredibly lame to encompass his ginmmick (Shark and remoras, KAngaroo ec.)

So what are your ideas for what beast modes the classic transformers would take on?
XIV
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Rethinking the familiar characters as various animals is a bit of a paradigm shift, much bigger even perhaps than what the movie is doing, recasting car types and remodelling the characters.

Soundwave is a bit tricky; some kind of animal with a long range, loud sounding signal, perhaps. A lion can roar for 10 miles, and an elephant can bellow a long range boom. There's humpback whales, who talk to giant, cylindric alien probes that can almost totally ionize our atmosphere. Howler monkeys... Hmm...

:idea2:

A wolf?

Beast Wars pictured Optimus as a gorilla, a sort of pun on "primate." (I think they also tweaked his name to "Primal," a different pun.) But, I think a lion would have been more in character. Unless Lion-O had something to say, already having dibs.

Starscream: hyena, definitely. Maybe I've been watching too much Lion King.

The insecticons: how about giant insects?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Actually, I'd allways seen Starscream as being more of a raptor (Eagles, hawk, falcon, ect.), and by Soundwave's gimmick, I meant the casettes-in-the-chest thing.

Al;so, I see the constructicons as colony-based bugs, such as ants, bees, termites, ect.
XIV
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Hmm... Soundwave as a marsupial, perhaps? "Eject, Joey; Operation: Croikey li'ul bugger!"

Prowl: cougar
Jazz: peacock

I could see the Constructicons as ants; that would fit the bill. Granted, the thought of six ants becoming the giant robot Devistator would be a bit counterintuitive.

"Constructicons, unite!" vo-oh-ah-ah... vo-oh-ah-ah... er-er-er-erh... er-er-er-erh... vo-oh-ah-ah... vo-oh-ah-ah... clang! cling! "I am Devistator! Prepare for termination... Raid?!?!!!"
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Scott Gardener wrote:Hmm... Soundwave as a marsupial, perhaps? "Eject, Joey; Operation: Croikey li'ul bugger!"
Prowl: cougar
Well, that's what I thought, but it sounds a bit ridiculous. Unless there are any prehistoric marsupials that are fearsome enough for him to turn into. |

And Prowl was in the Beast Wars toyline (although not the show) as an owl.
XIV