Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Paying to get shot?

Post by Set »

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

That sort of thing happens all the time. I'm talking about somebody doing something strange to get out of the Army or sending you to a place you don't want to go.

While I was in basic training, a soldier keeps throwing himself to the ground and started crying. He also talked like he had some sort of mental problem. They knew he was faking it cause he wouldn't have passed through M.E.P.S. (Military Entrance Processing Command.) Thats where you go first so they can check to see if you are fit to join the Army. Example.....If you are color blind....you don't join.

I bet they'll keep Aponte in the Army and have him do stuff around the Army post. Like painting...KP....yard work...ETC.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Figarou wrote:That sort of thing happens all the time. I'm talking about somebody doing something strange to get out of the Army or sending you to a place you don't want to go.

While I was in basic training, a soldier keeps throwing himself to the ground and started crying. He also talked like he had some sort of mental problem. They knew he was faking it cause he wouldn't have passed through M.E.P.S. (Military Entrance Processing Command.) Thats where you go first so they can check to see if you are fit to join the Army. Example.....If you are color blind....you don't join.

I bet they'll keep Aponte in the Army and have him do stuff around the Army post. Like painting...KP....yard work...ETC.
Sleepwalkers also cant join the army. Count me out then!

I find it funny that the mans wife just happened to know someone who would shoot him. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

MoonKit wrote:I find it funny that the mans wife just happened to know someone who would shoot him. :lol:
I know...! I, too, thought it was really funny how his wife just *happened* to know someone willing to shoot her husband. She must keep some strange friends near her...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Couldn't pretty much anyone with a gun have done the same job? This makes it sound like they hired some sleazy hitman that the wife just happened to know...
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Maybe it was her lover! :o

:lol: Oh the gossip.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I actually did the test when I graduated high school, just to see if the option of joining was open to me. Apparently, they didn't catch the fact that I don't have depth perception, but did discover I have 15/20 vision in my left eye (20/20 in the right). So, they assumed I would make a good Abrams gunner, but not quite keen enough to be a sniper. Um... I'll stick to my art for now, and shoot big cannons another day fellas. LoL!

I wouldn't be able to handle a stray bullet environment. (Makes me wonder why I lived near Dallas. Har har.)
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Yeow... that's the sort of sight I've got in my good eye. My bad eye is something like 8/20 the only time anyone tried measuring my sight with numbers (about 15 years ago), and since then my sight in both eyes has been getting slowly but steadily shorter (got the correcting lenses endorsement on my licence and all). So I suppose I'll just have to sit around and wait until the Russians invade, and then start making life hell for them...
WhitePaw

Post by WhitePaw »

f*** coward :x
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

Waste of money. Might as well burn it up. :P
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

WhitePaw wrote:{censored} coward :x
Let's be fair, WhitePaw, war sucks, his response, though extreme, is understandable. Have you been to Iraq? If not, does that make you a coward? I mean, at least he was there once, if you haven't been there at all... But then again, avoiding war is why I don't plan on joining the army.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

If he didn't want to go he shouldn't have even went through all that to get there..Instead now he's got charges on him as well as his wife an the fools who did the act...yea pretty dumb :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Let's be fair, WhitePaw, war sucks, his response, though extreme, is understandable. Have you been to Iraq? If not, does that make you a coward? I mean, at least he was there once, if you haven't been there at all... But then again, avoiding war is why I don't plan on joining the army.

Consider yourself lucky. Because if there was a draft...you would have no choice but to go to war.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:

Consider yourself lucky. Because if there was a draft...you would have no choice but to go to war.
Don't worry... I consider myself very lucky. It would be bad enough that I'd be in a war, but I'd be even more pissed that it was one I don't even come close to supporting. The very opposite, in fact. I don't support war as an idea, but at least sometimes it's necessary. This isn't. This one's just bullshit.
-Jack Handey
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I say hats off to him... He says he can't handle war anymore, so the gov't shouldn't tell him when he should die in the jungle. He's very fortunate to have ended up in national jail however, because he could've ended up like David Hicks, without the part where he met Bin Dumbshit and ran away from a gun battle after like 15 minutes -- tortured for years and years on end.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Nothing extraordinary, this sort of stuff happened with 'Nam all the time. I figure I'd never get into the army, voluntarily or not due to my rather bad eyesight. I've heard they can't take anyone who's got bad enough eyes that they'll be a liability should their glasses or such be lost or destroyed.

But the ways other people try to get off are somewhere between hilarious, sad, and outright desperate. My history teacher last year had a buddy who got out 'Nam early because he got shot in the hand - the palm. Which kept his hand from being dexterous enough that he could fight well enough to keep around.

Now, of all places to be hit in combat, how likely is one to be shot in the palm...? I'm thinking the VC had nothing to do with that gunshot wound, y'know?
WhitePaw

Post by WhitePaw »

ravaged_warrior wrote:

you have my answer to that and thats all im going to say about it :|
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

That still doesn't always make someone going AWOL by personal choice a coward.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

WhitePaw wrote:you have my answer to that and thats all im going to say about it :|
And you have my apology... The problem was that I actually wrote that post twice. The first time, the apology was already in there, but the second time I somehow missed putting it in. Sorry about that.
-Jack Handey