amusing junk mail...

The place for anything at all...
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

amusing junk mail...

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i wus, out of boredome and curiousity, actually reading soem of the bs mail, and never realised how incredibly retarded some of the stuff actually is. like this:

Dear friend,

I can't imagine how you will feel receiving a sudden business letter from a remote country in far away Burkina Faso west africa and probably from some one you have not closely related with. But all the same, i believe we do not need to be of blood relatives before we can establish cordial/business relationship. Having said this, i think it is very important at this juncture to introduce myself to you.

I am.Mr Mustapha.Dada the director in charge of auditing and accounting section of International bank of africa(IBA) Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso west africa.
It is my pleasure to solicit your assistance in this business proposal. I am contacting you because, i do not want to transact the business with anybody who is known to any staff of this bank or anybody around here to avoid any possible blackmail or leakage at the end of the transaction.The proposal: During our investigation and auditing in this bank, my department came across a very huge sum of money belonging to a deceased person who died on 25 july 2000,in a plane crash and the fund has been dormant in his account with this bank without any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relation before our discovery to this development.the said amount was u.s $12.000.000m (Twelve Million United States Dollars) as it may interest you to know,

meanwhile all the whole arrangement to put claim over this fund as the bonafide next of kin to the deceased, get the required approval and transfer this money to a foreign account has been put in place and directives and needed information will be relayed to you as soon as you indicate your interest and willingness to assist us and also benefit your self to this great business opportunity. In fact i could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as a civil servant(a banker),we are not allowed to opperate a foreign account and would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer because i work in this bank.

This is the actual reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims as the next of kin with affidavit of trust of oath to the bank and also present a foreign account where he will need the money to be re-transferred into on his request as it may be after due verification and clarification by the correspondent branch of the bank where the whole money will be remitted from to your own designation bank account.

I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% of the total sum as gratification, while 5% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer and also telephone bills, while 55% will be for me and my partner. Please, you have been adviced to keep "top secret" as i am still in service and intend to retire from service after we conclude this deal with you.

I will be monitoring the whole situation here in this bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down to your country for subsequent sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment, either in your country or any country you advice us to invest in.
All other necessary vital information will be sent to you when i hear from you.
I look forward to receive your immediate response.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr Mustapha.Dada.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Ah, that's one of those Nigerian e-mail scams. You'd be surprised, some people actually believe those.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I've gotten so many of those it's ridiculous :P
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Ah, that's one of those Nigerian e-mail scams. You'd be surprised, some people actually believe those.
They do! I know someone who has once or twice...quite pathetic actually...

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

I don't seem to get those anymore. Some of the sender's names are also dead giveaways. I remember getting one e-mail in which the sender name was "Moore Proffit" or something like that :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I still get those, too. Also get a lot of UK lottery notices. The latest one seems to be "you've gotten an e-card from a friend!" notices.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:I've gotten so many of those it's ridiculous :P
Same here. and if I want to contract/conduct buisness with someone, I'll do it here :P
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Do what I do. You know those paid postage return envelopes that come with credit card junk applications sometimes? I take all my junk mail, stuff it in, and mail it off. ^_^
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
WhitePaw

Post by WhitePaw »

you know...it would be some crazy s*** if you heard an story from someone who actually recieved the promised money from replying too it..^^
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I've got the same mail. Its pathetic how spam gets disguised nowadays to something 'important' to attract people's interest.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I don't get spam mail. At least not in E-Mail form.
o_O How is this possible you ask? Simple. I haven't signed up for a bazillion things online.

Well then again maybe you guys haven't either and your just unlucky.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

"Dear stupid gullible white American. Give us your money. Love, Zambia."
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

spongypants23 wrote:I don't get spam mail. At least not in E-Mail form.
o_O How is this possible you ask? Simple. I haven't signed up for a bazillion things online.

Well then again maybe you guys haven't either and your just unlucky.
I only get stuff from Hotmail and some Astrology thing but thats it. My email is damn near spam free! :D

Back on topic: thats crazy that people fall for that. How stupid can you get. *hands out Darwin Awards*
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moonlit Hunt

Post by TobiasTheReaper »

I keep getting this one letter saying I've been elected as a CEO of an english tech corporation or something like that. They keep asking for my name and address and a whole bunch of other info. It's like "oh yes, please! let me sign away my identity to you!"
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I have received a couple emails like those, I had about four years of spam free e-mail, now I get a few in my bulk folder each day.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

OMG I've gotten so many of those, but I just deleat them. :roll:

it's all a scam, I've watched 20/20 and nightline, so that's why I know.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Please Read.

I am Mr. Song Lile director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I
have a business proposal in the tune of $19.5m. After a successfull
transfer, we shall share in the ratio of 30% for you and 70% for me.
If you are interested, send me the following; Full names, Current
residential address, Private phone number, Age, Sex, Occupation and
Profession through my private email (info_songlile@yahoo.com.tw) and I will give
you more details on how we will execute this project.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mr. Song Lile.

They must wait until the second e-mail for social security and bank account numbers.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Notice they're always named "Mustapha." Ever met any real person named Mustapha? Aside from these scams, the only Mustapha I know is Mustapha Mond, the World Controller in Huxley's novel Brave New World.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...