The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Awesome Wolf Animation

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lX7V9e0zzdE

I was glued to this seriuosly I wish I had such skills an time to do something even remotely good lol

Wolves are teh Awesomes :howl:  :oo
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

It is beautiful :) 8) Wish I had the skill and patience/motivation to do something awesome like that :)
She is an animator for Wolf (www.wolfmovie.com) Meet her at Anthrocon earlier this month too. She came all the way from Germany I believe.
First time I saw this with the sound available. Love that music, goes very well with the animation.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Silverclaw wrote:It is beautiful :) 8) Wish I had the skill and patience/motivation to do something awesome like that :)
My thoughts exactly! :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

Whoa, that's great. I love the music too. It's been forever since I last heard it. :)
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Nice, the music fit with the animation well.

Heh, the part where it showed both the front and back of the wolf at the same time almost seemed like a dance. :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Silverclaw wrote:It is beautiful :) 8) Wish I had the skill and patience/motivation to do something awesome like that :)
She is an animator for Wolf (www.wolfmovie.com) Meet her at Anthrocon earlier this month too. She came all the way from Germany I believe.
First time I saw this with the sound available. Love that music, goes very well with the animation.
OMG!! You know this person an they are working for the wolf movie too?! OMG!! That's so awesome!! :o I'd love to meet the artist, she's awesome an I look forward to this movie as well :howl:  :oo
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

... It's times like this I really, really hate my completely useless internet connection...
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

That's amazing :D what skills she has!
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

It's OK. From an animator's perspective it was very dry in the desgn area, and very stiff in the animation area. But as I've said before on many of my posts, I appreciate and applaud the effort.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

I thought that was pretty cool, speaking as a none artist/animator.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

The animation seemed a bit jerky, like there weren't enough frames, and there was a point where the background didn't move, which gave it an odd look, but overall a good animation, much better than anything I can do.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Draca
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Draca »

Well drawn, nice concept...animation's lacking. It's a good start, though.
WhitePaw

Post by WhitePaw »

cute
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I didn't really like it... If there were more frames and the background was more active and scrolling, maybe it'd be better.

But once i noticed the opening song to Chrono Cross was abruptly cut in the middle of the animation, i felt that the whole thing just went downhill. :/

What i'm worried most is the comments. There's just praise and worship notes instead of constructive crits. I'd give the creator a piece of my constructive crit, but i'm just not cool enough to qualify as an animator.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Keitsu if it dosn't look right to you you have every right to say it. You don't have to be an animator to think something doesn't look right.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah go ahead and just say it. :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I think it was nice. You have to take into consideration that it was done in only a month by a single individual. Sure there are some problems, but I think it's not a lack of skill, but a lack of time to refine it.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

We don't HAVE to take anything into consideration...respectuflly Pariah. Rushed is rushed. Talent is talent. What we see is the end result of effort. Whoever did this animation has the opportunity to improve on his/her work after this. They could have worked on it until it was better. Fixed the timing...whatever.

Adding to the criticism..is it just me, or does this look exactly like the white wolf from Balto?
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Adding to the criticism..is it just me, or does this look exactly like the white wolf from Balto?
Its just you.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

This person was under a time constraint. It was for a class.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Thank you SilverClaw an Pariah..Did anyone read the description besides the few that said something positive? Geez it says right in the description she was limited on time..You guys are just so read to slam someone because they aren't as good or better than you..It's silly..You of all people should know this Matt being an artist an animator yourself you need time to make something look right..I'm sure that will be the case with you as well should your movie start getting the attention you want..Geez.. :P

The problem was time.. I had barely a month to finish this(and had to go to school too), so please bear with me for mistakes. This is nowhere near perfect but it got me top grades nonetheless
That's wat she said on youtube...give alil something to her for the great job she did in the lil time she had :roll: Even the people on youtube insulted her skills..If you doubt them look at her DA site http://chireiya.deviantart.com
cause I'm sorry you guys are being rude..
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Oh, well, excuse me for stating an honest opinion.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

You have a right to like or dislike what you please. I am just pointing out that a lot of people seem to be approaching this animation as though it was made by a professional with unlimited time and money. Not all artists can be held to the same standard. Considering the circumstances, I think this person did pretty well.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Uh, yeah, its a student short film. Not The Lion King.
:P
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Is it getting a little heated in here?
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D