Vampire movies

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Vampire movies

Post by Silverclaw »

Vamps are nowhere near as cool as werewolves, but I still like watching the ocassional vampire movie :D

Some of my favorite ones, in no order:

-Underworld/Underworld Evolution
-Interview With A Vampire
-Near Dark
-From Dusk Till Dawn
-Bram Strokers Dracula ('92)
-Fright Night
-Dracula(With Bela L.)

You?
Last edited by Silverclaw on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The only vampire movie that really ranks anywhere on my list is the original Blade movie (I just pretend there were no sequels). Most of the vampire movies that came out after that are just a bunch of lame Blade wannabes (Underworld included).
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I'm not a huge vampire fan, but I liked Interview With A Vampire and Bela Lugosi's Dracula. Did they ever film him in the original play, or was film to expensive back then to use on things like that? Because seeing that would be awesome.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Re: Vampire movies

Post by wolf4life »

Silverclaw wrote:Vamps are nowhere near as cool as werewolves, but I still like watching the ocassional vampire movie :D

-Near Dark
-From Dusk Till Dawn
-Bram Strokers Dracula(one made around '94)
-Fright Night
-Dracula(With Bela L.)

You?

oh yea well have you ever seen...

"Moms got a date with a vampire"
???

Its a very stupid disney movie! :P
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Oh, crap, I remember that movie!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Isn't it funny that to my knowledge no one is out there tryinto create the "ultimate" vampire movie. Seems like they are satisfiesd with what hollywood throws their way.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:Isn't it funny that to my knowledge no one is out there tryinto create the "ultimate" vampire movie. Seems like they are satisfiesd with what hollywood throws their way.
Vampires are generally more popular in mainstream Hollywood than werewolves because they're easier to portray (just some gothic makeup as opposed to thousands of dollars in graphics/prosthetics), and as such, there are more vampire movies being made. . . So sooner or later, somebody is going to get that vampire genre the way vampire therians want it. . .

That and a lot of the current vampire fans became vampire fans because of Blade, Underworld etc.

Werewolves, however, are still stuck in the world of "Corny B." Not too many people want to write a good script for a werewolf movie because nobody thinks a werewolf can possibly look good on screen.

I've got faith in Tim Albee though, so I have a feeling that, after Freeborn, we will see some werewolf movies that are, at the very least, better than what we're currently accustomed to.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

You want a scary and gory vampire movie?

Check out the trailer and a clip from "30 Days of Night"

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_8804.html

Warning...the clip you're about to see is rated R for blood and violence

A trailer will play 1st...then a clip from the film.

Official site.

http://www.30daysofnight.com/
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I could never enjoy vamp-movies. Don't ask me why, but the only vamp-movie I could enjoy somewhat was Dracula (the Bram Stoker-adaption).

'Interview with A Vampire' almost made me puke.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I'm not so big on vampire movies; they seem to be cliche, from time to time. Plus, sometimes they can be such show offs (oh look I'm an undead, sexy demon who loves to wear dark clothing, sometimes leather, who needs to feed on the blood of beautiful people in order to keep myself beautiful).
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:You want a scary and gory vampire movie?

Eh. Seems like another waste of a good idea. All I learned from watching this trailer is that it's about vampires, it takes place in Alaska and/or Northern Canada, and there's no such thing as a vampire that doesn't have blood all over his mouth.

"I'm a badass vampire. Look, I've got blood all over my mouth. . . Umm. . . See? Right here, that's real blood. And it's on my mouth, see? That means I've been drinking blood. You got that right? Umm. . . Yeah, that's blood all over my mouth. And it came off of this guy's neck. See, he's got blood all around his neck. And it's on my mouth, so. . . If you haven't put two and two together yet, that means I'm a vampire. See, I've got blood on my mouth."

Not quite as painful as Reign in Darkness was to watch, but I think it'll be close. They only get kudos from me for throwing out that "no child fatalities" rule, but again, extra stress on the blood around the mouth. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:

Eh. Seems like another waste of a good idea. All I learned from watching this trailer is that it's about vampires, it takes place in Alaska and/or Northern Canada, and there's no such thing as a vampire that doesn't have blood all over his mouth.

"I'm a badass vampire. Look, I've got blood all over my mouth. . . Umm. . . See? Right here, that's real blood. And it's on my mouth, see? That means I've been drinking blood. You got that right? Umm. . . Yeah, that's blood all over my mouth. And it came off of this guy's neck. See, he's got blood all around his neck. And it's on my mouth, so. . . If you haven't put two and two together yet, that means I'm a vampire. See, I've got blood on my mouth."

Not quite as painful as Reign in Darkness was to watch, but I think it'll be close. They only get kudos from me for throwing out that "no child fatalities" rule, but again, extra stress on the blood around the mouth. :P

Them's messy suckin' vampires!!!

*hands them a napkin*
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Them's messy suckin' vampires!!!

*hands them a napkin*
*nods* Hard to be a poser when you can't afford the leather.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

KittyRose wrote:I'm not so big on vampire movies; they seem to be cliche, from time to time. Plus, sometimes they can be such show offs (oh look I'm an undead, sexy demon who loves to wear dark clothing, sometimes leather, who needs to feed on the blood of beautiful people in order to keep myself beautiful).
Indeed. Vampires also tend to be really arrogant character-wise, wich immediately destroys my interest for them.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Vampire movies

Post by chubhound »

Silverclaw wrote:Vamps are nowhere near as cool as werewolves, but I still like watching the ocassional vampire movie :D

-Near Dark
-From Dusk Till Dawn
-Bram Strokers Dracula(one made around '94)
-Fright Night
-Dracula(With Bela L.)

You?
Hmmmm..... Well, since you asked, here are some of mine. Also in no particular order. :-)

Near Dark
The Lost Boys
Dracula (With Frank Langella)
Interview with a Vampire
Blade (any of them)
Dracula 2000
My Best Friend Is A Vampire
Life is too serious to be taken too seriously
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Lot of vampire hatin' here :lol: :wink:

I almost forgot, Nosferatu was really frickin sweet too :) The silent movie one from Germany. 8)

I just watched 'Perfect Creature.' Not the best vampire movie ever, but it was pretty cool. Just released straight-to-dvd about a month ago. I rented it out thinking it would be a crappy B-movie(Got it for free) but I was impressed with it actually. Story couldof been better, and some of the action was a little wonky looking in places. But it has a very cool looking world set-up and backstory. Set in an alternative universe, with all this different tecnology from different time periods of human history(1890ish through 1960s, with furthur advanced genetic enginnering than we have today...very cool 8)
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

The only vampire movies I really liked were Blade, the original Dracula, and The Hamiltons.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Bram Stoker's Dracula an' Nosferatu are the best I've seen. From Dusk Till Dawn wasn't too bad either. Despite my usual lack of interest in anime/manga, I have ta say Hellsing is also pretty good.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Underworld
Underworld Evolution
Blade
Blade II
Blade III

Are the only films I own with vampires in them, however, I do not own them because they are vampire films, it is because they are entertaining action movies, and Underworld does have werewolves, kind of, more so in Evolution.

Van Helsing is another with both.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Morkulv wrote:'Interview with A Vampire' almost made me puke.
Good to know I'm not the only one who hated it...
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

IF HOLLYWOOD WOULD WANT TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE VAMPIRE or WEREWOLF or VAMPIRE/WEREWOLF or anything like that, THEN THEY MUST LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE LIKE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Underworld, GREAT MOVIE! It had action, strange mysterious, and was believable enough to stay out of the clouds. Watch that movie hollywood people....maybe you will get a braincell enough to make a good movie after that

2. Keep it between vampires and werewolves...would some of us want to see them get along once in awhile? HECK NO!

3. If your doing ANOTHER movie just about their war...sprouce it up a little! Add some side story to it!

4. Dont give vampires guns........it totally just makes the werewolves look bad....

5. ROMANCE? no....MYSTERY? yes.... ACTION/ADVENTURE YES!

6. Keep the story interesting....have strange twists and turns that no one saw coming and keep people on the edge of their seat trying to find out what happens next!

7. If you are going to make a sequel to whatever movie.....DO SOMETHING THAT SHOWS ANOTHER IS GOING TO HAPPEN! but by showing not to much and just a little to keep people interested and coming back to the movies

8. Make the movie a little strange and a little confusing so people will want to see it again to understand the movie! But make it to confusing and you shall plumite!

9. If you think of giving the job to the director who made THE HULK.....Please go kill yourself or destroy the movie! Also...for whoever wrote and directed The Master of Disguise.....do the same....exactly the same

and 10. This is what I want to see in a movie....so ask other people hollywood! The audience decides if its a good movie or not! NOT YOU!

This message was brought to from Woodland News in Dark Forest County....

thank you for the people who actually got that part...
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Am I the only one who doesnt like Bram Stoker's Dracula? I dont know why but the whole movie makes me laugh hysterically! Though yay for Tom Waits, the awesome musician who plays Reinfield!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

Warning...the clip you're about to see is rated R for blood and violence

A trailer will play 1st...then a clip from the film.

Official site.

http://www.30daysofnight.com/
That movie actually looks pretty good, in my opinion. I'll want to check out the graphic novel first, though. I love the artwork in them (hopefully it'll be as good as PoB).
I don't think I'll mind the movie much, but I know I'll be totally scared once winter starts rollin' around. :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Going to have to disagree with you on #2 Wolf4Life. That whole "blood war / natural enemies" thing is a cheap plot device. It was only a slight improvement in Underworld because you could actually trace back to an event in history when the war began, but it was still fairly shallow to have them be natural enemies because Victor broke Lucian's heart like that. :P

The best relationship between vampires and werewolves, I believe, would be one where they are critical of each other, but not actually "at war" in any way until later in the movie. In one of my many stories in development that I'll probably never finish, for example, the werewolves try to coexist peacefully, but after so many vampire youths go out and kill (and sometimes get killed) just for sport and the elders do nothing to restrain them, the werewolves gradually lose their patience and hunt down all of the "repeat offenders," including an heir apparent, which of course provokes a counterattack by the elder in question -- the werewolves and vampires start off as just tolerating each other, but after a series of events, they are at each other's throats just like in Underworld.

Underworld just sort of expected everyone to accept that they were natural enemies from the get go. At the very least, they should have hinted from the start that Victor and Lucian were both involved somehow.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

well thats what i kinda ment.........

WOW!!!!!! I really dont word things right!