A bunch of furries caught HIV?

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

A bunch of furries caught HIV?

Post by MattSullivan »

Don't know much about this story, but I heard rumors ( only rumors ) that a bunch of furry fans caught HIV at the last convention. Is this true?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Which convention? And how?
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Usually through exchange of bodily fluids and/or blood :P If it is true, it is a sad thing, but no more unusual than anyone else catching HIV, in my opinion. Remember to practice safe sex!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I dunno. Whatever the last big furry convention was.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Why spread rumors? Its not our business if someone got HIV. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

There are a lot of things that happened "at the last Furry Convention"...only the teller wasn't there in person; but rather heard it from someone else....
I've also heard that, at "...the last Furry convention..."
>There was a real Werewolf, passing as if in costume
>There was a big fight and the some of the Furries were bounced out
>There was a Suit Orgy in room something or other and a lot of Furries were ejected from the Con.
>The Con organizers banned the wearing Suits except for Judging and Competition.
>The in-house restaurant wouldn't serve suiters.
>A group of Fundie Christians caused enormous trouble for everyone.
>The organizers hadn't cleared the wearing of Suits with the hotel...
In short: Just about every story concievable "happened at the last Furry Con". Been to some. Nothing unusual happened. Everybody had a good time...but that isn't interesting.
Matt- I suspect you've been Conned (sorry about the pun).
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

>There was a Suit Orgy in room something or other and a lot of Furries were ejected from the Con.
That must have been when it happened!

^joking
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: A bunch of furries caught HIV?

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:Don't know much about this story, but I heard rumors ( only rumors ) that a bunch of furry fans caught HIV at the last convention. Is this true?
Read this.

http://www.crushyiffdestroy.com/frontpa ... &tb=1&pb=1
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I don't even want to think about this... :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That's why I said in my first post, these are RUMORS ONLY. And i didn't bring it up only to "spread rumors", I did it because this board is populated by a number of furry fans, and they ought to be informed in order so they may protect themselves. ( Just in case some of them intend on engaging in sexual behavior with other members of this fandom, WHICH, ( and you can deny this all you want ) goes on all the time.

Be safe guys, even if this isn't true.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I like that chart they made on how furrys are made. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

RedEye wrote: There was a real Werewolf, passing as if in costume
That there is the only one that caught my eye, but if there was a real werewolf people would know..Geez if you can tell real fur from a fursuit's fur you must be blind :P
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I've been to Anthrocon four years in a row now and havent gotten it on with other con-goers. Didnt even hear about that rumor till now :) I did hear about the 4chan protestors out front though. Wasnt outside when that happened.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
RedEye wrote: There was a real Werewolf, passing as if in costume
That there is the only one that caught my eye, but if there was a real werewolf people would know..Geez if you can tell real fur from a fursuit's fur you must be blind :P
Yeah, sorry, that was me :wink:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

I reject your sexuality and substitute my own

Post by Scott Gardener »

Ditto about rumors. Any bit of info passed around by entities known only by the pronoun "They" should be regarded with the deepest of suspicion. (King Diamond's "Them" album comes to mind. That, and giant ants.)

HIV is spread only by pretty close contact. If people did get it at a convention, it wasn't by casual glomping. (I scare myself knowing what that means.) The same rules of caution regarding bodily fluids applies in and out of fursuits. Sex with strangers is inherantly risky.

But, it takes about two to six weeks to seroconvert from exposure to having positive test results. Is the rumor about this Anthrocon? Did it start only a few days later? If so, it's pretty safe to dismiss it as an urban legend. Anyone got a kidney stolen in the process, or explode after mixing Pop Rocks and Pepsi?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Oh, what the f&@$...

Why do I keep looking at these topics...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the vast majority of furs here do not go around yiffing at cons. Image
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Re: I reject your sexuality and substitute my own

Post by Midnight »

Scott Gardener wrote:But, it takes about two to six weeks to seroconvert from exposure to having positive test results. Is the rumor about this Anthrocon? Did it start only a few days later? If so, it's pretty safe to dismiss it as an urban legend. Anyone got a kidney stolen in the process, or explode after mixing Pop Rocks and Pepsi?
Any reports of werewolves choking on burglars' fingers?

But yes, it looked very much like an "urban legend" to me... No mention of it on the Snopes web site when I first read it and haven't bothered to check again, but it's the usual story... a statement designed to play up to people's prejudices against a minority group, which was "heard" from an uncredited source, who themselves "heard", and so on and so forth...
Scott Gardener wrote:Any bit of info passed around by entities known only by the pronoun "They" should be regarded with the deepest of suspicion. (King Diamond's "Them" album comes to mind. That, and giant ants.)
I sincerely hope you are not including Van Morrison's old band in that particular blanket statement... :wink:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Rumors are such fun!
Unless they involve you-
or People that you know.
Then, it never happened-
even if it's the truth.
:wink:

BTW: Figarou: I liked the header illustration for the CrushYiffDestroy page. Exactly like I feel sometimes, when I come across such deliberately negative stuff.

As for the Werewolf bit; I heard it from an A-Kon goer, who heard it from a CostumeCon goer, who claimed to have heard it from...
Of course, no Were' would show up in Fur at a Con. They'd wear a Fur suit, lilke everyone else... :lol: :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

RedEye wrote: Of course, no Were' would show up in Fur at a Con. They'd wear a Fur suit, lilke everyone else... :lol: :wink:
Would've been quite hot in that suit, having fur while wearing fur at the same time.
Bundled up like an eskimo! Sorta...kinda... :?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Confusing... Whenever I hear the word 'were' I think of otherkin werewolves and therians.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:And i didn't bring it up only to "spread rumors", I did it because this board is populated by a number of furry fans, and they ought to be informed in order so they may protect themselves.
Bull. I wouldn't even call this a rumor -- more like another lame furrybashing story, the kind where the original author later comments on how baffled they are at how many people were dumb enough to believe it.

What is it with you Matt that you can't even mention the fandom in passing reference without somehow bringing up massive fursuit orgies? I can understand a little confusion here and there, but this is ridiculous!
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Have to agree with Terastas. Matt, you're a nice guy in person, but the furry-bashing is getting old. I didn't molest you at ren fair, did I? :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Figarou wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:Don't know much about this story, but I heard rumors ( only rumors ) that a bunch of furry fans caught HIV at the last convention. Is this true?
Read this.

http://www.crushyiffdestroy.com/frontpa ... &tb=1&pb=1
:lol:

I don't like furry stuff either, but that site really has a problem with them haha.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Morkulv wrote: I don't like furry stuff either, but that site really has a problem with them haha.
You DO realize that that website is mainly designed to poke fun at the REAL filth that hangs around the furry fandom (and s*** of the more gullible furries who'd rather brand them as devils than realize their true purpose), do you?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:
Morkulv wrote: I don't like furry stuff either, but that site really has a problem with them haha.
You DO realize that that website is mainly designed to poke fun at the REAL filth that hangs around the furry fandom (and s*** of the more gullible furries who'd rather brand them as devils than realize their true purpose), do you?
Or in this case, the filth they make up. Just because it's bashing furry doesn't mean it's true.