Dr Seuss' Horton hears a who

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Dr Seuss' Horton hears a who

Post by Figarou »

Ha!! This seems interesting. :D

http://www.hortonmovie.com/site/index.html

Let the page load and you'll see a trailer.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Ummm. . . Well. . . Err. . .
Well, at least it's not live action this time. That would've looked like total crap. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:Ummm. . . Well. . . Err. . .
Well, at least it's not live action this time. That would've looked like total crap. :P
At least its better than that crap eating Alvin and his whimpmunks.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I'm pretty tired of all of these Dr. Seuss movies, but this has Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell, how bad could it be? I probably won't see it, though.
Figarou wrote:Alvin and his whimpmunks.
OH SNAP!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:
Terastas wrote:Ummm. . . Well. . . Err. . .
At least its better than that crap eating Alvin and his whimpmunks.
*nods* Yeah, I was thinking of that too. To me, this is yet another sign of Hollywood's continued lack of originality. It just isn't the worst sign I've seen thus far.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Say no to jim Carrey :}
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I saw the trailer when I went to see The Simpson last week.
I thought it was okay but I was thinking that they should've made it 2-D instead of 3-D; to give it more of a, what's the word, Suess-like movie (if anybody knows what I'm talking about)
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

They already did it in Seuss-like 2D back in 1970, though.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I'm just saying that it doesn't really look as great in 3D as it would in 2D but that's just my opinion.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:*nods* Yeah, I was thinking of that too. To me, this is yet another sign of Hollywood's continued lack of originality. It just isn't the worst sign I've seen thus far.

Its hard to have "originality" when all of the ideas has been used up.
Or has it?

I know there are 100s...maybe 1000s of writers out there that has stories that could end up being a good movie. Then there a stories thats already out that you like to see as a movie.

I do know this. We as adults are seeing stuff from our past made into a movie. But what about today's children? I think a bunch of them has never heard of what we used to see in the past because its no longer being shown. What's old to us is new to them. Thats probably Hollywood thinking right there.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:Its hard to have "originality" when all of the ideas has been used up.
Or has it?
It hasn't. Even stories that use old ideas can be done in an original way. Unfortunately, this is not how Hollywood wants to work. They want to take what worked before and do it again in exactly the same way. Or sometimes dumbed down (The Wicker Man... why couldn't they have left that one alone...).
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

There is always plenty of creativity out there, but creative and original costs more. Remakes, on the other hand, are cheap, generic, and will attract an audience no matter how absolutely crap it turns out to be.

It's a result of Hollywood functioning like a business instead of an artistic forefront. They think Americans are too dumb to tell the difference between top sirloin, ground chunk and dog s***, so they predominantly produce what's cheapest (and guess what that is).
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I have trouble understanding how they're going to make a two hour movie out of this. ??
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MoonKit wrote:I have trouble understanding how they're going to make a two hour movie out of this. ??
They did it before. On one hand, there was Horton trying to convince all the other animals that there was a whole world in that tiny dust speck and keep it away from the ones that wanted to get rid of it (to stop him obsessing over it I guess), and on the other hand you had the Professor Whosis trying to convince everyone they were just this tiny dust speck and to "make some noise" so their presence would be known.

I grew up watching a 2D animated version of this, and they did manage to stretch it out longer than you'd think would be possible that way. I still think this is going to be crap though, even compared to 80s standards.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Terastas wrote:
MoonKit wrote:I have trouble understanding how they're going to make a two hour movie out of this. ??
They did it before. On one hand, there was Horton trying to convince all the other animals that there was a whole world in that tiny dust speck and keep it away from the ones that wanted to get rid of it (to stop him obsessing over it I guess), and on the other hand you had the Professor Whosis trying to convince everyone they were just this tiny dust speck and to "make some noise" so their presence would be known.

I grew up watching a 2D animated version of this, and they did manage to stretch it out longer than you'd think would be possible that way. I still think this is going to be crap though, even compared to 80s standards.
I do like the concept behind it. "Hey buddy! Open your eyes! Theres more to this world then you think!" And how nobody listens. But hey, Dr. Suess is just cool.

"I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees." :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote:

It was only half an hour before.
-Jack Handey
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

after seeing THIS trailer, I'm definitely going to see it!! :D

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/hortonhearsawho/

Make sure you watch the "Trailer"... Not the "Teaser Trailer."