Bioshock =D

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Bioshock =D

Post by wolfman1991 »

Only 7 days till the release of Bioshock now and i have recently just played the demo for the game that i downloaded on xbox live marketplace. 2 words....Holy crap. The demo is only a tincy wincy little micropercentage of the entire game (which is much longer than most First Person shooters) and it was fun as hell. The controls were great, the graphics are phenomenal, and the eerie atmosphere of the underwater city of Rapture will have ur spine tingling. I cant wait till it releases ^.^ have limited edition version preordered :D .

Demo info!
-includes very beginning of game up until the medical pavillion
-2 plasmids(genetic modifiers)= Electo-bolt and Incinerate
-2 guns= Pistol and machine gun
-2 recorded diary entrees from citizens of Rapture
-fighting with a few of Rapture's genetically mutated citizens
-10-15 minutes you wont soon forget :wink:

Feel free to say what you think about the game and for more info you can play the demo yourself or check out http://www.bioshockgame.com
This game will also be available on PC. Not sure if theres a PC demo though. You can look for it :P
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

Bioshock is going to be great I loved systemshock 2, thoguh I never played the first one. and I just loves the system for it and how you get abilitis and such. Can't wait for it to come out for PC. going to be so much fun. :D
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

what the heck is bioshock??
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:google:

And on top of that theirs a link up on top.

Cmon enough of that laziness.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

well im lazy and happy about it...
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Wulfur wrote:Bioshock is going to be great I loved systemshock 2, thoguh I never played the first one. and I just loves the system for it and how you get abilitis and such. Can't wait for it to come out for PC. going to be so much fun. :D
Another proof that nobody here reads my posts. BioShock isn't a sequel to System Shock 2! They said so in a interview, so its not gonna have anything to do with it.

Lucky for me though, because I thought the System Shock games were plain boring.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

lol, I never said it was a sequel or anything. I was saying that I liked the previous games that some of the people working on bioshock did, that had about the same type of game play.
Which happens to be the systemshock seires. As they had said bioshock is to of borrowed alot of the stuff that system shock2 had such as, the ability's and play style.

You never liked system shock2? I thought it was fun if you went for the psyoinic build.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I downloaded the demo from XBox Live yesterday, and it is really impressive. Great atmospheric graphics (probably the best on XBox 360), and fine gameplay as well.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Just played through the PC-demo today. It looks cool but I must say I liked the XBox-version better somehow.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

How could your PC handle it? I thought yours sucked. :?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i got it today for my Xbox

It's pretty good so far. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I'll need to get it... s***, so many games I need to get... Anyway, the demo was incredible. I love that it's a period piece, I love the graphics (I love the graphics very much. The reflections on the textures was incredible, and the textures themselves were very smooth, with few pixelated exceptions), and the story seems pretty awesome. I like how they did the cutscenes, it reminds me a lot of Far Cry and Half-Life. More Far Cry, though.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

It looks awesome. And what other game could base it's story on a look at objectivism (Just think Rapture=that city from atlas shrugged)

I hate objectivism and an unrestrained free market, because it's so callous and cruel to other human beings and it's wrong (They say everything would get better when an unrestrained free market comes to fruition, but that happened in the Gilded age and it was a s**thole.
XIV
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moonlit Hunt

Post by TobiasTheReaper »

I've been anticipating the launch of this game ever since it was on the cover of Game Informer. I've seen several of the trailers and heard nothing but absolute awesomeness. It looks like one of the best original games that has come out in a long time. Another goody coming out is Assassin's Creed. That's going to be pure genius.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

wolf4life wrote:well im lazy and happy about it...
If you can manage to type 34 characters in this spaces and click "Submit", you can type in "Bioshock" on Google, click "Search", and do some reading. Not that hard.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

i never said it was hard....never said I didnt either....but also never said i remember or actually read it either....

yea chew on that while i chew on the sandwhich

TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:i never said it was hard....never said I didnt either....but also never said i remember or actually read it either....

yea chew on that while i chew on the sandwhich
Just google it, it's a lot less stress on your part and the people who's reading your posts.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

people dont have to read my posts and techniqually...if i was any calmer...i would be dead

TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:people dont have to read my posts and techniqually...if i was any calmer...i would be dead
Don't die.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

well you say i got stress and i say if i was any calmer i would be dead...

what do you want from me!

TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary

wolf4life wrote:well you say i got stress and i say if i was any calmer i would be dead...

what do you want from me!
Take it easy. I don't want anything from you. You didn't even have to reply, I had no problem with your prior message.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

hehe...

as most people know im only yelling when i put at least 3 !!! :P i wasnt yelling and im still calm as a dead person :lol:

geez....lol...i didnt think you would talk me all that seriously

Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

wolf4life wrote:hehe...

as most people know im only yelling when i put at least 3 !!! :P i wasnt yelling and im still calm as a dead person :lol:

geez....lol...i didnt think you would talk me all that seriously
How can you expect us to know that, we don't even know you, and over half the people here probably don't either. :roll:
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

thats for me to know and for no one else to find out...except the ones who already know...

talk about your straight answer right? :P