Human-form telltale signs?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Human-form telltale signs?

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:good idea Terastas but i would add elevated body temperature too your list and i think there would be a telltale signs but it could be mistaken example:
pronouced canines and body temperature are signs that i think WW will have in human form , but body temperature could be youst fever, but for canines some people have them so you cant tell hes werewolf.
Possibly, though I didn't think to add that one because I didn't think of it as something that could be outwardly observable. If we're assuming the person looking for werewolves doesn't want anyone to know they're looking for werewolves, walking up to a suspect and feeling their forehead wouldn't be an option.

ok,meybe WWs would have reaction(partialy shifting or completly shift into his WW form) on some substances found in some plants, but they need to come into direct contact with that substance.

On outside WW should be loking very close to normal human its inside where diffrence is shown difrent DNA and blood, but normal human or rookie hunter wont have equipment necesery to do it, so even if WWs go public they couldnt be bullied because bully wont be able to tell the diffrance between human and WW
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:ok,meybe WWs would have reaction(partialy shifting or completly shift into his WW form) on some substances found in some plants, but they need to come into direct contact with that substance.
I think something forcing them to shift wouldn't be a "telltale sign" that someone is a werewolf. I think that would be full-blown confirmation.

Though if you're falling back onto the old witchcraft-based lycanthropy, you could consider the presence of those plants to be a possible sign. The plants most commonly associated with werewolves, Aconitum (AKA: Wolf's bane) and belladonna (AKA: Deadly Nightshade) are two of the most deadly poisons known to man, so anybody that has them should also have a damn good excuse to go with them.
On outside WW should be loking very close to normal human its inside where diffrence is shown difrent DNA and blood, but normal human or rookie hunter wont have equipment necesery to do it
DNA actually doesn't need to enter into this. Just because a werewolf looks like a different species doesn't mean it actually is one.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:ok,meybe WWs would have reaction(partialy shifting or completly shift into his WW form) on some substances found in some plants, but they need to come into direct contact with that substance.
I think something forcing them to shift wouldn't be a "telltale sign" that someone is a werewolf. I think that would be full-blown confirmation.
actualy forcing WW to shift is telltale sing youst a little more agresive than others and without posibility of error,and i agree it would be full-blown confirmation.

if WW would really react on some substance they come in contact with it you can fill crop dusting plane with substance if its in liquid state and go flying over town while your friends are in town watching if there is any WW in town.

there is no other way to know who is WW because there isnt any sign that would specificly indicate that hes a WW. Terastas your first three signs in my opinion are only shown up too 12hours after reverting into human form.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:if WW would really react on some substance they come in contact with it you can fill crop dusting plane with substance if its in liquid state and go flying over town while your friends are in town watching if there is any WW in town.
And kill everything else in the process.

Unless there's some kind of deus ex machina plant that ONLY causes werewolves to shift, but even if there were such a thing, what are the chances that the werewolves would be anywhere even remotely near to wherever that stuff can grow? Only they would know why it's special, and only they would understand why somebody would want to load it into a crop duster and spray the whole neighborhood with it.

Seriously, did you think about A) what that would cost, or B) how the rest of the community would respond to someone doing that?
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

A) what that would cost?
question is what substance would couse this reaction then you can talk money

B) how the rest of the community would respond to someone doing that?
i did think beside community would be dealing with revalation of WWs, if they were among them, if not you go in jail for about 5 years or more and lose your flight licence.

what are the chances that the werewolves would be anywhere even remotely near to wherever that stuff can grow?

you can order it you know stuff can be shiped from europe to america and otherway around,beside bananas dont grow in slovenia and i still can buy them:)
Kaged Tiger
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Poetry in Motion

Post by Kaged Tiger »

I always kind of liked the yellow eyes in all forms, but I've come to realize that that would be too much of a giveaway. Of course, color contacts solve that problem... I really don't know what to think.
Sometimes you howl because only the moon will listen.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Kaged Tiger wrote:I always kind of liked the yellow eyes in all forms, but I've come to realize that that would be too much of a giveaway. Of course, color contacts solve that problem... I really don't know what to think.
actually you can say you were born with them if you are meeting new person, but if your eyes start changing after you were bitten wouldnt rise too much suspicion between friends if eyes change gradually,but hunters will suspect you and other people will look at you because yellow eyes arent exacly normal eye color.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Kaged Tiger wrote:I always kind of liked the yellow eyes in all forms, but I've come to realize that that would be too much of a giveaway. Of course, color contacts solve that problem... I really don't know what to think.
If you agree with my first point about werewolves bleeding easily (or at least easier), yellow eyes would be a result of subconjunctival hemorrhaging.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

I got another theory:
If there isnt much telltale signs like tail,eyes,teeths,.. there is one thing hunters may look for and that is behavior if you start isolating yourself from other normal people and also reducing your concern for outward appearance, this could give a hunter warning signal and if in that town has more people displaying similar behavior hunter may go investigating if they are just humans with social problems or werewolfs.