Felidae

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Felidae

Post by Silverclaw »

Interesting animated movie from Germany. About kitty cats too :D VERY hard to find!Here is the dubbed version in all its glory on youtube! (I'm on Part 5, will finish it tommorow when I have access to high speed internet) Based off the book of the same name.

WARNING-This is most likely rated R. Launguage, graphic violence. The dream sequence in part 4 is especially disturbing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dqZwCxk_vk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GknxoWVZ7uA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkdNZgOK6SQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJFzBEPrSHQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_AE3IxpNgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKWnLhMSur4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6b8yQpnfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-pr1S89JmU
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

ya I gotta agree..It seemed too rushed :P
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but it appears interesting As for the loose ends, apparently it is based on th first book of a series, so that might be why. Interestingly, it is written by a Turkish guy.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I've seen this on YouTube and I liked it. There's a lot of meaning and themes to it about evolution and what it means to be the perfect breed. It's sort of in the same category as Watership Down but it's not for little kids (there's a sex scene that looks like something the Discovery channel can show). Plus there's kitties :D ; gotta love felines. I really want to read the book but I can only find the German version, not an English one.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Well I didnt expect it to be animated but its interesting all right. I just cant watch it all now. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Z wrote:watched it, but the ending gave me a feeling of alot of loose ends
According to Wikipedia, there were five in the series, but I think it ended well enough. It was implied that Claudandus was the only one that wanted the original Felidae recreated, and even that some of the pre-Felidae themselves were opposed to it, so with nobody dictating who they may pair up with anymore, it's more or less over.

The only plot holes they didn't really tie up were, in my opinion, the cheap plot devices thrown in just so there could be a sequel (Claudandus's regeneration, for example).

All in all, not bad, especially for a toon from the 90s. I wish more animators had this kind of balls. Curse Disney for brainwashing everyone into thinking cartoons can only be for kids (really, do they think it's the bad lip movement that makes anime so popular?).
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I watched this as a kid! :D Nice find!

I'm definately not a big cat lover though, but the disturbing-scenes were done good.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

That was an intresting movie. I thoguht it was good, but did seem to get rushed near the end.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Wow. Someone reallyl ikes cat sex enough to ANIMATE IT!

*whoa*
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Morkluv, you watched that as a kid? @_@ Man... Definately not something that I would let a kid watch. Not questioning your or your guardians' judgement. Just MHO.

It was well done, but I found it more disturbing than any American made horror movies I've seen... I guess it's mostly the strange juxtaposition of Disney style animation with so much gore, profanity and sex. That and I don't do well seeing my kin tortured. :(
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

PariahPoet wrote:Morkluv, you watched that as a kid? @_@ Man... Definately not something that I would let a kid watch. Not questioning your or your guardians' judgement. Just MHO.

It was well done, but I found it more disturbing than any American made horror movies I've seen... I guess it's mostly the strange juxtaposition of Disney style animation with so much gore, profanity and sex. That and I don't do well seeing my kin tortured. :(
Yea that was pretty violent an gory..If cats claws are that sharp.. :shudder: But there was a hard lesson in there too..I would have preferred less gore with this..It had me thinkin Disney when it started, but yea I liked it for the most part, tho I did figure out who the killer was from early on :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

PariahPoet wrote:Morkluv, you watched that as a kid? @_@ Man... Definately not something that I would let a kid watch. Not questioning your or your guardians' judgement. Just MHO.
I saw Akira for the first time when I was seven, and no, it didn't bother me much. Kids on average are much smarter than their parents give them credit for.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Oh it's not a matter of intelligence. I guess I just thought it odd because a movie like that would have had me upset for weeks as a kid. I was almost pathologically sensitive back then though I guess...
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

OK I just watched it and I have to say....holy crap. The ending was rushed I agree...and how the hell did he do that in the end? Is that even possible? (the final killing) Freaky cat movie is all I have to say o_o;;;;
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Well, to be honest none of us expected this movie to be as gory as it is but when the 'adult' stuff kicked in my mom and dad just said "aah lets just watch it, you know its fake anyway". :P I can't quite remember if it was the German or the English version I saw...

I also saw Fire and Ice and Watership Down at kinda the same age, wich also aren't very child-friendly movies. But somehow as a kid it changes your attitude towards R-rated movies and shows, and you realize its all fiction and you accept it instead of being scared of it and skipping it all the time.

But to tell the truth, I never was much of a cat-lover anyway. :P Without being totally sadistic or something...

:D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

BlackWolfDS wrote:and how the hell did he do that in the end? Is that even possible? (the final killing) Freaky cat movie is all I have to say o_o;;;;
I doubt it. It wouldn't surprise me if it said he did that in the book, but I don't think the author meant it literally.

Still, cats don't talk, read, or give a crap either, so what the heck?
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

BlackWolfDS wrote:Is that even possible? (the final killing) Freaky cat movie is all I have to say o_o;;;;
Maybe if they had razer sharp metal claws.

Still, cats don't talk, read, or give a crap either, so what the heck?
Cats care if someone cares about them, sometimes first.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

It's not so much a matter of how sharp as it is how long the claws are. You'd be surprised how deep the skin goes, and after that there's a layer of muscle, and a housecat's claws just aren't long enough to get through all that in a single swipe.

I think the most disturbing part of the whole movie was the pregnant cat whose un-born babies were torn out in the grass... :cry:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Personally, I thought the characters seemed a little too life-less to really care about. Just look at the main-character for instance... He didn't possibly make more then 3 expressions in the entire movie.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Well, yeah, the main characters had very little depth.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

It's not so much a matter of how sharp as it is how long the claws are. You'd be surprised how deep the skin goes, and after that there's a layer of muscle, and a housecat's claws just aren't long enough to get through all that in a single swipe.
Not even close enough to do such damage.

So, give them long razer sharp metal claws and then maybe.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Guys, its a CARTOON!

:P
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Morkulv wrote:Guys, its a CARTOON!

:P

It is my job to over analyze films and television.

(Which does not stop me from enjoying films where impossible things occur.)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Does it make a good living? :)
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I have yet to receive a check.