Slipping Under the Shadows

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Caine
Legendary
Legendary

Slipping Under the Shadows

Post by Caine »

Hi, my name is Caine and I'm new here. I've known about this place for a little while and even had an account, but I never did anything with it. Mostly, I'm one of those AlphaLuna forum goers/readers, so this place will be a bit of a change of pace.

I assume that the increased population of this forum might lend itself to more lively discussion than on AlphaLuna's and I would venture a guess that this is a good thing.

About myself? I'm a college student studying political science and history. I also am into choral arts. An interesting fact? My grandparents, who live in northern Florida, take care of the abandoned wolf-dog hybrids that are unwanted by people. They take care of four 3/4 wolves and about 25 hybrids that are less than that. Staying at there house at night is an amazing experience. You will never hear howls that close to your door and feel truly safe (though the hybrids are actually quite enjoyable when they are let into the yard!)

Anyway... I'm looking forward to hanging around here! I do a lot of writing and maybe with an increased readership I could get some more feedback! I would like that very much...
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Hi there and welcome to The Pack! I'm a writer myself and it's good to see others with a love for literature. Hope to see some of your stuff soon and I hope you enjoy the forums :D
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Welcome to the forums.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

....actually there's not really an increase in population.....per se.... not as much as there is an increase in non-lurkers..... :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Hello and Welcome, good to see that AL forum members are coming to this place.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

.....god this is just terrible there are noobs welcoming noobs

I'am not sure I can take much more of this...... :evil:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Fenrir wrote:.....god this is just terrible there are noobs welcoming noobs

I'am not sure I can take much more of this...... :evil:
The long time members could be here at any moment.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

to quote queen Victoria......

"I'am not amused"

-Satyricon
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

At least within the next day or two, based on other introduction topics.
(Seriously)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

what defines a long time member?

-Satyricon
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I cannot say for sure.

Members that have been here at least a couple years?
(Unless they have never said a word.)

When I say long term members, I have a few posters in mind, mostly those who have been here for a couple years or so and have said much over that time.

Any ideas?
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

well I remember a lot of members you probably have never heard of.....so ya I got some ideas...... lol it's sorta like a you must be this tall to ride this ride sorta thing.

-Satyricon
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I may have heard of them, I have read a lot of topics over the last fifteen months.
There really is no set guide for what makes a long term member (other then joining some time ago.) And there are many people that have never posted, technically they are long time members, yet, not really as they have never spoken.

It was always just a thought when seeing members that have been here within the first six months to a year since this board was formed.
Silver Predator Wolf
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Le plus innocent votre sourire, le plus sauvage mon amour pour vous.

Post by Silver Predator Wolf »

Welcome Caine! Good to see that you are still with us :D
A healthy woman is much like a wolf: Both social creatures, longing for pack mates, intelligent, communicative, wild, gentle, playful, capable of great strength, fiercely loyal, territorial, and beautiful.
Caine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Caine »

I don't really know what I considered myself to be at AL... I had been registered a long time and made occasional posts, certainly more than a year, but I wasn't overly active. I come and go as my schedule dictates... but I like this community so far. The topics are intelligent and the people are quite friendly.

I guess I'm just going to have to wrack up some posts so I don't seem like a lurker... maybe post some of my "unusual fiction" as Leo dubbed it (I really don't know what's so unusual about it! Someone enlighten me!). We'll see. But no, just because I don't post for a while, it doesn't mean I'm gone.

Mostly... I vanishbecause I'm in the presence of people who would consider my interest in werewolves to be immoral or unacceptable. Don't ask me why that is, it just is (though, that would make an interesting discussion, wouldn't it?). When you have a picture of a wolf for your desktop background and someone comes in your room and says "yo, dude! Are you like... one of those guys who's like... really into wolves? Like the rednecks and their shirts (I'm from a coastal California town and about as far from "Redneck" as you can get). You kinda have to step back and question what exactly is going on. Not question yourself, but to question why it's unacceptable to display an animal you find both beautiful and mysterious.

The above wasn't a very well thought out statement, I suppose, but it gets my point across.

Anyway, here's to a new forum!
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:welcome: I hope you like it here Caine!!! :howl:  :oo
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

When you have a picture of a wolf for your desktop background and someone comes in your room and says "yo, dude! Are you like... one of those guys who's like... really into wolves? Like the rednecks and their shirts (I'm from a coastal California town and about as far from "Redneck" as you can get). You kinda have to step back and question what exactly is going on. Not question yourself, but to question why it's unacceptable to display an animal you find both beautiful and mysterious.
I would have never thought someone would find it odd to have an animal as a deck top wallpaper, most my wallpapers are either nature, an animal, or animals in nature.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

:welcome: Caine....Fullmoonstar here...nice to have you with us^^
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.