Films, Television, Video games etc..., with disliked endings

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Films, Television, Video games etc..., with disliked endings

Post by Xiroteus »

Have you had films that were going along fine until the end?

What can happen in a film that would make you avoid it?

What type of endings you you dislike.

I am not thinking about bad movies.
It can be an okay, to good or even great film until something happens that would make you not want to view it again.
Last edited by Xiroteus on Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

CONTACT. Worst...movie....ending...ever.

Just as they said in SOUTH PARK, "I waited through the entire movie to see the alien and it was her goddamn father!"
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

The Matrix Revolutions

My god i hated that ending! I wanted to see and all out war between man and machine! Not day of the smithids!
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Jacob's Ladder. "Nope. None of that was real. I was deliberately wasting your time. Bye."
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

The Sopranos. No, not a movie, but probobly one of the worst endings the planet has ever seen, second only to Halo 2 and the X-Files TV show. Honestly, I haven't seen too many movies with a bad ending.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Main characters dying is a good way to disrupt a film, at least for me, it does depend on who, why, what they were doing.
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

I think you should add in ending are allowed for anything.
Like, videogames, TV shows, ect.

If so:
Wolf's Rain. The ending made me "Lol"

As for movies,
Metropolis and Princess Mononoke.

Metropolis had Tima's pointless demise...

Princess Mononoke, The main character, Ashitaka I think his name was, tried the whole movie to get a wolf girl name San to be with him
And in the end, she liked him, but decided to stay in the woods.
Lamer.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I think you should add in ending are allowed for anything.
Done, it can be for any type of media.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Were Dono wrote: Princess Mononoke, The main character, Ashitaka I think his name was, tried the whole movie to get a wolf girl name San to be with him
And in the end, she liked him, but decided to stay in the woods.
I was thinking of mentioning Princess Mononoke too, but for different reasons. The guardian of the forest and everyone in the forest except for San and her two wolf brothers died and the two major orchestrators of said destruction, Lady Eboshi and Jigo, both lived on with strong senses of optimism for the future. The moral is that it's good to be bad.

My favorite character, Moro, also died in a way that felt very tacked on.

A TV series I'd like to nominate is Seinfeld. What were they thinking ending a series that long with a clip show?!
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Seinfeld didn't have a clipshow for a last episode, it had a clipshow for it's third to last and fourth to last episodes. It's last and second to last episodes involved him getting his TV pilot approved years after he originally shot it, and then his plane has to stop early because it malfunctioned. While stopped, they are put on trial for not helping a guy who got mugged, a lot of cameos are shown, and they go to jail. Jerry does stand up in prison. The end.

Still sucked compared to the rest, but it wasn't a clipshow at least. It at least kept to the pessimistic tone of the rest of the series.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Hate the end of Wolfs Rain. Hate it, HATE IT. It should have ended when Kiba was in the mountains with the caracal girl where it was initially implied that he found paradise. Nope, can't have a pleasant ending, they had to all die and come back in that miserable, disgusting city as stupid humans. That's not paradise, that's Hell.

I didn't like the end of Blood, the Last Vampire either. I felt cheated. There should have been more to it, it just seemed like an episode.

Finally- I just want there the BE and end to 12 Kingdoms. I was depressed for a week when I heard that it was never going to be finished. So sad that the guy passed away in the middle of such a great project. :(
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I hated the ending to that Evangelion anime. I hope the Evangelion movie that came out in Japan on 9/1/07 will be better.
-Kaebora
Silver Predator Wolf
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Le plus innocent votre sourire, le plus sauvage mon amour pour vous.

Post by Silver Predator Wolf »

Virus. My god... when I saw the ending I was like WTF?!
A healthy woman is much like a wolf: Both social creatures, longing for pack mates, intelligent, communicative, wild, gentle, playful, capable of great strength, fiercely loyal, territorial, and beautiful.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:While stopped, they are put on trial for not helping a guy who got mugged, a lot of cameos are shown, and they go to jail. Jerry does stand up in prison. The end.
Yeah, a clip show. Everyone that testified got their own flashback to a previous episode.

One game I'd like to nominate is Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. Now I know the endings were brief in that one because they accounted for four different possible outcomes, but after rescuing President Kim, detonating the missiles and capturing General Song, I expected to see more than I did.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Were Dono wrote:I think you should add in ending are allowed for anything.
Like, videogames, TV shows, ect.

If so:
Wolf's Rain. The ending made me "Lol"
I still have to see it to the end, but I thought the only negative things were the re-run episodes (WTF?!) and the story getting a little bit too much DragonBall Z-ish from time to time.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Absolute Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Absolute Wolf »

Hm...Probably Wolf's Rain.I expected a bit of an else ending.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Another movie I thought of: M. Night Shyamalan's Signs. All that buildup just for the day to be saved by two convenient plot devices. :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Kaebora wrote:I hated the ending to that Evangelion anime. I hope the Evangelion movie that came out in Japan on 9/1/07 will be better.
Alot of people complained about the ending for Evangelion. As a result they released a movie in order to please the fans for a better ending. I heard everyone was very pleased about it.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Premonition had a stupid ending....then again, that whole movie was retarded crap :P

Wolf's Rain spoilers:

Yeah, I wouldof liked it more if you didn't find out them searching for paradise was all pointless. World ends, begins again, have to start the cycle over and over again....If it is a cycle, maybe have them reincarnated as wolves again living in a better world then the last one...

edit: then again, at the very end, at least it looked like the city they were in was a little nicer than the ones they used to go in...less grimy and falling apart. Not sure if that is supposed to be modern day they are now in...maybe with each time they complete their journey, the world gets a little better each time...I dunno :P
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Premonition had a stupid ending....then again, that whole movie was retarded crap Razz
That was not the ending I was looking for, I prefer the happy ever after ending before that ending.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Kaebora wrote:The Sopranos. No, not a movie, but probobly one of the worst endings the planet has ever seen, second only to Halo 2 and the X-Files TV show. Honestly, I haven't seen too many movies with a bad ending.
I've already expressed my feelings on the Sopranos ending, an' why I can never listen to Journey ever again.

An' if ya want a really, REALLY bad ending, go watch Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

That wasn't all that bad a cliffhanger ending. It showed what his actions did to the timeline permenantly.
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

The ending to Halo 2...

That cliff hanger pissed me off to no end!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

How did the Halo2 ending pissed everyone off so bad. I didnt think it was that bad of a cliff hanger. what I hate is cliff hangers that leave off in parts where you cant even make predictions of whats gonna happen next. Atleast in Halo2 you did, he said so himself "Im finishing the fight"
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

MattSullivan wrote:CONTACT. Worst...movie....ending...ever.

Just as they said in SOUTH PARK, "I waited through the entire movie to see the alien and it was her goddamn father!"
THANK YOU! Finally someone says that!

The ending for Premonition was also total crap.

To paraphrase- "OMG ITS A SEMI! START THE CAR, START THE CAR! *Splat!*"

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill