I have a problem.

The place for anything at all...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

I have a problem.

Post by Dreamer »

I have a problem. I have a comic idea I want to write an outline, and then presumeably some scripts for. But I'm stuck on something. And I'm trying to get some people to help me. But nobody heps me because my requests for help have to be (or at least are posted in the category of) in a section that nobody reads (The "Creative Writing (Non-Were related)" section). So i have a question...

How can I get help if my requests for it fall under a section that nobody reads?
XIV
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Find a forum that specializes in writing as a whole and post it there. I'm not saying leave, but finding a forum that is writing-oriented to post at in addition to this one may help you out with your story.

Hope that helps.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Caine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Caine »

Or you could just PM one of us writing fools and maybe we would help you that way and forgo the public forum for a while! Many options there are!
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

What ravaged_warrior said. Find a forum/community that focuses on writing and such. But don't leave us.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I think the reason nobody was helping... is because we're used to writers coming up with their own ideas, like they have for centuries. I'm not even comfortable with giving other people my own ideas. I might want to use them. It would just be best if you work your way through the writers block like the rest of us. It's frustrating indeed, but it's the only way to become a real writer. I haven't heard of any successful story writers posting for help creating their masterpieces.

Plus, if you come up with the solution to the story problem on a forum, it ruins the suprise... thus defeating the purpose of reading it later.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Dreamer, I vaguely recall helping out in the beginning of your worldbuilding process... for me personally I felt I didn't have the time. Over in my forums we have a couple of writers (but we're not focused ON writing), that may get a kick out of helping you out. At least, it'll give them a target other than me to chew on...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook