The worst game(s) you have ever played.

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Re: The worst game(s) you have ever played.

Post by IndianaJones »

Runescape is for losers and kids who have no life or nothing to do at home.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

IndianaJones wrote:Runescape is for losers and kids who have no life or nothing to do at home.
This forum is for losers and kids who have no life or nothing to do at home.

:roll:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Actually, Runescape is for losers. Literally. The whole point of the game, I am told, is basically just to get a higher level character with only the most dull and basic "quests" to keep it held up, and the game persists because there are countless little kids with weekly allowances that start off playing the game because they dream of having a high level character they can brag about, and keep playing the game because they don't want to lose the high level characters they spent all that time building up.

Remember how I mentioned once that, when "n00b" gamers fail to reach a caliber they can brag at with popular online games likeHalo and World of Warcraft, they sometimes latch onto a lesser game which they will adamantly insist is better than said popular titles? Runescape is one of those lesser games they often retreat to.

Still, my vote remains for Activision Tycoon games. You can at least find out that Runescape is a total piece o' crap during their free trial period, right? All sales with Activision are final.
O Pianista
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Malkavian Prince

Post by O Pianista »

"outwarddoodles" everyone is a looser... everyone is crazy... everyone is small rock on the sand... Since why talking about werewolves isn't retard?

What I mean is they have no life as we do... actually we are spending our life how we like... What is good to a person isn't the same to another... I agree Runescape sucks... but they think the same about us...

Post by outwarddoodles »

What I meant to convey with my post, was that even though the game Runescape sucks, it was totally unnecessary to say that the people who play Runescape are 'losers with no life.'

There's people out there who are going to say we're losers with no life because we chat about werewolves all day -- that's their opinion. This is a game discussion, not a people discussion.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:What I meant to convey with my post, was that even though the game Runescape sucks, it was totally unnecessary to say that the people who play Runescape are 'losers with no life.'

There's people out there who are going to say we're losers with no life because we chat about werewolves all day -- that's their opinion. This is a game discussion, not a people discussion.
There are also people who insist that people who don't play Runescape are "losers with no life." In fact, you'd be surprised how many there are.

If someone actually does think Runescape is a decent game, OK, more power to them. In my own personal experiences with virtually every Runescape player I've ever met, however, the game is basically just something they use to put themselves on a pedestal above everyone else. They have their own little hierarchy which goes according to level; high-level players chew out everyone at a lower level and they all look down on everyone that doesn't play the game at all.

Granted, you find that kind of behavior in other level-based games like World of Warcraft too, but not nearly as much as in Runescape. Usually World of Warcraft players that reach the top level just find other ways to keep themselves amused (make a new character, explore, get exalted with another race, make a funny movie and put it on Youtube, etc). I've yet to meet a Runescape player who does anything but keep working on their character whilst chewing others out for not doing the same.

Usually I wouldn't be quick to call someone a loser just because they have certain interests (being a furry, that'd make me a hypocrite), but I make exception for the people that think me a loser because I don't share the same interests.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Never, ever had that problem with Runescape players before. No one has called me a loser for disliking the game Runescape anymore than I've been called a loser for not being a fan of online Halo or disliking ketchup. Sorry.

:\
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

Don't be egoistic people or you will get what you wish for.

Just a Username
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Weredingo

Post by Just a Username »

A lot of people have never played Atari ET but agree it is the worst game of all time, I have first hand experience in playing that game and it was both horrible and terrible. Since I somehow never seen the movie I'm going to use my imagination to assume what is going on.

The goal of the game the game is to find three pieces of a phone and "call home". These pits are annoying to get out of not because there is a challenge, considering you to but there is a random chance of you falling back in the pit you just fell in. You also lose health whenever you fall into a pit, heck, you lose it when you change screen, I think losing health for every step was enough. You can gain health by finding candy, although why you want to extend your torture? When you die you may start cheering, until flower boy comes around in revives you. Stay away from the flowers in the pits, they will give the boy more attempts to revive you. There are also 2 people who have nothing better to do than ruin you quest, a yellow coated man who steals your telephone pieces and a doctor who puts you in a prison a 3-year old could escape from. Fortunately, these 2 jerks can be turned off with the difficulty option, but the game is still bad.

Considering this game took less then 6 weeks to create, it is no suprise most copies ended up in a landfill but helping trigger a video game crash, that went way too far.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Hmmm,

The worst games I've played,

To me it was Mass Effect, because i didn't know the hell i was doing. Apparently everybody else was having an awesome time with it. :|
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Just a Username wrote:A lot of people have never played Atari ET but agree it is the worst game of all time.
*nods* If this was just a thread asking the "worst game ever" as opposed to "worst game you have ever played," this thread would be about nothing but E.T. Still, I think most of us are capable of recognizing a total piece-o-crap by looking at the back of the box, so in a way I'd consider this thread more like warnings about games that might look cool but are not.

Was E.T. absolute crap? Absolutely.
How many of us have played it? Just one, apparently. :grinp:
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

The worst game I ever played was Shaman King for the PS2. I was in love with the original Japanese Anime, hated the English dubbed version, and the game totally ruined the entire series by adding in some random character with a random sub-plot. I didn't get past the 4th chapter because it was so stupid.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
inu
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by inu »

any games modeled or based on a movie or tv show. they are always too easy and extremely low budget games. i hate short games that i spend 50$ on for only 3-4 hours of gameplay. Full Metal alchemist is one, the harry potter games, the incredible hulk game, and many many more :lol:
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

I liked the gameplay for Spider-man 2 and I've played the demo for Superman Returns (never actually bought it), but I really hated the Series of Unfortunate Events game and movie.

The Harry Potter games were okay, I guess...

And I've only watched my brother play the first Hulk game, so I can't say if I enjoyed it or not.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Anubis wrote:Hmmm,

To me it was Mass Effect, because i didn't know the hell i was doing. Apparently everybody else was having an awesome time with it. :|
Oh, I KNOW! I bought the game, and I really regret it, because I don't know how the hell to play it. Yet it earned all these game awards for the year it came out. : \
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IndianaJones »

Bah! Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic that came out for Xbox and PC is way better than Mass Effect. Keep your old KOTOR copy, if you have it and don't trade the game for Mass Effect.

The worst game I played recently is always movie-licensed games expect Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End for Xbox 360.

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Anubis wrote:Hmmm,

Oh, I KNOW! I bought the game, and I really regret it, because I don't know how the hell to play it. Yet it earned all these game awards for the year it came out. : \
I really don't get how you people don't know how to play it. The game:
A) Comes with a manual
B) Tells you stuff
C) Isn't all that complex

What exactly is the problem? :?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

The game is just too damn complicated for starters!

It's like Linux, you can't use it unless you know about a great deal already about computers. You can't play Mass Effect unless you play a lot of RPGs.

It was pretty unforgiving to RPG noobs, it's like it expects you to know this kind of stuff before playing. like when i started out my guy had a shotgun, a pistol, and an assault rifle. I wanted to use the assault rifle, but it said I had to unlock it by some means that completely flew over my head. I couldn't understand what the hell it was trying to tell me!

So i was stuck using the damn pistol until I got frustrated, gave up, and traded my copy of the game for store credit at Game Stop.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Aki wrote:I really don't get how you people don't know how to play it. The game:
A) Comes with a manual
B) Tells you stuff
C) Isn't all that complex

What exactly is the problem? :?
It's an RPG. Even if you eat, sleep and breathe nothing but RPGs, every RPG has at least a slight learning curve, and everyone will have to restart the game from scratch at least once.

I think Mass Effect got panned so much because when we think of RPGs, we usually think of, elves, wizards and warriors, not aliens, space ships and plasma cannons. For a lot of people, I'm willing to bet, Mass Effect was their first ever RPG, and unfortunately, it is a game that assumes you're at least slightly familiar with RPGs.

That's why the reviews are so mixed. On one hand, you've got the RPGers for whom the change in presentation from medieval to futuristic was refreshing, and on the other hand, you've got all the P.Oed sci-fi gamers that bought it thinking it would be something else entirely.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

[posted in wrong thread. Mods, please delete this post]
Last edited by Terastas on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

IndianaJones wrote:Runescape is for losers and kids who have no life or nothing to do at home.
Well, I'm sorry for being in the loser bandwagon because i'm not cool enough to able to afford a computer with specs that's more than enough to run RuneScape, AND have paid for my third month in membership for the same reason.

Sheesh. :roll:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Just when I was about to jump on the Blizzard bandwagon and try the free ten-day trial of World of Warcraft. . . I find out that they've merged with Activision.

Now it's official, I'm never playing it now. Everything Activision touches turns to crap; they're like the janitor from the Silent Hill movie, and I shudder the thought of what will happen to Blizzard as a result. :P
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I get a lot of flak for saying this everywhere else but... I can't stand Furcadia. The first response I get is, "its because its furry isn't it?!" Isn't that the the point of downloading it? I'm a furry myself. The given ability for players to create their own content is very limited. It's entirely 2D pixelated garbage. I'm not saying that everyone would hate this game. I'm told that roleplay is strong and ongoing among the most active players. Point is, when you give the average joe the ability to create 8-bit graphics for a game, the entire world looks like crap. Perhaps one or two places might be well done, but that's rare to see (and I haven't yet).

What really honks my horn is how players from Furcadia make the transition to Second Life, then try to make content BASED ON places in Furcadia. It looks even worse. I have high standards when it comes to graphics and consistancy. Granted, Second Life has its share of inconsistant graphics, but you can more easilly find hundreds of well coordinated builds throughout the world.

Overall, FC left me bored out of my skull. The only bit of interactivity is the communication with other players. Good for roleplay, but leaves nothing for the rest of us.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
W'rkncacnter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hard to Pronounce

Post by W'rkncacnter »

Now here is my area of expertise. I joined this forum because I liked the art, but at heart I am a gamer, and I shall now recount what I know of in this realm.

While there are games that truly and wholly stink, I have not played most of them; I tend to spend my money very cautiously at the game store. That having been said, the worst game I have ever played is American McGee's Bad Day LA.

Don't even ask me how I go suckered into this one, I don't know. The plot is terrible, the characters are not even engaging, the game play is only average at best, and the whole concept makes no darn sense. I get it's satire, but COME ON! I know somewhere out there there's a programmer that put a lot of work into this game, and if he thinks it's good, then I truly feel sorry for him.
What can create a new system, or destroy an old one? What can change the lives of everyone who touches it? What can strengthen the whole world, or shake it to its very roots? What can create whole nations, and change the course of history?

An idea.

-Unknown
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I understand the dilemma with Furcadia, as it could very well have been designed as a furry chat room.

The "it's because it's furry?!" remarks, however, are not entirely unfounded. Believe it or not, most of the furs I know told me that they stopped playing Furcadia because, get this, they couldn't stand all the furry-bashing that went on there. That's right, lots and lots of non-furs play a game called FURcadia and complain that there are too many furries around.

Personally I don't even think of it as a game because it is basically just a chat room with avatars, but I understand the confusion. Just don't take offense if anyone ever suggests that you didn't like it because it was furry -- they jump to that conclusion often because, frankly, that's what they're used to hearing.