subconscious, your opinion

The place for anything at all...

Can you communicate(any method) with your subconscious?

yes, i can do it myself
31%
yes, but i can't do it
No votes
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
19%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
No votes
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
6%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
No votes
Proable but not certain
6%
very unlikly but possible
No votes
I dont know
38%

Total votes: 16

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

subconscious, your opinion

Post by Lukas »

I'm doing a little poll, just pick the option you approve of and why.
Im doing this because im dwelling in this particular topic
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

Honestly, I don't know. I've never given it much thought, nor have I ever tried it. I don't believe its possible, but who knows.
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

i dont know either. Can you describe what you mean by talking to ones subconcious?
Shift_
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

To communicate with it? Like ask it stuff? I dont know if it works like that. (at least for me) My subconcious is a big part of me and it affects stuff all the time. Ive very intuitive I guess. i dont know if that helps.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

pretty much getting answers to questions by any method possible, or helping you figure out something
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I have, but only in lucid dreams. Only did that about two or three times in my lifetime, actually. Definately rare.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

to make things a little more interesting i found this:
http://www.geohanover.com/docs/pendulum2.htm
enjoy!
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

I see we have 2 people who voted they can indeed talk to there subconsciouses, care to name yourself?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

There is a difference between the sub-consious and non-consious mind.
To spare several pages of stuff, my definition of the non-consious mind is the part of one's mind that manages the so-called autonomic functions of the body. It is a Mind, in that it responds to external stimuli and exerts control over the body, but it's like a "smart" thermostat in that it can't adapt to non-pre-programmed instructions.
The Sub-Consious mind, however, is what one visits in deep meditation. It is the "Boot" mind that starts functioning with the first breath and stops when the resident intelligence departs permanently. It is what carries the basic instructions that can be modified by either experience or willpower.
In a way, you're always communicating with it: evaluating your energy state, your hydration, your sub-consious perceptions (the little tick you suddenly hear that makes you suddenly alert, or the flash of light to the side that you decide to 'see' suddenly). It's watching out for you when you're walking (balance = Non Consious) (Controled fall = walking = Sub consious) and just about every where else. It doesn't sleep...and it IS aware.
Meditation is a tool for interacting with the sub-consious mind. Basically-you shut out the external noises and let the non-consious deal with them, and "talk" to this part of your Processing system. Don't expect great revelations- it doesn't care that much about them; but do expect a better control over your mind and body as a result of these "conversations" with yourself.
It's a fine-tuning tool, mostly. :roll:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

yes i agree
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

We all live in a Yellow Subconsciousness...

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've read a number of theories about the subconscious, particularly because of my fascination with dreaming. The general consensus seems to be that we all communicate all the time with our subconscious; it reads both our actual experiences and our imagined experiences and assumes they're all real. The subconscious is fault-tolerant and does not rely on continuity, so paradoxical and self-contradictory premises can be believed. This explains why dreams can have discontinuity. (Characters or objects can change in quality, appear, or disappear, and you while dreaming can take for granted that this is normal.) This can also mean that your subconscious believes as true every fantasy novel or sci-fi show you watch, every daydream you have, and every thought about possible timelines, from worrying about flunking a test to believing you can be the next President or Prime Minister. (Motivational speakers like pointing out the latter as a reason to discourage dwelling on things going wrong and focusing on how things can go right.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

On several occasions, while I am dreaming, I have asked someone inside of the dream is this a dream and not only that but before I ask the question I can feel that it is a dream. Would this mean I am argueing with my subconsience?
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Re: We all live in a Yellow Subconsciousness...

Post by MoonKit »

Scott Gardener wrote:... it reads both our actual experiences and our imagined experiences and assumes they're all real.

...This can also mean that your subconscious believes as true every fantasy novel or sci-fi show you watch, every daydream you have, and every thought about possible timelines, from worrying about flunking a test to believing you can be the next President or Prime Minister.

:o I think you just helped me along a little with my story. And my views on life. :lol: Thanks Scott!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:On several occasions, while I am dreaming, I have asked someone inside of the dream is this a dream and not only that but before I ask the question I can feel that it is a dream. Would this mean I am argueing with my subconsience?
No-it means you are having a Lucid Dream. Nothing more. Dreams come from a different part of the mental structure, and are usually a combination of memory and stimulus from the non-consious mind.
In one sense, your mind is "de-fragmenting" when you dream. In another sense, you are "trying things out" in the dream state.
Rarely-unless you are very lucky and well trained-you can "other-space- experience" in a dream. There, you experience what Therians refer to as a "dream-shift" (only it isn't necessarily animistic) which is simply "crosstalk" from other possible existences. This state isn't very likely for a number of reasons (which don't obtain to this thread).

However it works out, the fact that you wake up is what's important. Closing your eyes to sleep is the greatest act of faith there is; because you know that one day-they won't open-ever again.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...