The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

PariahPoet wrote:
geekboy1500 wrote:Hokay,

1. We need another admin to take over fig's duty's if he wants to cut back because of work, (which is his decision, and perfectly fine)

2. It would be nice to have a thread in which we could nominate/elect a supplement to the current admins

3. It would be nice to complile a list of nominations for the aformented post of admin.

/personal opinion
That's exactly what this thread was supposed to be before the stupid
Oh pretty :o Okies so it will be done GeekBoy1500 if it's not been done already..I AGAIN will say this..I am not against getting help with the Pack. So no one thinks I am trying to be rude here..I am not I want help.. I just want to clarify that.. So lets do this!! :howl:  :oo
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I still say Captain Planet is the best choice. :grinp:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Can we nominate people or are people volunteering? (Yes, yes, I know I said I'd stay away.)

Because if we can nominate, I nominate Set if she's up to it. She's an older member and has a level head on her shoulders. :)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I'm starting to think folks don't want me for an admin anymore..However just stating this.. in taking on Admin responsiblities is hard work so when you volunteer for it just make sure you are ready for all that comes with it
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Joker... I haven't had any problem with your work as Admin... I don't remember anyone else having a major problem with you either. You need backup, just like anyone would need backup, because you've got a life of your own and often you'll have more important things to do than all the hard work for little or no thanks that Admin work is.

As far as I'm concerned, Fig and yourself have done a darned good job in fairly difficult circumstances. All credit to you both.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Actually, I think we should be looking for a couple of new Moderators. I nominate RedEye and Pariah. Should we make this a vote?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I say we make Keobora or Joker the new Pack Rep because they are indeed the most qualified, and then make two or three new Moderators so that the new Rep isn't so squeezed. People Like Periah, Set, and Moon kit.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Yep I'm all for Pariah having Mod status an Thank you Midnight I appreciate that :jester: Hmm as far as other mods Why not Midnight as well?
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kaebora - I thought the issue was that there needed to be coverage for the Admins due to everything piling up while Figarou was busy at work and Joker was taking a well-deserved holiday. Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick. Although, that said, a Moderator position could be a good learning opportunity for someone who'd have the time and ability to fill in as Admin the next time additional help is needed.

Fenrir - I also thought Fig's main issue was the Admin workload not the Pack Rep. position. I think Fig' should stay on as Pack Rep., it sounds to me like it's more recognition of all the work he's put in so far rather than an additional job dumped on him.

Joker - thanks for the thought but I don't think I'd be any good as a moderator, I'm too argumentative (if most of the arguments didn't get locked by the time I saw them I'd probably have pitched in, which wouldn't have helped) and also don't have much technical computer ability.

In general - I agree with Kaebora that, from observation of them in the forums over the last year, Red Eye and Pariah Poet would each have something to offer the moderation/administration team. Although before it goes to a vote wouldn't it be best to see if they agree to being nominated in the first place?
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Ok, if this is going to be the nominations thread... we should change the title of it accordingly, because even I was confused what we were using this thread for. As far as I know... were discussing Fig's vacation.
-Kaebora
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Well, the pack rep, i think, is like the head moderator. So, I just thought it was the title he was crowning someone.....but I don't know
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

What about giving some of our moderators a promotion to admin and then getting new moderators?

I'm not sure if that's what Fenrir or Kaebora were getting at but their comments made me think of it.

Also, everyone nominated already is OK by me. Set, Pariah, Red Eye, Midnight etc. Or Fenrir himself. Has he been nominated yet?

:lol: Lets all be moderators! :lol:

Perhaps we should make a new thread like Kaebora suggested. We can have some nominees who agree that they can do it up and everyone can vote. Or maybe just have the mods and admins vote?
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

MoonKit wrote:What about giving some of our moderators a promotion to admin and then getting new moderators?

I'm not sure if that's what Fenrir or Kaebora were getting at but their comments made me think of it.

Also, everyone nominated already is OK by me. Set, Pariah, Red Eye, Midnight etc. Or Fenrir himself. Has he been nominated yet?

Perhaps we should make a new thread like Kaebora suggested. We can have some nominees who agree that they can do it up and everyone can vote. Or maybe just have the mods and admins vote?

I think that's a good idea. :)

I nominate Fenrir, I have a strong feeling he'd be a great Mod!!! :howl:  :oo
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I'm curious, what is the difference between an Adminstrator and a Moderator? Is there different responsiblities for each position?
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Admins have to deal with a lot of website-related stuff but Mods deal with the forums.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Kzinistzerg wrote:Admins have to deal with a lot of website-related stuff but Mods deal with the forums.
Oh, I see. I wasn't sure which position did what. Well, I can see that both positions require a lot of hard work.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Alright we have the Mods an Admin have chosen Red Eye to take the position as the Pack Mod. As you know ShadowWulf is also a Mod. Me an Kae are the Pack admins. However if we do think we need more assistance in the near future we will consider thos that have been placed here in this thread.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

um....who is red eye? I am so gonna kick myself as soon as I see his avitar :lol:

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Sweet, congrats Red Eye, now your part of the big boys. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

I assume he agreed to this? :lol:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I did. I've modded and admin'd boards before. I was getting worried, what with Fig being overworked and Joker busy; some of the content was getting downright rude: and that's the kiss of death for a board.

Plus, since I'm retired, there is no time conflict in my life-other than working on tha' Book. So, I have the time, and I volunteered.

Oh...BTW: The floggings will continue until morale improves! :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

OH so he's readeye! :lol:

-Satyricon
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Fenrir wrote:OH so he's readeye! :lol:
Sheesh Fenrir! :lol:

Red Eye...I didnt know you were an old man. :wink: :lol:
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Fenrir wrote:Well, the pack rep, i think, is like the head moderator. So, I just thought it was the title he was crowning someone.....but I don't know
Lets just reserve that for Figarou, for if and when he wants to hop back in the hotseat.

I did prefer that we allow the entire Pack to vote on the moderator, rather than have some kind of quick judgemental decision (which I was away when took place). But RedEye indeed is qualified. An exellent choice.
-Kaebora
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Wait so who decided to make him one? Was it just Joker?

-Satyricon