New mods/admins needed.

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

New mods/admins needed.

Post by PariahPoet »

Last edited by PariahPoet on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I doubt Scott will be able to be a mod because he doesn't want anything from the internet to affect is real life. We need someone is responsible, level headed and can be on at least once or twice a day. If taking this position will mean affecting your real life then I wouldn't recommend it.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Poor Fig :(

Hmm...I nominate the following to be considered:
PariahPoet
Terastas
Moonkit
RedEye
*nagowteena*
:D

Scott would be good too, but he may be too busy with his doctor stuff :wink:
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Excellent idea Pariah. However I am not going to make any nominations for moderator. I don't feel I've been here long enough to do that.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

I think this is a good idea, it would take a load off of Fig. :)

and the other mods aswell, since they have a lot going on at the moment.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

3 mods work fine. Its just that joker as been away for a while on personal business.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Silverclaw wrote:Poor Fig :(

Hmm...I nominate the following to be considered:
PariahPoet
Terastas
Moonkit
RedEye
*nagowteena*
:D

Scott would be good too, but he may be too busy with his doctor stuff :wink:
:o Wow. Thanks Silver! :o

I guess I am on a lot though! :lol: I dont know if Id be good though. I tend to disappear for several days at a time.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I'm going to step in again as an Admin (if needed) near the end of next December, because I'll finally have the burden of college off my sholders for awhile. So, until then, we are a tad shorthanded for admin duties.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Let's give Fig a vacation ^^

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:
So I propose that we elect a few more mods to help SW and Kae, so Fig can delegate responsibilities.
A few packmates that I think would make good mods are Scott and Midnight Wolf. They are level-headed and I have a great deal of respect for them both.

What I am hoping is that we can get enough mods that there will almost always be at least one on to look after things.

1st....my work situation. Yes....I'm working LOOOOOONG hours at Exxon. When I get home, I'm exausted. Not stressed out. (There IS a BIG difference between the 2.)

What we REALLY need is more admins. We can use a few more mods for delegations. But that doesn't happen everyday.

There is not much going on here to have more mods. But there is something that requires an admin. If someone joins this forum...he/she needs an admin's approval. Its like that to prevent tons of spam bots from joining. My e-mail gets flooded with forum requests. I have to go through each one and filter out the bots from the real people. Its an everyday thing. And there are times where I don't have time to get online to do it.

I asked Jokerwolf if she can help me. Thats why she's an admin. But it'll be nice if more people can help approve the new members.

Kaebora......when you are ready to be an admin again....let me know. I sure can use your help.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Last edited by PariahPoet on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Well then we may need a new Admin. Joker mentioned something about possibly not being able to do it any longer on her deviant art:

"As some of you know I was the Admin on the pack, but I fear I just can't do it now..I just wasn't able to..I need to give up that because people count on you to be around if something should arise on there an I haven't been able too."

http://sabrewolfqueen.deviantart.com/

But she might change her mind! We'll just have to talk to her an see.

:|
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

That's a far cry from,

"If you don't take out the trash, we will send you far away and you will never see Mommy, Daddy, or any of your friends here ever again, because we don't like having you around."

I doubt you intended it that way, but seeing those ban threats made me feel like the Pack was not a welcoming place. Like we were saying we were better off never having known Dreamer and cumulusprotagonist.

That's like threatening to drop a nuclear bomb on a bee. It's so inappropriate that you can't tell if they're joking or serious, but they have their finger on the button, so you have to assume they're serious.

Spammers and bots get the nuke, but not each other. We're Packmates.
:howl:  :oo

-- Vilkacis
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Vilkacis wrote:
Spammers and bots get the nuke, but not each other. We're Packmates.

-- Vilkacis
And this is why I've actually stayed on the board for over a year. Lets keep the love guys!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I didnt know someone wanted to be banned. Anyway recently in another forum Ive heard about one of the mods banning one of the members due to some really stupid decisions and irresponsible moderators.

Ok I found out more info. Basicly Mod 1 had a conflict with Mod 2. Mod 1 thought a member should be banned, mod 2 thought otherwise and uplifted the banned, mod 1 persisted and banned the member again, then mod 2 uplifted it again, and this went on for the 3rd time and the member decided to just leave (temporarily I hope).
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

In all honesty. I feel like Figarou has to be the admin no question about it. There can be a second admin that does most of the work. But figarou as not an admin is like riding a car without a 4th wheel.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:In all honesty. I feel like Figarou has to be the admin no question about it. There can be a second admin that does most of the work. But figarou as not an admin is like riding a car without a 4th wheel.

I think we should have a dozen admins. :grinp: Well, maybe not that many. But more than 2.

The only thing I'm worried about is approving the new members. Let the mods take care of future debates in threads.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I found the perfect mod!!! Meet ....

Image Image
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

Captain Planet!

He would make a good moderator, wouldn't he. He's all about morals and understanding and stuff.
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Figarou did not do anything wrong. I had several threads get locked. I will just be quiet now.
Last edited by cumulusprotagonist on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Last edited by PariahPoet on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

My what a we web weaved. Pariah Is right about having a new Admin, but only if Joker doesnt want to be one herself because it was fine when she was on all the time. By the way does anyone know when she'll be back?
Image Image
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

The PM was about people on YouTube not Figarou. I was upset with people on You Tube and tried to discuss the issues here but was too vague. I was never upset with Figarou. I did not know how to respond to the reply to the PM because I was confused. It sounded like a reponse to something I PM'd someone else.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I think everyone should take a deep breath and relax :)

First off, this particular thread was started with the best of intentions. To help take off some of the workload for Figarou. His posts have got a 'stressed-out' vibe to them lately I think.(even if he thinks he's not...just how it seems)
So, yeah, I think we should do what Pariah suggested to begin with and pick out a member or two to help out. Could be a permanent thing, or temporary, whatever works best.

No need to bring up old threads and place blame on people or whatever. Justs hurts feelings and whatnot.
:)

*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Silverclaw wrote:I think everyone should take a deep breath and relax :)

First off, this particular thread was started with the best of intentions. To help take off some of the workload for Figarou. His posts have got a 'stressed-out' vibe to them lately I think.(even if he thinks he's not...just how it seems)
So, yeah, I think we should do what Pariah suggested to begin with and pick out a member or two to help out. Could be a permanent thing, or temporary, whatever works best.

No need to bring up old threads and place blame on people or whatever. Justs hurts feelings and whatnot.
:)

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z