Hi there!

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Hi there!

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

I just joined and cannot wait to discuss with you guys.

My Name is Francesco aka MrDragon811, I am 19, and grew up in the New York City area (mostly on Long Island) and I am going to college hwlwnk

Let start off by saying I got into werewolves when I first watch, (in my opinion), the best werewolf movie ever, Dog Soldiers (2002). This is where I started getting into werewolves and then later on the supernatural races in general and even "superhumans" like the X-Men and what not. But I still held strong for the wolf. After watching other movies such as: Ginger Snaps (2000), Underworld (2003), Underworld : Evolution (2006), Cursed (2005), Van Helsing (2004), and even Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004), plus many more old and new movies like the An American Werewolf in . . . movies I really got into it. Okay maybe I am little obsessed, but I cannot help myself, I fill complete when I watch and read things on werewolves. just this past summer I finished reading this book series called Women of the Otherworld by Kelly Armstrong and I have never felt better. Her website is kellyarmstrong.com. Also over the summer I found another websit called werewolf-movies.com. I cannot wait for upcoming projects on werewolves and other supernatural creatures and the like.
I am also obsessed with the TV Shows: Lost, Doctor Who and Torchwood, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, and CSI and many others that would take a long time yo put down that I am not that obsessed with but still like.

I am a very open minded individual and make myself know as much as I can. I am also somewhat of a devoted Catholic and strongly believe in God. I also am a scientific person looking to science as POSSIBLE answers, but always fall back onto my faith. I have been told that it is contridicting but for me it works out fine. I am a good friend to have. Thats it really, that is me to an extent even though there is more to me then meets the eye, but that will get taken care of later. So I will talk to you soon.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
lone-wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Fursona Of Taras WolfMoon

Welcome

Post by lone-wolf »

Hi and, :welcome: ,have a nice stay.

p.s There will be plenty of discussions here, so enjoy yourself :wagtail:
Last edited by lone-wolf on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Wolf Is The Strength Of The Pack And The Pack Is The Strength Of The Wolf"
~~Rudyard Kipling
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

wow, you sure have a lot to say huh? :lol:

and I have an obsession aswell..... SMALLVILLE!!! :lol: :P

but anyhow :welcome: I'm quite sure you'll love it here, I know I do!!! :D

and it's wonderful to meet you Francesco!!! :howl:  :oo
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Firewolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Re: Hi there!

Post by Firewolf »

Hello :welcome:

MrDragon811 wrote: (in my opinion), the best werewolf movie ever, Dog Soldiers (2002).
I have to agree with you. I love that movie
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Thanks guys, sorry if I get too wordy but I am what my friends call a walking encyclopedia, I know the most random info, but any way where would be the best place on this forum to start discussing info? I have been dieing and tyying to find and get Dog Soldiers on DVD, because the Sci-Fi Channel cuts it down. To anyone who has yet to see it, you have to watch because it is not only good as a werewolf movie but a movie in general. Again thanks and talk to you later.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Firewolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Firewolf »

I got my Dog Soldiers DvD at Best Buy
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Firewolf wrote:I got my Dog Soldiers DvD at Best Buy

like oh my god, me to!!! :P
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Re: Hi there!

Post by Set »

MrDragon811 wrote:I am also obsessed with the TV Shows: Lost, Doctor Who and Torchwood,
I like you already.
MrDragon811 wrote:I am a very open minded individual and make myself know as much as I can. I am also somewhat of a devoted Catholic and strongly believe in God. I also am a scientific person looking to science as POSSIBLE answers, but always fall back onto my faith.
...Did hell freeze over? *ducks before someone throws something* Sorry, but I'm used to the dumb-as-dirt fanatical nutcases here in Hickville, you can't really blame me for being surprised.
MrDragon811 wrote:I have been told that it is contridicting but for me it works out fine.
Contradiction, how? If you think of it as religion explaining why everything is here, and science explaining how everything works, then I don't see how they clash at all!

Welcome, lunchmeat. Enjoy your stay. :D
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Welcome, once again. I fear that having seen Dog Soldiers, although it does well in makeup and suspense; I have come to detest the "Werewolf as insane killing machine" storyline, and so as a rule I don't buy the DVD's when they come out. In fact, that is what brought me to this particular site...non-evil werewolves.

Furthermore, you sound quite interesting and well educated...I like that in Forum member. You'll get quite a mental workout here...

So, Well Come! :howl:  :oo
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Well hello! You seem like a very cool new person...which is very refreshing around here! :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Thanks, and I know shockingly I may be the "impossible" person but that is how I tick, and thanks Set for agreeing with me because I have on my FaceBook profile under religious views a quote from CSI that goes: I believe in God, Science, and Sunday Suppers. because of this my friends on FaceBook at first said that that was not possible to believe in both science and God, but I did not care, then they later called me weird. That is the main reason why I do that, for future reference.
I do agree with the "non-evil werewolves" RedEye, that there is good and bad to everything, but should still pull the enjoyment out of a great movie? Believe me, I hate stereotyping and prejudging. Thats what got me hooked onto the Women of the otherworld series. I liked, no, I loved how Kelly Armstrong persented her werewolves and the other supernatural races. Enough of me now at least for the time being, I do not want to be to much of a hog. Thanks for listening.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Silver Predator Wolf
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Le plus innocent votre sourire, le plus sauvage mon amour pour vous.

Post by Silver Predator Wolf »

Yo! Welcome to the forum! Hope you will enjoy your stay with us! :D
A healthy woman is much like a wolf: Both social creatures, longing for pack mates, intelligent, communicative, wild, gentle, playful, capable of great strength, fiercely loyal, territorial, and beautiful.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Your from Long Island? Awesome! My family lives up there and we visit them sometimes! :D

Welcome to the pack too! :howl:  :oo my name's BW and I have obsessions...in somethings XD

I may have to think about that, let me get back to you there ^_^;;;
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Welcome to the forums. :D
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

Sup, Welcome to the wonderful den.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Thanks again.
BW where on Long Island? My family lives in West Babylon and I dorm at SUNY Farmingdale.
Would anyone know where I can find some good reading material on the internet werewolf related? I read Kelly's work now and then but I want to try out other works. Talk to later
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

I am in the process of coming up with characters to a story(ies) that I am brainstorming for in order to make about 8 or more book series containing about 5 to 11 books each, when I am done brainstorming I will post them on the Creative Writing section to see what you think and feel free to help out. As a heads up expect the unexpected with me. To make things interesting the stories will be progressive revolving around the same characters. this will take some time because I will be doing college work along side it. I will put up different parts on a "possible" weekly basis. I am going to announce when I post up the first section either here or as the first post in the Creative Writing section. Check the both topics when you can to see if I put them up or not. I need to know if my writing style is good or bad. Thanks again for the time. I will talk to when i am ready.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

I am almost done with the first segment of writing, I will be posting it in the Creative Writing section either tonight or tomorrow. Check this post and/ or the Writing post for details and/ or updates.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

I got done with the first segment and will be posting it up in the Creative Writing section. See you there!
-Dr. L. David Mech
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

MrDragon811 wrote:Thanks guys, sorry if I get too wordy but I am what my friends call a walking encyclopedia, I know the most random info, but any way where would be the best place on this forum to start discussing info? I have been dieing and tyying to find and get Dog Soldiers on DVD, because the Sci-Fi Channel cuts it down. To anyone who has yet to see it, you have to watch because it is not only good as a werewolf movie but a movie in general. Again thanks and talk to you later.
Hey you sound to be one of many of the most useful people I've heard of. Have a good time i know i have. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Welcome to the Pack! Enjoy your stay and try to dodge the duckies! :missed:
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Thanks, I will be posting the next segment Part TWO in the Creative Writing Section. Enjoy!
-Dr. L. David Mech