The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

There's Magic In Not Knowing

Post by MoonKit »

I dont know about you but it certainly makes things more magical and more fun when you're really not sure if something is real/true or not. When there's something to believe in. Facts arent interesting. Who the heck likes facts!

Whether it be werewolves, aliens, magic or faeries, wouldnt you just rather let everyone ponder? Isnt the speculating better then knowing and having it become mundane? The possibility of something is always so much better then the actual existence of something, dont you think? Myth is always so much better then science!

Dont you agree?

By the way, how many of you consider yourselves Young At Heart? *raises hand* :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Hmmm some how...I balance Science and Magic quiet well. I AGREE!

And uh...can you be young at heart and be young? :D
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Interesting Statment......i think i can agree with that....
And to answer you question...i think that i am young and young at heart too :thpt2:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

wow....never really thought about it, but I agree with you.

and I know for a fact that I'm young, and young at heart!!! :P
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

so do i
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Nope. I like science. Facts can be pretty damn interesting, as nature is damn crazy.

It's all about perspective. The world has some real crazy stuff going on that I'd be hesitant to view as "mundane".
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I would like to know the answer to everything if I could, every fact and bit of information that could be know. I would prefer having the answers to everything.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Um...no. Knowledge is not dull, not in the slightest. Granted some people can make it dull...that's how I can like science and still be bored out of my mind in a class about it...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

There is a need for Wonder in the human psyche. Take it away, and something indefinable is lost from the person; they are lessened and somehow made smaller.
Your reach should always exceed your grasp. If you cannot still ponder, puzzle, and wonder, your humanity is reduced; Man is more than the machine.
Science is the art of description, the deft weaving of facts into plausable and demonstrable things, for everyone to feel and touch-yet Wonder is the parent of Science, and the child of discovery. We grow through Wonder, and learn through Science.
From the first to the last seconds of life, we live with Wonder; leading us on to discover and learn...and grow.
But Wonder, that most seductive of dancers in the mind, is also the easiest lost. We lose Wonder, and with her; a part of our soul. Neither is easily regained, but the quest to do so is the single most worthy of questings, since it unites us with ourselves again, and makes us whole.

And I am neither young nor old, but rather both-as the situation requires of me. :)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote:Um...no. Knowledge is not dull, not in the slightest. Granted some people can make it dull...that's how I can like science and still be bored out of my mind in a class about it...
I didnt mean to say that we shouldnt have science. Because science is awesome and I dont wanna be wandering around thinking that chickens are demons or anything stupid like that. :lol: We do need science. I think I meant. Dont just let science dictate what you believe it. Just because it hasnt been proven doesnt mean it doesnt exist. I think that's more of what I meant.

And RedEye, I agree...I always say Im old man and little girl in one. :lol:
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Well why didn't you just say that? I know you were trying to be...poetic, or something, but sometimes the point is much better delivered if you just state it plain.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote:Well why didn't you just say that? I know you were trying to be...poetic, or something, but sometimes the point is much better delivered if you just state it plain.
:lol: I guess it was just the mood I was in.
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

So then you would go along with manipulating matter with your mind? Set says people use 100% of their brain and I should have asked where that information came from.
Even if this is true, what one person can do with 100 Percent of their mind is not the same as what someone else could do with it.
MoonKit wrote: I dont know about you but it certainly makes things more magical and more fun when you're really not sure if something is real/true or not. When there's something to believe in. Facts arent interesting. Who the heck likes facts!
MoonKit wrote: Dont just let science dictate what you believe it. Just because it hasnt been proven doesnt mean it doesnt exist. I think that's more of what I meant.
It sounds like it. Manipulating matter with your mind would fall into the magic category if you ask me.
Besides if someone could do this there would be no way to prove or disprove it =P
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:Set says people use 100% of their brain and I should have asked where that information came from.
That came from every scientist and medical expert I've ever heard speak about the brain.
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Is there anywhere online I could go to review the information?
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

That I know of? No. You'll have to do the search yourself.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

It used to be said that we only used a small portion of our brain, based on what were simple and not very enlightening tests.
With the advent of PET (Positron Emission Tomography), advanced ElectroEncephalography, and really detailed MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scans, it became obvious we were using all of our brain, just like every other creature. We just didn't have a way to test for it. Now, we do.
What's the amazing part is that all the "Intelligence" happens in a layer of braincells as thick as a business card. The rest is "wiring" to connect parts of the brain together. There is a huge amount of surface there though; it's just wrinkled to fit in our skull.
SO, the more wrinkles in your brain, the more you think? Seems li ke that's what's happening. Wrinkles are our friends... :lol:
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I think it's wonderful being a newbie! that way, everything is magical for you, even if there's a real scientific reason behind it; tough, sooner or later you'll grow up and see the truth, and start loosing your "inner child". :(
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

I want answers.

I'm not surprised that the whole of the brain gets used... It's not just knowledge, storage and processing ability... there's analytical processes going on in the human brain that I doubt any computer would be able to duplicate, let alone one as small as a human brain.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Yeah. I've heard that too about the brain. They used to think we didnt use it all but then they found out that we do.

But that doesnt mean we're living up to our full potential. :wink:
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

mmm... ok :roll:

Guess we all had different childhood moments. New things are always great, of course, but not so much the science ones for me, not now, and less when I was younger, I didn't even understand them. :D
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

not knowing i guess makes things magical....but not knowing things...makes me think of what it could be and then beyond.

not knowing stuff is basically like the funest thing in the world....cause if you dont know it...you can make it whatever you want it to be...to yourself anyway
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

There is no such thing as magic. There is energy everwhere, and where there is energy you can control it. That understandment is one of the basics of spiritual growth.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.