Furry Documentury

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Furry Documentury

Post by Silverclaw »

'American Furry'
http://tv.boingboing.net/2007/11/01/american-furry.html

Not sure if this is going to be an internet-only thing, or a real, released on dvd movie.
Either way, should be interesting :D
Last edited by Silverclaw on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lone-wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Fursona Of Taras WolfMoon

Furry Documentary

Post by lone-wolf »

Hmmm, not to sure what to make of that, but it is kind of interesting and definitely different :wagtail:
"The Wolf Is The Strength Of The Pack And The Pack Is The Strength Of The Wolf"
~~Rudyard Kipling
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Indeed, something that real members of the Furry Fandom telling their true meaning and understanding of the Furry Fandom. Like a hobby, interest, love of animals, and spirituality. It is different from those other videos and I will watch the documentary, once it is finished.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Official site for it:
http://rabbitholefilms.com/amfur/index.html

I'm looking forward to it. :)

I know Matt must be too...*cough*
:wink: lol
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

That is pretty cool.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

It seems to be interesting indeed.... :D
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Sure its all nice and fun to walk around town in a Fursuit. Until these guys come in to put a stop to it.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
CimaKenzo
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by CimaKenzo »

Awesome! ^ .^
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Looks like its gonna be incredibly gay.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The term "morphological freedom" comes to mind--it's a futurist ethical principle that says that not only do we own the rights to our body, but we own the rights to shape it as we wish, and we deserve to employ technologies that could help us reshape it to better describe how we see ourselves as we're meant to be.

Sounds simple enough, but you wouldn't believe how controversial something as basic as switching gender is--and that's staying in the human realm. You know people who are male and people who are female. The guy who modified his face to look part tiger had to go through a tattoo parlor to get what basically amounts to cosmetic surgeries, because the AMA by present day standards won't endorse procedures that take someone outside standard human specifications.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Another guy went Serpent-Morph--all the way to scales and a split tongue...at a Tattoo parlor, with No Anaesthetic, yet.

The Tiger-Morph had piercings for vibrissae (whiskers) I believe?

The trouble is that Humans are basically intolerant of anything that is intelligent and doesn't look human. Humans do not play well with others.
At least we've evolved enough to recognize that sometimes there is a gender mis-match in people; female minds are in male bodies, and vice-versa. It happens, and most people can't even deal with the pre-op person, let alone the post-op physically corrected person.

Then the religious-types weigh in, and it all goes down the drain. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever manage to live up to our press-releases as "Sapient" beings.

Morpholigical Freedom is no different from Freedom of Speech or Freedom of Expression. We are what our minds say we are, not what some philosophy or belief-system's assumptions make us think we should be.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

It was Cat! The tiger guy! He's everywhere! :o

Now I have a question. And please dont start a flame war about this. I just want the opinion of the furries...not the options of those who arent.

When you put on the costume are you your true self or are you someone else entirely? Because that video gave me the impression that they were using the fursuits as a way to escape and not be themselves. But from you guys, I've always gotten the impression that it was more about what you truly are.

Just curious. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Sorry but i'm not a furry so i can't understand it to what it's ment to represent. but i must say if a person has such talet to make a decent suit then good on them :D , because i'm not that good at making things with my hands unless it's carpendry. :|
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

MoonKit wrote:It was Cat! The tiger guy! He's everywhere! :o

Now I have a question. And please dont start a flame war about this. I just want the opinion of the furries...not the options of those who arent.

When you put on the costume are you your true self or are you someone else entirely? Because that video gave me the impression that they were using the fursuits as a way to escape and not be themselves. But from you guys, I've always gotten the impression that it was more about what you truly are.

Just curious. :D
Well, it's about as close as I can get to my true self since there is no way I can become a real quadrupedal cat. ^^ When I wear the 'rundi suit I use it as a way to let inside kitty out for a while while giving people a visual to help them understand my change in behavior.

But I have another personal fursuit that I patterned after a wolf friend I met in Colorado. That suit is kind of an homage to her. I like to wear that one so I can try to bring her love and joy to people who cannot meet her in person. So that one is more like stepping into the identity of a friend you admire.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Thanks Pariah, that was very helpful. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

In my opinion the fursuit shouldn't define who you are. You should be who you are even without the suit ^_^ Be yourself constantly because that is who you really are. I like to use my wolf friend for example. He doesn't wear a fursuit yet he still howls and growls, and refers to his hands as paws and generally acts like himself and he would act the same way if he was wearing a wolf costume.

Hopefully this "documentary" will be better than the ones before it *cough cough MTV sucks a** cough* but anyway...

-Neko
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Oh that is so sweet!! I would love to own that if it come out on dvd!! Did anyone else see the feline on the skate board? It reminds me of Pariah :Jester3: You know it would be awesome if some Pack members got a chance to be in this!! Oh I wonder if there is a way to get in this!! :o
Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

Thats a pretty interesting view.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

IMHO: A Fursuit is a part of a person, part of the multiple facets and layers that make up a personality.

Are you the Wolf when you suit up? No. But as you said, you are bringing a part of her to others; the part of her that you saw and recognized in yourself.

Fursuits are expressions of the person inside them, as our bodies are expressions of our mind and spirit. Layer upon layer, we re-define ourselves; always learning more about ourselves as we do so.

There's nothing bad about finding out more about oneself; it just adds depth to the Gestalt that is you (using the word in the original sense).
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...