Werewolf Schedules

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

Werewolf Schedules

Post by Ookami-kun »

Let's face it - it's not always you could control the time of your activities. XD

If the werewolf is the "wolfman during the night" type, how could he or she cope with events that are virtually impossible to reschedule? Take note that this events are also valuable (e.g. Awarding of Most Hardworking Award, Bodybuilding Finals, or World Peace Speech).
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

If they had a choice, I suspect that most Were's wouldn't get involved with anything like that. Too much attention coming their way.

Otherwise; one suspects that they would use their control-of-form to appear non-Were' at that time, then scoot as fast as they could get away.

Now, if said Werewolf just went all Fuzzy and Toothy every time the sun set; there could be a traffic accident on the way (including them) that made appearance impossible. Frequently, in the stories, there is some herb or other that inhibits the shift. I guess they'd try that, or maybe a blessing of some sort to hold off the shift until after the affair was over.

Other than that...I dunno. :(
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

I agree that they most likely wouldn't want to, because it would draw a lot of attention to themselves. But they could always try to balance that kind of stuff out with changing.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Ok lets say that a were had the choice of change? God that would be so helpful on my commute to work, man i wouldn't have to deal with traffic ever again. :lol:

but seriously if the choice was an option, then haveing to make plans for the day for when it would be safe to change would be no more. man that would be a dream come true to a werewolf :D
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

But take note that the events are grand - meaning that the usual jobs that lead to those are probably with their consent (e.g. they were always working at day hours, but the award was scheduled for night), so they cannot technically know that they will be needing to attend at a risky schedule.

Besides, werewolves need to work too if they don't want to turn into a big fat slob. :howl:  :oo
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rosiewolf »

Yes I agree, they do need jobs. Unless they were to live in the wild.
But back on topic. Lets say that they can change whenever they wanted to. Then they can just plan out whenever they wanted to go somewhere or do something. So I bascilly agree with Blue-Eyes in the dark. But other than that, if they couldn't change on their on free-will, then I would say that it would be better if they just didn't get involved with those kinds of jobs.
Hm... but what if a were wanted to becoma doctor? Because he or she liked to help people. And they couldn't change whenever they wanted to.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

What I mean is, they never expect to have a night event to a job which is usually in day hours.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I also agree that I don't think a werewolf, especially one that shifted at nighttime automatically, would ever allow himself to become committed to a nighttime event that he could never under any circumstances pull out of.

First of all, just because you don't have a good excuse doesn't mean you can't not show up someplace you don't want to. When somebody wins an Academy Award and they aren't there to receive it, the presenter just accepts it on their behalf and they move right along.

If a werewolf had a night event, he'd sooner arrange for a tree to land on his car than show up at it. That might sound extreme, but a car is a lot easier to replace than a secret.

And besides, what are they going to do if he doesn't show up? Come to his house and drag him to it? If they want to make him suffer for missing out, they'll have to wait until they see him again in the daytime.

And even if he did have to be there to actually get whatever he was being given, what kind of prize would it have to be for him to risk shifting in public? It might be damaging to his career to not show up, but if he does show up and shifts, that would screw up his entire life to say the least. Trust me on this: a new job is a lot easier to get than a new identity. What good is a million dollar check if everyone from the cops to the CIA is going to pounce on you the minute you try to deposit it?

So simply put, there are no events that a werewolf could never back out of, and any werewolf that insists otherwise is either really selfish or really stupid.
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

.... then again a werewolf might use a special occasion, preferably a televised one, to broadcast existence to the world... If people knew about it it would eventually just fade away into something commonplace.

ie. public view of homosexuality 1950 vs. public view of homosexuality today. Acceptance will (most likely) come with time
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rosiewolf »

Ookami-kun wrote:What I mean is, they never expect to have a night event to a job which is usually in day hours.

Then that person would have to figure out a way to not go. Or go and deal with the change there, which wouldn't be such a great idea. So basiclly they would just have to say no to whatever comes up.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

Wolfguising? XP
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

geekboy1500 wrote:.... then again a werewolf might use a special occasion, preferably a televised one, to broadcast existence to the world... If people knew about it it would eventually just fade away into something commonplace.

ie. public view of homosexuality 1950 vs. public view of homosexuality today. Acceptance will (most likely) come with time
That's assuming that other werewolves come forward. And regardless of whether they do or not, the first one to come forward is also the most likely to get killed.

Really, unless you were absolutely suicidal, why would you put yourself at risk by letting the entire world know that you're a werewolf?
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Maybe because said person got fed up with being a guinea pig to an organization prone to conspiracies.

Anyway, as ludicrous as it seems, Terastas, i'm pretty sure that there would be a lot more people who would do just that by coming to Oprah or Dr. Phil than you might think. Besides, people's actions in reality is unscripted.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

kitetsu wrote:Maybe because said person got fed up with being a guinea pig to an organization prone to conspiracies.
Somebody's been reading Scott's novel I see.
XIV
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:Maybe because said person got fed up with being a guinea pig to an organization prone to conspiracies.

Anyway, as ludicrous as it seems, Terastas, i'm pretty sure that there would be a lot more people who would do just that by coming to Oprah or Dr. Phil than you might think. Besides, people's actions in reality is unscripted.
That's assuming Oprah and/or Dr. Phil believe them, much less are willing to support them when they know next to nothing about them.

Guys, there is a world of difference between confessing "I have an attraction to the same gender" and "I have a unique condition that makes me shapeshift into a strange half-man half-wolf thing." There are no easy ways to a normal life for a werewolf.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

The werewolf would just have to call out sick and apologize profusely.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend