Hello folks!

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Hello folks!

Post by takyoji »

Hello everyone, I've been dying to join this forum since one of my biggest interests is wolves. However pathetically I've never actually seen a wolf in my life.

One of my talents is photography, I'm kind of between being an amateur and professional. So one of my goals is to take a brilliant image of a wolf and post it on deviantART, then I can die in peace. Yet I'm in the southern portion of Minnesota (Ely, Minnesota is where the International Wolf Center is by the way) which doesn't really have a grey wolf population for all I know and I live in town.

Wolves and werewolves are one of my main interests (as mentioned above) yet in person I'm actually rather shy to admit it to someone else. However at the same time I am very shy in person now. The concept of werewolves is rather interesting, yet I just hate the thought of the crappy old Hollywood view of it as you could say. It's actually one of the things I usually think about during the daytime if something important isn't consuming my thoughts.

So yea, I'm on deviantART but I'm starting to become a little more critical of my work I suppose, thus I haven't posted anything in ages. It's mainly photography and very basic 3d modeling/rendering. I feel that I shouldn't call it "art" since it doesn't exactly portray a thought or emotion it's just objects and isn't very creative. I'd also love to eventually get back into the habit of drawing which I scarcely do. And I believe this is the 4th forum I'm a part of (excluding 2 forums I admin, which have no such thing as a spam problem now) however this will most likely be one of the main forums I visit and no I honestly don't visit 4 forums, I've lost interest in 2 of them and 1 of them died which all were on a very different type of topic.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

Welcome, I am myself new also so, it's really nice to meet other new people.

I once heard a say that goes like this:

"There is no art, just artists" and until the moment, I haven't quite figured out what it means, but what I get is that the point is that you are an artist.

:nohowling:
Silver Predator Wolf
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Le plus innocent votre sourire, le plus sauvage mon amour pour vous.

Post by Silver Predator Wolf »

Yo! Welcome to the forum! Hope you will enjoy your stay with us! :)
A healthy woman is much like a wolf: Both social creatures, longing for pack mates, intelligent, communicative, wild, gentle, playful, capable of great strength, fiercely loyal, territorial, and beautiful.
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

:welcome: Cannot wait to check out your artwork, you will have fun here, it always tends to happen. :P
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

hay there, and welcome!!!! love your DA!! 8)
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

welcome to the pack

-howls-
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Gasp! Am I special or something? I haven't been attacked with rubber duckies.

Otherwise thank you all for the replies, and for the 2 watches I've received on deviantART since the last actual one was on July 20th, 2007. I also plan to be active in discussions, so don't worry I won't just mysteriously disappear or something like usual newbies do. The last forum I was on I had a post count of 271 which is decent. However it's usually those who reply in the introductory type of boards are the ones who have a much higher post count. (A friend of mine has a post count of 2,521 mainly because he was on the newbie board of that forum)

Another fun little fact is that I guess I was born on the night of a new moon which apparently back then they believed that if you were born on a new moon, that you were a werewolf. (Have any of you read the whole wiki on werewolves?) My birthday is in January which is the month of the wolf moon.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Glad to hear it and welcome to the pack Hairy one. :D :howl:  :oo
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

takyoji wrote:I haven't been attacked with rubber duckies.
O RLY? :ducktoss3:
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Hello, welcome to the original werewolf pack! Your DA account doesn't have that much pageviews, but seeing your photography skills, they are pretty good.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Welcome, pull up a screen and get comfortable. You say you haven't seen the Cousins, and yet you live near the IWC? Get thee Hence! They are even more amazing in the snow.
Glad you're here...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
lone-wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Fursona Of Taras WolfMoon

Post by lone-wolf »

Hiya and :welcome: your photographic skills rock, hope to see some more in the future.
"The Wolf Is The Strength Of The Pack And The Pack Is The Strength Of The Wolf"
~~Rudyard Kipling
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.