A-Kon baby!

General convention type stuff.
akujiwolf

A-Kon baby!

Post by akujiwolf »

Well I spent Saturday and Sunday at A-Kon promoting Freeborn and lemme tell you it was awesome! I met Figarou, Scott Gardner and I believe its Ariana and another girl but unfortunately I didn't catch her username. Her real name is Eva and she brought an amazing wolf suit that she made herself. She's an extremely talented artist as well. :D Anyways, A-Kon went great and we're pretty sure that Request and Cashel are going to be going to Anthrocon as well and I'm sure A. Brownrigg or I will keep updating with info on that. Just wanna say it went great and I was very suprised at the outpour of positive feedback that we got concerning the Freeborn project.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Of course it was awesome!!! :howl:  :oo

I loved every minute of it!!! :D

It was great talking to you akujiwolf!!! I hope to see you again next year!!! Enjoy the miniature werewolf I gave you!!

I'll see if I post the video of us and Eva with her werewolf suit in this thread.

Keep an eye out for it. :wink:
Rooster Urlakane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rooster Urlakane »

:o :howl:  :oo
bombs and more,
lets hit the floor.
sleep deprived and betrayed
lets be very...very...afraid.
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Ahahaha! I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing....it was just so....erm.....well I don't know. A funny situation I suppose. But it was very fun and Shadowsabre's art is absolutely amazing. Her detail is incredible and the outfit was awesome.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:Ahahaha! I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing....it was just so....erm.....well I don't know. A funny situation I suppose.
Of course it was funny!! I didn't know you was laughing until I put this video together. Made me start laughing as well. :D

akujiwolf wrote:But it was very fun and Shadowsabre's art is absolutely amazing. Her detail is incredible and the outfit was awesome.

It sure is!! I like her art and that costume. So soft to the touch!! :D
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

That clip is great, looks like you all had way too much fun!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Bete wrote:That clip is great, looks like you all had way too much fun!
You better believe it!!

Fun fun fun and lots of it!! :D
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

:D Hiya Akuji!

YES! I had an absolute blast at Akon and I loved meeting many of you there ^__^. I had met ShadowSaber there the year before - her costumework really is phenomenal 0.o.

Still a bit wiped from the trip, and finding piles of things that need to be done now that I'm back, but WOW! Such a great trip! :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

OK, lets have details from the trip! Need a good story time :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

*Sits down for story time.* I'm just absolutly jealous of the fun all of you must of had!

That costume is amazing! Oh I wish I could make myself one. Happy ya'll had a fun time!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Great music! The video was specatcular! I'm still clueless as to what happened (I couldn't get away from work....).

Now I'm going to go sit down and listen to Killer Cuts for awhile - I haven't heard that music for... oh heck. A lot of years. At least eight.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Baphnedia wrote:Great music! The video was specatcular! I'm still clueless as to what happened (I couldn't get away from work....).

Now I'm going to go sit down and listen to Killer Cuts for awhile - I haven't heard that music for... oh heck. A lot of years. At least eight.
Yup, that music is perfect for ending my videos!! I love it!! :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

A-Kon

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm downloading the video now; I haven't seen it yet. I'm still in fact recovering from A-Kon. All of you were great, and the Brownriggs (both husband and wife) were spectacular as well.

Some convention guests appear briefly for autographs and offer brief appearances where they quietly nod while you gush over their work, and then plod off. Such was not the case with Anthony or his wife Megan. Even though both of them were being put to work throughout the con (Megan has been an A-Kon staff member for several years, and Anthony was getting put into all kinds of stuff--I saw him hosting the charity auction (Four hundred and one!)--he was as approachable and sociable as the people who drove over with you or shared your room. He treated us as though we co-wrote the movie.

Figarou, you're much scarier in person, especially with a duckie in hand! It was great sharing the convention with you, and I'll certainly treasure the figure you gave me.

Arania, I'm glad I got to see you as well. Your artwork is good; you might want to start pestering some of the big names about marketing strategies and commercial art, so you can in future years be inside the dealer's room.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: A-Kon

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote: Figarou, you're much scarier in person, especially with a duckie in hand! It was great sharing the convention with you, and I'll certainly treasure the figure you gave me.
After you see the video, you won't consider me scary. :D

But you're right. once I have a ducky in my hand, you better be scared!!

Muwa ha ha ha ha!!! :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I saw it! Cute, but not toxically so like the Furries. You're a pretty remarkable video editor!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:I saw it! Cute, but not toxically so like the Furries. You're a pretty remarkable video editor!
Why thank you!! Wait till you get my DVD!!!

Its called.....Project A-kon 16 The Pack Edition DVD :howl:  :oo
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Arania wrote::D Hiya Akuji!

YES! I had an absolute blast at Akon and I loved meeting many of you there ^__^. I had met ShadowSaber there the year before - her costumework really is phenomenal 0.o.

Still a bit wiped from the trip, and finding piles of things that need to be done now that I'm back, but WOW! Such a great trip! :D
so I take it you don't live in Texas then. Glad you had fun. And your artwork is really good as well. I love the pic you did of Tsume from Wolf's Rain.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:OK, lets have details from the trip! Need a good story time :D
I plan on telling you guys everything from my point of view. Right now I'm busy trying to put a DVD video together on my computer. Its taking quite a while to edit all the footage I have.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Hehe :lol:

That is a rather nice costume. 8)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote:Hehe :lol:

That is a rather nice costume. 8)
You can see the full version at her site.

http://shadowsaber.deviantart.com/

She was wearing part of it so she can get out of it easy. It does get quite hot in that thing.
Apharoh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enemy of The Gnomes

Post by Apharoh »

I got to stab and bushwack Fig... Im happy.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apharoh wrote:I got to stab and bushwack Fig... Im happy.
If only I had that duckie in hand. Then I could say..."I got to toss a duckie at Apharoh."

But since your a werepenguin, a fish would be better.

Apharoh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enemy of The Gnomes

Post by Apharoh »

you dare to insult me with your medioquer salmon... Throw a trout they taste better
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

i was at akon but that was before i was a pack member. i was at the "independent filmaking jiggy" w/ my older brother. i think i talked to anthony a wee bit more than i did to you. no offense. i'm really glad i went. i probably wouldn't have caught it if my bro hadn't mentioned it. i'm glad he did though. the fates have brought me to the pack. everthing happens for a reason.

-question-filled kid in black vest-
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ok, day one at A-kon.

After parking my truck in the parking garage, I went looking for the pre-registration booth. After getting my badge, I went to where ABrownrigg was at and waited for that section to open. Once it opened, I went straight to him. We said hi and talked for a little bit. He then showed me the teaser trailer. I seen it twice before I made my comment.

Silver wasn't around at the time. So I decided to look around in the dealers room for a bit. Then I went downstairs looking for Arania. Couldn't find her. I went back up to the Freeborn booth and saw Silver. What shocked me was the color of her hair!! Why did it shock me? Because the miniature female werewolf I gave her had the same redish hair color!! She was shocked herself when she noticed the hair color on the miniature!! She said to ABrownrigg, "Now this is what they need to look like!!" "Can you give this to Tim?"

Silver had other things to do. So I went back down looking for Arania. I got a call from Scott saying that he was there at the convention. I still couldn't find Arania. Tried calling her on the cell phone. Since there was so many people, she couldn't hear the phone. I went back to the Freeborn booth. Ah!! There she was!! Along with Scott!!! I gave them thier gifts as well. I gave Arania a small wolf statue and Scott a werewolf miniature.

Mr. Brownrigg put me to work on my 1st day. A-konTV needed some volunteers. Ok, I did. I was working with a MiniDV camera during the opening ceremonies. It was ok. Thing is, I couldn't leave from it. The people from Request finally arrived at A-kon. I was stuck with that camera. I'm glad ABrownrigg got me out of it because I didn't want to be there all night. We went for Chinese food. They ran out of almost everything!! The con goers cleaned him out!! All he had left was fried rice and chicken. Thats fine by me because I was hungry!! We ate. Talked about werewolves and stuff. Heh, that was my 1st time talking about werewolves at the dinner table!! Thats something I don't do everyday.

Day 2

Duckie tossing!!! Scott came up to me and showed the duckie he had. Heh, I had to toss it at ABrownrigg!! In all of the excitment, I forgot to capture it on tape. I turned it on before ABrownrigg tossed it at the other guy at the next table.

I stayed at the booth promoting Freeborn. I was also a Pack representative. :D Cory Turner and Akujiwolf showed up. I gave them thier miniature werewolves. After that, I gave Abrownrigg his miniature werewolves. A male and female werewolf. But thats not all!!I suprised him with this!! You should've seen his reaction when I gave him that!! After that we went to the Filmmaker panel. Interesting stuff he said there.

After the panel, I went back to the booth. Artman showed up. I gave him his miniature werewolf as well. They all loved it!! :D

Day 3

Not much going on. Stayed at the booth again. I think that was the day I was interviewed for being a Pack member.

I had lots of fun!!! I'll try and go again next year. But I'm not sure if I'm going to stay 3 days. My hotel bill was $358.12 OUCH!!! But it was worth it!!

:D :duckie
Last edited by Figarou on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.