Public reaction to a permanent Werewolf?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Now would be a very good time to "shatter reality". More and more theoretical research is being de-funded because "It's pointless-silly-nonsense-etc".
Fact is that Einstein was wrong in several places; only nobody seems to care. Relativity is nice, safe, and dependable. Chaos theory and Quantum Mechanics are dangerous and risky, and lead to unsettling answers.
Never mind that Quantum Mechanics is a part of the Computer I'm using right now. Never mind that Chaos Theory says there are multiple manifolds (universes) and Gravity is a degererate force not native to this Universe...and it has been proven right time and again.
Relativity is comfortable, so we go with relativity; correct or not.

A Werewolf isn't a relativistic creature. It's Chaotic. That much change of that much mass isn't relativistic, either: it's Quantum.

It was comfortable Physics that a five pound weight fell five times as fast as a one pound weight, until Gallileo and Newton proved it wasn't so.
They were both "Werewolves", by the way-in the sense that a Werewolf's existence proves we don't know as much as we think we do. We need to re-investigate.
Most "investigation" now consists of either confirming what we already know, or trying to fit the "Werewolf" into a Brooks Brothers suit. There are always the odd ones who do things like proving that there are eleven dimesions, not ten-or just four. They're "Werewolves" too.

We need "Werewolves" because we are so darn certain we either know everything-or can figure it out relativistically, given proper funding.

What should a Werewolf be? A demand to see what's real, not what's theoretical and comfy. Real is scary, and can change shape-just like a Werewolf.
Okay- I've said it, and stayed somewhat on-thread. Relatively, of course.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

cumulusprotagonist wrote:Honestly, you don't know how people would react. (Some but not all.) However, now probably is not the best time to shatter the illusion of "reality." Or maybe I should say shatter it again (9/11).
9/11 is another inaccurate comparison because, just like with the minority comparison, we knew terrorism existed long before we saw it too. We knew it was happening -- we just never thought it would happen to us or on that level. Except for those right there at ground zero, most of us didn't even go through the panic phase -- we started off watching it on the news in "shock and horror" mode, and within a half-hour, most of us had concluded that we were "under attack," and if you were like me, you may have even concluded it was Osama's doing within an hour of learning of the attack.

Really, I would love to meet the person that was so dumb they thought terrorism and militant Islam were make believe just like werewolves. :P

I think RedEye has a better comparison in mind, although I'd like to point out that just because quantum mechanics is not yet unproven does not necessarily mean it is true. There are, however, already those that swear by it as the absolute truth, some of which are experts, and some of which are just pulling it out of their arse and making it up as they go along.

What I'm alluding to is that there are people that claim werewolves exist and that they know everything about them too, some of which may be legitimate, but most of which are just making it up as they go as well. If the great majority were to suddenly learn that what they thought to be true was wrong, they would try to ease themselves by finding answers for the millions of questions it raises, and it would be those self-proclaimed werewolf experts that many of them would turn to.

That's when the real mayhem starts. That will be when the religious maniacs start calling for Christian government, maybe even eradication of all non-supporters.

That will be when all the nutcases that would have eventually shot up their school and/or workplace instead start lining up to get infected (whether the werewolf wants to or not) so they can go all Darkwolf on their neighborhoods.

That will be when the werewolves actually let the CIA take them in for experimentation so they can get the hell away from both of them. :P
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

We can already make a pretty solid guess about the publics reaction. I think a better question would be... what would the reaction be from people on this forum? We're all werewolf "fans," but I'd love to see how prepared we really are for such a revelation. Would this forum still exist? How strong would our denial be, our disbelief? Would we go on a "pilgrimage" to try and meet the werewolf? When all is said and done, who would actually try to become werewolves themselves, if it were possible?
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Here's another possibility to add to the above by Berserker:

Suppose we found out that there had been (as part of the above) Werewolves on this board, keeping track of the silly humans?

This would be the perfect place to set out dis-information to protect the theoretical "Secret". We would be the most likely to figure out if Were's actually existed, based on what we already have--unless there's been some careful mis-leading.

A place like this would be the perfect place to hide...in plain sight! :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

RedEye wrote: A place like this would be the perfect place to hide...in plain sight! :lol:
A place like this would be perfect for a sexual internet predator to hide. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Berserker wrote:I think a better question would be... what would the reaction be from people on this forum?
Two words: "Prove it."
Berserker wrote:How strong would our denial be, our disbelief?
I've got a whole lot of scepticism ready and waiting...
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Preeeee-cisely! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoseMacska
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by RoseMacska »

In the story I'm working on I am thinking of having a character "stuck in animal form" (or after reading this board it's probably more of a gestalt form). It would be hard and this character would be outcast by many in their were community and pure human society, looking too human as a pure human/were-panther hybrid for the were-panthers especially those who hate humans and way too cat like to fit into human society.

I would imagine even an open minded and understanding human friend might be tempted to make "cat jokes" or "pull on whiskers" and such to see if it's not some kind of mask or surgical alteration like people who have fake vampire teeth made or in the case of this one woman had plastic surgery to try to make herself look like a living Barbie doll.

Oh and awkward questions could easily come up when the human reveals yes, this is her child by birth not "adopted" or "created in a lab". For example, the pure human friend would really wonder about the father and how that relationship works!

Many of these problems could still be the case for a bitten/infected were stuck in their animal or gestalt form.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
RedEye wrote: A place like this would be the perfect place to hide...in plain sight! :lol:
A place like this would be perfect for a sexual internet predator to hide. :lol:
Like...Huh? Why would a SIP hide here? There are a lot better websites to"hide" in than this one. There are too many curious Mods and Admins for stuff like that. That's what's good about this board. WE're watching you (sounds like a good name for a song...)
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Midnight wrote:
Berserker wrote:I think a better question would be... what would the reaction be from people on this forum?
Two words: "Prove it."
Berserker wrote:How strong would our denial be, our disbelief?
I've got a whole lot of scepticism ready and waiting...
Problem is that if a Werewolf posted a movie of them shifting, we'd say "nice CA work" and not believe them.
If one showed up at you house and shifted, that migh be believable, but we don't give out addresses here , either.
That's what would keep them safe and hidden; we'd always find a reason to say "nice, but FAKE!"
Exactly what they want, isn't it? :lol:
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

RedEye wrote:
A place like this would be the perfect place to hide...in plain sight! :lol:
*stares at RedEye suspiciously*

??
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Oh only if it was that easy Howlitzer. :|
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

I say we could all live in the shadows and come out only at night or like me and show and prove yourself not a murderous maybe the humans will change there minds about us . Being a werewolf can sometimes be good or bad depending on the attitude or mental state that were is in.
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: You mess with one wolf, you mess with the pack.
Location: MN, USA...Actually, standing outside your window...watching...waiting...Get off the internet!

Post by Megs »

I'm writing a novel and of course werewolves do walk in plain sight. I haven't narrowed down what sort of laws yet, but I have a general idea...I guess. If a werewolf shifted in plain sight on TV to A LOT of viewers, people would freak out but then there would be those people who believe it was fake because...It's just TV, right? How long would this "freak out" stage last as more and more werewolves show up? How long would it take for scientists attempt to figure out how a "werewolf works?" I bet werewolves would be experimented on :( It would start out like that thing with AIDS. People would be afraid to send their children to school and so on. It would be chaotic for probably years and years till finally everything settles down where people won't freak when they have a neighbor as a werewolf.
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

if the humans are fibble minded then yeah they'll freak out lol
just ask my neighbors when they found me howling in my back yard lol
Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Location: MN, USA...Actually, standing outside your window...watching...waiting...Get off the internet!

Post by Megs »

Hehehe I guess this neighborhood watches each other, but we're so distant. o.O I don't even know anyone's name. :? Oh well...Maybe someone here is a homicidal psychopath and I don't know...Maybe I'm a psychopath... :eyeroll3: Muhahahaha
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

hehe i know lol
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

ya like me, i'm a nice guy, but i might kill people for fun, just to see them bleed and scream. ok that was off topic, don't want this getting deraild like my first topic. :|
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Megs »

Haha Okay...How would a werewolf show itself to public anyway? Show up on Oprah and shift? :lol: Everyone loves Oprah, she gives away all the cool stuff. Or would one be really angry for being experimented on, escape Area 57, start slaughtering a people here and there? Wouldn't the government try to hide it?
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

Not if i don't get caught...... i mean you. lol
Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Megs »

Me? :) I have nothing to hide. "I'm sorry, officer, I have no idea how those mutilated bodies ended up in my basement..." :D
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

i do i ate them lol
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

And boy whatever they had for dinner was good too....Pitty it gave me bad gas. :lol:
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

lol thats funny **busts guts laughing**
ohhhhh i busted my own guts coool lol jking
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Okeez...

Let's get back on track with "What would the public reaction to a Permanent Werewolf be?"

Not "what would be the reaction to a Werewolf Permanent that shifts and eats your head when the moon is full..." Okay?
:lol: