A website that I made.

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

A website that I made.

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I made a business website for a small local arcade near where I live. I also had a lot of help with the java script and making the banner from a friend of mines.

Please tell me what you think of it. :D
http://knightskove.com/

PS: Its not 100% done.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

That's a really good design! Better than I could ever do >.>
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

Overall a really nice site, I especially like the flash banner!

arbiter.gif -> sweet!
mcpic3.gif -> sweeeeet!
gearsofwar2.gif -> mixed thoughts on this one. the pose seems a bit dull compared to the rest of the gifs, and despite the light background, you can clearly make out the white border on top of his head and shoulders. same goes for the bioshock2.gif. urks... what about another flash plugin there? way easier, way softer in my opinion. and you avoid the transparent gifs :D

Copyright Knights Kove 2007 - the font for that note should be adapted to the font-family: Arial, Helvetica, as used on the txt overall as well.
Talking about that, what program did you use to make the site? it appears you manually set the font on each page. why not create a css file for those? keeps your source clean mate! :)

but overall really nice! keep it up! hwlwnk
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

That's very good Shadow! :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Interesting design. My only critiques are that you need to have an alternate solution for the navigation on the left since they all are Flash documents, and people who have don't have flash or have it disable won't be able to navigate the website. It will also restrict crawlers like Googlebot and such from finding other pages which isn't a good thing in search engine optimization. A simple solution could be by having a footer that would contain the links in the navigation, but in a text-based format (via the <a> tag).
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

BTW this is the very first website I have ever made.

Miragh - Thanks, I am aware of some those images that have the white stick out and I thought I fixed it where I made the background color look similar to the banner. But I had a deadline since it was also part of my senior project. As for the CSS style sheets, if you mean templates; we had to abandon that unfortunately because firefox seems to hate flash on templates and so we decided not to go with the template which was a real bummer because now it will be harder to update. Also I used Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8 to make this site.

takyoji - as for the flash buttons thing, thats kind of too bad for them because now a days everyone should have their flash plugin enabled, theres no need for anyone to have it disabled really, theres probably a very small percentage of people with flash disabled which they are all numbskull's for doing it, besides this is only a small business in a small town so I wasn't worried about that. The Google Bot has already detected the site so dont worry. As for the footer solution, I'll look in to that, thanks :wink: .

Moonkit & Spongypants - Thanks for the compliment. :D

If you guys want to see how the site was before, I left most of the old site up to show in comparison for my senior project.

The site looks terrible before I made mines from scratch.
http://knightskove.com/index2
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Wow, the old one was awful. Impossible to read, excessive amounts of Halo... Good thing you changed it.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Well done, Shadow. Easy, instinctive, and informative...very nice!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...