AKON was GREAT

General convention type stuff.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

AKON was GREAT

Post by ABrownrigg »

WOW, what an experience.. It was a real treat to meet some pack members, have lunch, hang out, and generally talk werewolves. It for me was a new experience, as I was also a guest of A-Kon due to my voice work on Full Metal Alchemist, and Galaxy Railways. I got to sign a lot of autographs, and meet some very repspected fellow voice actors.

I even got to host the art auction, which lasted for four hours. (sheesh, I can hardly speak now)

Pleasure to meet you Figarou, Scott Gardener, and Arania. We even picked up a couple pack members along the way. ShadowSabre, and one other.

Overall, the teaser met with fantastic responses from the crowds. Every time it played folks stopped and watched. i can't tell you how many times they asked when it was coming out, and when they could get a copy. I even had folks offering to buy the teaser from me.

Not that I think the teaser is all that great, but it does show that we're making a werewolf movie that is NOT a horror film. That speaks volumes to a lot of folks.

Now to get ready for Anthrocon, that should be a very interesting experience.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Not only did I have a good time, I learned a few things. That film maker panel you did with Cory Turner was very interesting.

As for Anthrocon, remember what I said, bring that special brush that picks up fur from furniture. You may need to use it for your clothes when they get real close to you. :wink:
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

*smiles* It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Anthony, Figarou, Silver, Scott, and many many others! It really was a fantastic weekend, and I can't wait to watch as things really pull together.
I wish I could make it to Anthrocon!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Sounds like you all had fun, I loathe the fun you must of had. Anthrocon sounds like fun, not like I'm making it anyway. Its a good thing people liked the teaser, and I sappose you should take Fig's advice.
:lol:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

*rubs paws together* Yesssss, AC. We should have a pack dinner or party or something as my a** will be chained in the dealer's room until after it closes. Thus, no lunch or anything, and I probably won't have much time to hang out and talk until afterwards.

Anyone up for that?
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Poor Goldenwolf :(
I'd be up for that :D Always up for a pack party 8)
(I'll bring the cocconuts :wink: )
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Goldenwolf wrote:*rubs paws together* Yesssss, AC. We should have a pack dinner or party or something as my a** will be chained in the dealer's room until after it closes. Thus, no lunch or anything, and I probably won't have much time to hang out and talk until afterwards.

Anyone up for that?
We all had dinner with ABrownrigg and Silver. It was chinese. Thing is, that resturant ran out of almost everything on the menu!! Most of the convention goers went there to eat. All they had left was fried rice with chicken. Still, we had a great time.

I bought lunch for ABrownrigg and Silver the next day. Sure felt good to buy them a meal.

Oh!! You should've seen Silver when I gave the gift I brought for her!! It was a female miniature werewolf. I gave everyone a gift there. Including the Pack members!!

A touching moment happened when Silver opened hers. The miniture and Silver had the same redish hair color!! I never seen a picture of Silver. Nobody told me anything about her hair color!! Yet the miniature and Silver was a perfect match!! WOW!!! :o
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Awwwwwwwwwwwww :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwwww :D
I happen to have it on video!!! :o
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Goldenwolf wrote:*rubs paws together* Yesssss, AC. We should have a pack dinner or party or something as my a** will be chained in the dealer's room until after it closes. Thus, no lunch or anything, and I probably won't have much time to hang out and talk until afterwards.

Anyone up for that?
Oughta be cool. Set it up, see who all can come.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Sounds great by me.
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

i was another pack member that hopped on at a-kon. i have to thank my brother for bringing me to anthony's independent filmmaking thing. if not for him, this may not have happened. i believe i saw figarou, and i saw silver with anthony in their matching clothes which i thought looked really hardcore. i think that was on saturday if i'm not mistaken. i'm happy to know i'm not the only pack member picked up there. i was feeling kind of bad, you know, because most people here stumbled onto it on their own accord and love of werewolves, and though i love werewolves, i wasn't really as involved because i hadn't found a suitable forum, not to mention i just started getting on them again for the first time in several years. i may have seen some more of you there, just not known. i have shaggy black hair and was in a black vest. for those who went to anthony's filmmaking thing, i was the one asking all the questions ("i'm the one asking the questions here!" hehe). i saw the art show and it looked pretty good.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I went to the filmmakers panel to see if I can learn something from it. I'm also glad I taped it. Interesting stuff. Now I know whats its like to become one. :D
Youshou

Post by Youshou »

I suppose you can count me in as a casualty of A-kon as well. :)

I've actually been an anonymous lurker on this board since early January, when Anthony called me up (the day after I returned from Asia even!) to tell me about its overwhelming success. For a while, my interests here were mostly on the professional level, but now that I've had a chance to see the camaraderie that you all share, I couldn't help but be thoroughly impressed on the personal level too. Plus the pendants that Tony and Maegan were wearing for The Pack were so awesome looking, I wanted one for myself! :wink:

I wish I could have gotten the chance to meet with those of you who showed up at the show. I assume that you were the group that hung out at the Cashel exhibit hall booth for a while over the weekend. I'm pretty certain I saw you guys on a few of my flybys, but I was busy running my own booth and trying to coordinate things in the exhibit hall at the same time.

Allow me to introduce myself -- my name is Joe Chan, I'm a member of Living Room Games, producers of the Digital Burn RPG. I'm also a member of the A-kon executive staff, responsible for exhibit hall sales and corporate relations. All the work that I currently do is very much influenced by fandom, so whenever I see a group of fans become deeply involved in helping to further their hobby, I become quite ecstatic.

While I can't admit to be nearly as much a werewolf fan as you guys are, your enthusiasm is totally contagious! I look forward to seeing Freeborn myself and to see the Pack grow.

--
Joe Chan
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I fixed your post, Youshou. :D

The guest is gone. :wink:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Thanks, Youshou, and welcome to The Pack.

I was the guy with weirdly colored shirts and long hair that was just starting to bald up top.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...

Post by Guest »

Hey Gang

I've been to a few Conventions this year, Haunt-con being the biggest. Myself and my buddies from HauntedMedia.com were lucky enough to film at Haunted Verdun Manor. A haunted house in texas that opened in April exclusievly for The convetion goers. Usually its only open in Sept and Oct. Its main draws are the wickedly awesome werewolves so that was alot of fun. The reason im bringging this up is because I'd like to attend a Con that Anthony will be at. I just went to fango In california and man was that a big let down. Nothing at all on werewolves. Just Zombies. How boring is that. I did see a really good film called lighting bug but thats another topic. Anyway Im guessing that A-con is animation con and im not all that into animation so what kinda con does Anthony usually frequent?
Lucifer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucifer »

Thats my post above. Please excuse my computer ineptness. I did not mean to post as a guest. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lucifer The Werewolf. I reside in the ghost town of Calico Located in Knotts Scary Farm during the month of October when the veil thins. This is me and a buddy of mine shakin down a guest last year. You may recognize him.

Lucifer
TrotFox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by TrotFox »

Late to the party... again. Too many posts to look through! I was also wrangled by the excelent teaser at Akon.

Lucifer,
Is that a Wolf studios suit? It looks like their style... I once had the oportunity to try one on and while the head wouldn't fit over my skull the rest of the suit was TOP NOTCH!

Trot, the gray, fox...
Lucifer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucifer »

No its not from wolf studios. I made the body myself. Its Hockey pads I covered with fur and store bought monster hands I modified to be able to slide. The mask has evolved over the years I started with a piece from Death Studios. It was more of an art piece than a usable mask though so I made quite a few modifications to it. The last two years I have been using a sock mask version that a friend of mine casted and sculpted. It works awsome now and I hardly know im wearing it. I just recently visited Verdun Manor and talked with the two werewolves that still work there. The suits they use are awesome but they would be way to hot for what I do at Knotts.
Lucifer
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

OMG! I was so there! (I wish I saw this thread earlier.) A-Kon 16 was a blast. I did get the opportunity to meet the boss man behind the Freeborn movie. Sorry I can't remember his name. I'm still new to these forums and to the whole Freeborn fan group. All I know is, with his cool looks, he may as well be a werewolf himself. Don't try and look innocent with the whole 'red kimono' rutine.
Well, if the Director I met is reading this, I'd like to thank you for telling me about these forums, your movie, and about "The Pack". I hope I will one day soon become a member. What? You don't remember me? Well... here's my costume that matches my avitar... Professor Kaebora Quaizar. Bio-Engineering Scientist.
Although I've moved to New Mexico last month, I'm still flying over to attend A-Kon 17. Are you guys going to be down there again?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:OMG! I was so there! (I wish I saw this thread earlier.) A-Kon 16 was a blast. I did get the opportunity to meet the boss man behind the Freeborn movie. Sorry I can't remember his name. I'm still new to these forums and to the whole Freeborn fan group. All I know is, with his cool looks, he may as well be a werewolf himself. Don't try and look innocent with the whole 'red kimono' rutine.
Well, if the Director I met is reading this, I'd like to thank you for telling me about these forums, your movie, and about "The Pack". I hope I will one day soon become a member. What? You don't remember me? Well... here's my costume that matches my avitar... Professor Kaebora Quaizar. Bio-Engineering Scientist.
http://www.croeder.net/photos/kaeboracostume.jpg
Although I've moved to New Mexico last month, I'm still flying over to attend A-Kon 17. Are you guys going to be down there again?
oh...you was there at A-kon? Hmmmm...Its possible I may have seen you. I spent most of my Saturday at the Freeborn booth. I felt great being a Pack Representative at the convention. I don't mind doing it again!! I'll be there at A-kon 17!! :howl:  :oo
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Kaebora:
I'd like to thank you for telling me about these forums, your movie, and about "The Pack". I hope I will one day soon become a member.
Seeing your post here, it looks like you're in.

:borgwolf: --"From this time forward, all your base are belong to us."

:scottywolf: --"Mr. Crusher, move Zig..."

...to be continued
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Then I get one of those SWEET necklace pendants that I've seen?! Kewl!!
:o
LoL, beside the point though, those necklaces are cool, but I'm sure they hold greater meaning among the die-hard Pack members. Thus I wont accept one if offered, unless I feel I am indeed (finally) one of you.

When can I be sure that time is? Well, in other forums I'm in there's kind of a telepathic communication that says it all. Ex: "You know that thing you did that that guy? I would have thrown cheddar at him!" "Totally! That was nasty!" (And... that might be a quote from a post of mine somewhere, who knows. LoL!)
:P
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

hey i'm planning to go to the next AKON but i don't know where it is and when. can some body hook me up with some info because i would reallly would like to go. :)
THE GAME

My Armory