pagan/folk metal

From bands to orchestral to pop music! Shoobie doobie doo wop!! Talk about...... pop pop pop music!!!
Marine 49
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: terminator(no, not from the film)

pagan/folk metal

Post by Marine 49 »

just thought i'd put this up.

to those who dont know pagn metal and folk metal is metal but also uses traditional instruments such as accordions, fiddles, and other such native musical equipment. they also use different styles of play, such as the hampaa(finnish polka). elements of black metal are also present, such as heavy use of double base drums and blast beats. this gives to a very refreshing and often upbeat feel to the music. if u are sick and tired of what mainstream pumps out, give this a shot.

two bands i would reccommend are finntroll, and moonsorrow, the former being troll metal( because its about trolls and their nasty ways, so black metal influence is abound here.) the later is a viking metal band, whose song lengyhs in recent albums go as far as 35 mins. dont be daunted though, the music is full of atmosphere and well worth the time listening.

my only advice is that these two bands sing in different languages(swedish and finnish respectively) so if are not keen on that then they may not be for u, but for those who just listen to the music and not the lyrics, this shouldnt pose much of a problem.

albums to take a look at if u have time

jaktens tid( finntroll)
nattfodd(finntroll)
Ur jordens Djup( finntroll)

Suden Uni (moonsorrow)
Verisakeet( moonsorrow)
Kivenkantaja(moonsorrow)
Voimasta Ja Kunniasta(moonsorrow)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I have a signed poster on my wall from Korpiklaani from the Graspop-festival in Belgium. I didn't get to hear much from they'r live-performance though, but I did get to go to the signing-session.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

http://www.myspace.com/paganfest

Every band on this festival is highly recommended, although I think Moonsorrow is the weakest of the bunch.