Repo! The Genetic Opera

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Repo! The Genetic Opera

Post by Gevaudan »

A rock musical directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, and distributed by Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures (the same distributors who did the Saw movies). It's expected to be released April 25, 2008.

UPDATE: It has been changed to a limited theatrical release, starting November 7, 2008.

Here's the plot, taken from Wikipedia: An epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Panic erupts and scientists feverishly make plans for a massive organ harvest. Out of the tragedy, GeneCo, a multi-billion dollar biotech company, emerges. GeneCo provides organ transplantation for a profit. In addition to financing options, GeneCo reserves the right to implement default remedies, including repossession. For those who can't keep up with their organ payments, collection is the responsibility of "organ repo men", skilled assassins contracted by GeneCo, ordered to recover GeneCo's property by any means necessary.

:evil:

At the heart of the story is Shilo Wallace (Alexa Vega), a 17 year-old girl with a rare blood disease. She has been kept locked up and protected in her house, where she is guarded from the outside world by her father, Nathan Wallace (Anthony Head). While Shilo struggles with her wish to leave the house and experience the outside world, Nathan struggles with his secret job as the Repo Man, and more specifically, his next target, a woman named Blind Mag (Sarah Brightman). Blind Mag, an opera singer, was a friend of Nathan's now-deceased wife, and is Shilo's godmother.

The Largo family, consisting of GeneCo president Rotti (Paul Sorvino), his daughter Amber (Paris Hilton), and his two sons Luigi and Pavi (Bill Moseley and Nivek Ogre, respectively), have their own plans. Rotti is dying, and the three siblings bicker and fight about who is to take the role as head of GeneCo. But, disappointed with his own children, Rotti takes an interest in Shilo.

The stories intertwine and merge at the GeneCo opera.

Starring Alexa Vega, Paul Sorvino, Paris Hilton, Bill Moseley, Anthony Stewart Head, Sarah Brightman, and Nivek Ogre.

Official website
Official website for the stage play
Unofficial website
Trailer
2nd Trailer
Secret pre-release soundtrack here (type in "geneco")
Last edited by Gevaudan on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Don't know what it is, but i'm 100% sure it

Kicks
a**!
:evillaugh: :headbanger:
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Sure sounds interesting to say the least. Im all for this new wave of musicals and bloodiness.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Sarah Brightman?!? She's a great singer, classically trained, who has done Andrew Lloyd Webber's material--Cats, Phantom of the Opera, and the like. Having her in a horror film is kind of unexpected, but I'm sure it'll be great.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Re: Repo! The Genetic Opera

Post by Gevaudan »

UPDATE!

Completely revamped website (with message board), new trailer, and songs to listen to (and download if you have RealPlayer or a similar program)!

Unfortunately, the release date has been moved (obviously) to November 7, and it has a limited release. Hopefully the reviews are good enough to warrant more theaters! The songs are still stuck in my head...
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Sounds interesting. However. . .
Gevaudan wrote:his daughter Amber (Paris Hilton)
That's all I need to hear to know that the movie is going to absolutely suck. You would think that after seeing the disaster that is The Hottie & The Nottie that they would have known better than to even consider Paris for an acting role, so the fact that she was not just considered but actually casted for it, that's a testament to how little concern they have for the acting quality.
:P
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Gevaudan »

Believe it or not, Paris isn't half bad. Her singing in the movie is admittedly mediocre, but not terrible. I think the rest of the cast more than makes up for anything Paris will do to make this movie worse, if at all. The rest of the cast is really talented, they sing beautifully, and it seems to me that the inclusion of Paris isn't going to make much of a difference. In fact, from most of what I've read, Paris gave a pretty good performance.

She plays a spoiled young daughter addicted to surgery. I think the role suits her perfectly. :)
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

On second thought...it doesnt really look interesting to me.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Sorry for necro-posting, but I bought this movie last week and it is awesome! :D

I loved it so much that I made Daniel a repo man costume for Halloween. :3