Deus Ex Machina

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

(FLASHBACK) Mark flying the rich couple to Las Vegas-Jan. 20

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

"Okay Mr. and Mrs. Howell", Mark told them as he landed the plane, "we have arrived in Las Vegas."
"Thanks Mark", Mr. Howell said, "for flying us out here for our anniversary, its been 46 years."
"Enjoy yourselves", Mark told them.
"Come pick us up when we call you", Mr Howell said, "I have an important meeting in New York I must go to, which I cannot be absent for."
"Will do Mr. Howell", Mark said as he was preparing the plane to leave.
"Are you sure you do not want to spend the night?", Mr. Howell asked, "there is a storm coming from the north".
"No thanks", Mark said, "I will be fine, see you in a few days."
The Howells went to the cab just as Mark went on the runway. Mark had an odd feeling in front of the cabby but brushed it off. He put the money Mr. Howell gave him in his wallet next to his best friend's pack's medallion. He then took off heading towards Chicago to where his apartment is.
Last edited by Defensorem Lupus on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

(Feb. 3) - (Feb. 21: Day TWO)

((OOC I am going to give this a try. If none of it makes sense I will explain))

Feb. 3

SPA Agent Gomez woke up to his cell phone ringing. He quickly changed into his human form and answered his cell to his partner who said that Anthony's pack was still being attacked and it just got worse; Mark Huntington's fiancee got killed when his apartment blew up. Chicago PD believe it was an accident but are still looking, along with FBI, for Mark in the connection of the Howell murders.
Gomez got off the phone and put some clothes on. He was going to meet his partner at Reagan National Airport. He was really not looking forward to working this chase; SPA had been through enough the past 4 years and did not need extra problems. He drove to the airport and met up with his partner.

Feb. 21 (Day TWO)

Gomez arrived at his office in D.C. early one morning to get a phone call from his partner. His partner told him that a plane was reported crashing in Yellow Stone National Park yesterday and that the Park Ranger by the name of John was taken from his apartment in West Yellow Stone this morning by a bunch of shady looking characters. His boss was found dead sometime after that and the werewolves there were on edge. Something big is happening his partner told Gomez before they ended the call.
Gomez was again really not looking forward to this. His got his things ready including his Desert Eagle firearm and left for the airport.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Demon Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ^(O.O)^

Post by Demon Wolf »

The floor starts to slow down and finally comes to a stop. The walls have changed to stone. One of the werewolves leads him through a maze of corridors that finally lead to into a small room. Sitting in the room was someone he never expected to see again; his sister, Lyn. "Lyn, is that you?!"John exclaims. "Hello John, how have you been?"Lyn asks"how did you get involved in this mess?"
Last edited by ~Black~Eyed~Angel~ on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see"- Dr.Weir -Event Horizon
ImageImage
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day TWO

Mark came out of the room with a small backpack slung over one shoulder. He got a few pairs of clothes and the medallion in it. Mark met Rafael, Gradamire, and Victer in the living room.
Victer gave Mark his shotgun.
"Why do I need this?", Mark asked, "What is going on?"
"I will tell you later", Rafael told him, "we are meeting up with the others by the crash site, sorry Mark but you are going to have to cover us."
As Mark stood there confused they changed into their wolf forms and ran out the door. Mark quickly loaded some shells and dashed after them. They were going in the same direction Mark went through before. Mark caught up with them and holding the shotgun ready to fire at something. After a very long run they made it to the crash site only to discover the plane gone.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Rafael keeps the shotgun at his shoulder, he then says "Ok, we need to sweep the area for scents and any possable trail of where t was taken" most of the group moves out, but Mark walks upto Rafael confused.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day TWO

Gomez was driving to the airport when a news broadcast came on the radio. The reporter was talking about another huge explosion at a Chicago high rise in Near North Side and an ensuing gun fight that occurred after ward. Gomez turned off the radio not wanting to hear anymore. It appears that there will never be a moment a peace. In all his ten years for working for SPA he has never been this stressed before. The only other time he as stressed was back in 1986 when he was ten.
Gomez continued to drive holding onto his Desert Eagle. He pulled into the airport parking lot and met his partner, Felice, by the security desk.
"They are splitting us up", Felice told Gomez, "I am going to Chicago while you go to Yellowstone."
They were loaded into separate helicopters and went to their destination's.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day TWO

"What is going on?", Mark demanded, "I do not know about you but I have to get to Chicago."
"Someone is attacking the park", Rafael told him, "and they had an inside man."
"Does it have to do with me?", Mark asked.
"That is a possibility", Rafael said, "You want to check on your friend and his pack?"
"Yeah", Mark told him, "I had a dream and I need to go."
"Alright", Rafael said to him, then to Victer, "Victer I am putting you in control, make sure nothing happens and look for the plane. Gradamire you are coming with us."
"You are coming?", Mark asked.
"You will not be able to do it alone", Rafael responded, "you are a wanted man, you are going need the help. I have a jeep ready, we will leave for West Yellowstone and go to Yellowstone Airport. We can get a plane and fly there."
Mark followed them to the jeep.
Last edited by Defensorem Lupus on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day TWO

Mark, Rafael, and Gradamire arrived at Yellowstone Airport at night. The airport seemed to be abandoned which was quite odd. Rafael showed Mark where the plane was and they prepared the Cessna 177 to leave. They took off and were headed east towards Chicago.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day TWO

It was late at night before the helicopter Gomez was on finally made it to Yellowstone National Park. Gomez was still gripping on to his Desert Eagle as they flew over the large park. As they were flying over Yellowstone Lake the helicopters back rotor blew up. This sent the helicopter into a spiral. Gomez was thrown forward causing his Desert Eagle to get jammed under one of the seats. He gripped on to the helicopter with all his strength but was thrown out of it. He free fell into the lake.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Flashback: Gomez joining SPA- Dec. 11, 1997

Gomez opened his mail box to see if he got the letter of confirmation from SPA. He took all of his mail with him in his apartment. They better accept me, Gomez thought to himself as he looked at all of the mail, I worked to hard at training not to be accepted. He finally found the letter. He put everything else aside on his table and placed the letter in front of him. He stared at it for minutes before he slashed it open. He carefully took out the paper and read what it said:

Congratulations! You have been appointed to the SPA position of Federal Agent. Your partner is Ernesta Angelo. You will begin work at the end of this week at the main headquarters in New York City.

Gomez threw that paper up in the air. His father would be so proud of him. Gomez started to cry at the thought of his father but his excitement brushed away all his memories. He ran out of his apartment building and caught the bus to Central Park. There he went to his private spot and changed into his wolf form. He spent the rest of the day running around.
Last edited by Defensorem Lupus on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. L. David Mech
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

Gradamire looked at the wolf running around and decided to join him in the celebration run "Im glad tthat you got accepted Gomaz" and i'm proud of you Gradamire runs over and nips his tail and plays fights twith Gomaz tumbling him to the ground then a knock at the door.
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day TWO to Day THREE

Mark landed that plane at Chicago Ohare Int'l Airport. Rafael, and Gradamire followed him to where his car was parked. The airport was busy as usual but there was tight security.
As they got to his car he saw that it was still in his spot. It has been there for the past month. Mark then remembered that he did not his keys. He broke one of the back windows and opened the doors. Rafael and Gradamire sat as Mark hot wired his car. It started and he drove out of the parking lot.
He drove to his apartment building at Mt. Prospect, or at least what remained of it. As he got out of his car all that he saw was the hollow shell of melted metal and concrete. He knelt down by the stone that Mark and his fiancee engraved the date that they bought the apartment. He started crying as the memory came back to him.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

(Flashback) Mark buying the apartment- July 4, 2006

Mark covered Amanda's eyes as he brought her to the surprise. As they approached their Mt. Prospect apartment his heart would not stop beating fast.
Mark placed Amanda right in front of the apartment and removed his hands. As Amanda was awe struck, Mark knelt down behind her pulled something out his pocket.
When Amanda turned around Mark said, "Would you marry me?"
Amanda jumped up and shouted, "YES!"
Mark then stood up, put the ring on her, and held her in his arms. After they kissed he brought her into the apartment where Anthony and his pack yelled surprise. As a home welcoming gift Anthony gave her a replica of Mark's medallion making her, a human, part of the pack. They then partied all into the night watching the fireworks.
Last edited by Defensorem Lupus on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

"Oh, I heard what happened, you know how word travels between packs plus the news helps" he jokes trying to lift Mark's spirit, but then noticing the sadness and backing off the subject. Rafael moves on and sniffs around the wreckage for any clue to who might be responsible. Then, from a glance, he notices something in the singed bushes beside the burnt out doorway.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day THREE

Rafael motions Mark over to the object. Mark picks it up to find a partially burnt envelope. Mark opened it up to discover a letter written by Amanda with her blood on it. The letter said:

Mark, if you ever return and you are the one reading this letter, just know this: I love you and always will love you even after death. The Howells wanted me to tell you inform that if anything happened to you, or me, or them to go to a locker in the Navy Pier bus station. You already know the locker number and combo, good luck, and I hope Anthony and his pack are alright. Do want you can avenge the many deaths including my own.
Love,
Amanda

Mark put the letter in his pocket and walked to his car. Rafael and Gradamire followed him into the car.
"We are going to the Navy Pier", Mark told them, "but first we stop at Near North Side to check on Anthony and his pack. "
Mark then drove down the Kennedy Expressway heading towards a war zone.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day THREE

Gomez woke up in a cave next to a fire. He had a clean pair of sweat pants and shirt. His wet clothes were drying next to the fire. His head hurt as he remembered what had just happened to him. And the memory of the day he became part of SPA. That day was the happiest day of his life, and was able to share with his friend Gradamire. If only I kept in contact with him after I moved to D.C., Gomez thought to himself as he lay there next to the warm fire. As he lay there he herd a noise and turned to see a man holding a shotgun come out of the shadows.
-Dr. L. David Mech
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

Gradamire looked at Gomez who had a gun in his hands please don't shoot its just me Gradamire
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

the neighborhood thinning out and becoming bullet ridden street signs and broken front store windows. "geez, what happened here?" Rafael remarks as they pass by a still burning car, then like sun at noon during night, a flash grenade blows up in front of their car, blinding Rafael, making him loose control of the car, and veering off into a front store window.
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

((OOC, Werewolf Boy, Gradamire is with Mark and Rafael in Chicago, not with Gomez in Yellowstone Park.))
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day THREE

Gomez sensed something familiar about the man holding the shotgun. The man spoke first:
"My name is Victer, you must Gomez the SPA Agent from the helicopter."
"Yes", Gomez told him, "what happened?"
"Your helicopter got attacked", Victer replied.
"By who?", Gomez asked.
"That is what we plan to find out", Victer told him as the others entered the cave.
Gomez knew that they were the Yellowstone werewolves and that he was safe, but not without his Desert Eagle.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Flashback: Gomez obtaining the Dsert Eagle- Feb. 8, 2008

After five days of trying to figure out who blew up Mark's apartment killing his fiancee, Gomez and Felice got attacked while stationed at the Chicago headquarters.
Gomez was at a desk when some men in masks broke threw the windows and shot the place up. Luckily no one else was there and Felice was in the armory. Gomez scrambled to get his Glock and fired on one of the men who had some special armor on. As Gomez continued fighting, Felice, who got a Desert Eagle, threw it to Mark. Mark started shooting the men and found that the bullets penetrated the armor.
Soon all of the men were taken down but the offices were a mess. The investigation after lead Gomez to believe that those men were part of the group that are attacking Anthony's pack. So Gomez kept the Desert Eagle on him at all times while involved with the investigations.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day THREE

Mark woke up in the back seat of the jeep which was in the store front. He got out to see Rafael and Gradamire standing over an unconscious injured women holding on to a Desert Eagle. Rafael was looking at her wallet.
"Who is she?", Mark asked.
Rafael responded, "She works for SPA as an Agent. Her name is Felice."
"What happened to her?", Mark asked.
"She got badly beaten by some men", a familiar voice answered.
Mark turned to see Anthony walk through a hole in the wall.
"Long time, no see Mark", Anthony said as he approached them, "where have you been and who are they?"
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

(Flashback) When Mark met Anthony- Aug. 11, 1988

Mark woke up staring at a white ceiling. He was in a comfy bed. He moved his arm and noticed a tube in it. He looked to see an IV was attached to him. As his eyes cleared up he discovered where he was: he was laying in a hospital bed. He looked around and saw a man get up to call a nurse and another person. The nurse came in and started to check his vitals.

The man from spoke first talking about the person he brought in.
"This is Agent Angelo, Mark", the man said, "he wants to ask you few questions about what happened 4 days ago on your birthday."
"Mark", Agent Angelo said, "we found you in the woods by where your house used to be. What do you remember?"
Mark spoke in a raspy voice: "I was having a good time it being my 13th birthday and all, my parents, family, and friends were there. We had a great time. When it was time to blow the candles on my cake, I felt weird but brushed it off. The last thing I remember was blowing out the candles before I woke up here."
"Mark", Agent Angelo said, "everybody in the house along with the house disappeared except for you. We do not know how to explain it."

The man dragged Agent Angelo outside and talked to. Mark was able to here some of it:
"Why did you have to tell him that for?", the man yelled, "he is just a kid, the same age as my son Anthony, you just cannot tell him that everybody he has ever known just disappeared."
"Well", Agent Angelo said, "if I was not going tell then who would?"
"You did the right thing", a third voice said, "the question is what are going to do with him?"
"I will take him in and make part of my pack", the man said, "Anthony needs a friend anyway."
"You know about the rules of letting humans into our packs", a forth voice said.
"But he is not human", Agent Angelo said, "the likes of him have never been seen before. His family were . . . "

Mark could not here their voices any more as they walked down the hallway. Mark was confused as to what they were talking about. He felt tired and decided to go to sleep.
Later in the day the man came back and checked Mark out of the hospital. He brought Mark to a building in Near North Side in Chicago. They went up the many floors of the high rise to the pent house. The man let Mark through the door saying, "Welcome to your knew home!"
A young boy the same age as Mark came out of his room to greet his father and the new comer.
"Mark this is Anthony", the man said, "Anthony this is Mark, the boy that you found in the woods the first night I took you hunting."
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day THREE

After resting a bit more, Gomez followed Victer and a few of the other werewolves to Yellowstone Lake where they found Gomez washed a shore. There was still a little smoke left from the helicopter. They followed the smoke until they reached the area where the helicopter had crashed only to find no helicopter. Gomez looked around the area and found the tire tracks of a large vehicle.
They followed the tracks until they came to an abandoned barn with a cabin next to it. In the barn was a flat bed truck, the wreckage of a plane(Mark's plane) and Gomez's helicopter. They hid in the barn when some men came out of the cabin. Gomez went to the helicopter looking for his Desert Eagle when him got knocked out from behind.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary

Day THREE

Tears came to Mark's eyes as he stared at his best friend before him. Mark embraced Anthony and started to mutter: "She is dead, she is dead". Anthony embraced him back telling him they had time for a funeral and burial before the attacks got worse.
"I do not know what happened" Mark said to him, "I was flying and then . . . I do not know, I traveled a month into the future and . . . and . . . "
Mark broke down again, "I was so worried I would not see you again", he said, "I am sorry." Mark then went to go look for a restroom leaving Anthony, Rafael, and Gradamire staring at each other and a still unconscious Felice on the floor.
-Dr. L. David Mech