Werewolf hunters.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

What would you do about werewolf hunters?

Relocate: I'm getting the hell out of here. They'll never find me.
14%
Kill 'em: Werewolf hunters can't be redeemed. How dare they threaten my family?
37%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
25%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
1%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
22%

Total votes: 76

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re:

Post by Terastas »

vrikasatma wrote:My first thought was "Relocate" but then I thought, "Wait. I can't run forever. These guys are everywhere and there's nothing keeping them from pursuing if I run. I'd have to kill them..."
The problem with relocating is that it would essentially be fingering yourself as the culprit. That's the case in real life too -- the first person they always look for in a murder investigation is whoever can't be found or who is seen heading towards the border. Running/relocating would be a viable option after you've been identified, but not if you've still got deniability.

I guess if we were to sort out the different types of werewolf hunters into different groups, it would boil down to three different types:

1) People that want to believe.
2) People that believe.
3) People that know.

By people that want to believe, I mean your atypical paranormal buffs, the people that are just out to catch something on camera to prove that it is indeed real. A werewolf pack should probably just think of them as meddling kids and leave them alone, because eventually they'll get tired, decide that the trip was a bust, pack it up and move on. Some of them might be decent enough to recruit, but it would be so much easier to just lay low and forget about them.

People that believe are the nutjobs we talked about, and I distinguish them from people that know because believers only think they know something about werewolves. They might be people that think werewolves are evil bloodthirsty monsters and that they're the next incarnation of Van Helsing, or they might be angsty emos that want to be werewolves for all the wrong reasons; either way, they can't be trusted. Of course, since all of their facts are wrong and could have been ripped right out of the movies, they're presumably gullible should be easy enough to bait into getting themselves arrested, getting themselves killed, or chasing a nonexistent enemy all the way to China or whatever the case may call for.

And finally, the worst case scenario: People that actually have the right facts. This would be tough because the werewolf pack would have to investigate the hunter while the hunter is investigating them; they would need to know how he came to know everything he does before they could even have half a clue what to do with him. Maybe another werewolf intentionally clued him in thinking he could be a viable ally, or maybe the pack hasn't been doing as good a job keeping their heads down as they thought they were. Either way, I'd expect the next few months to be very tense.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Werewolf hunters.

Post by MoonKit »

The poll made me laugh. We're all so brutal on here.

I guess it would really depend on the situation. (I feel like thats the answer to all the questions in this section!)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

MoonKit wrote:The poll made me laugh. We're all so brutal on here.

We're anti-human nihilists, after all.
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

Oh, I'll pay that. Absolutely.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Who the hell wants to be normal forever? It's frecking boring!

How you can still define normal, as you see strange s*** happening almost everyday.

Humans are boring alright. Werewolves are not entirely evil, those ignorant greedy hunters think that all werewolves are evil and a nuisance to humans! Hey, let's kill those bloody monsters, they don't deserve to live. Oh god, the poor wolves. They once live in this "American" soil. :x

Ooo! Maybe werewolf hunters are used to control traumatic, evil, and cursed werewolves who just enjoy killing life for fun! That's a good thing about, But trying to concern a werewolf like that without violence is hard. Hey, wanted werewolves in urban cities because of their crimes are useful. Werewolves are very emotional beings, just like humans.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Wselfwulf wrote:Oh, I'll pay that. Absolutely.
It was a joke...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:We're anti-human nihilists, after all.
Well how would you feel about someone that had dedicated his entire life to bringing about your gruesome demise?
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

kitetsu wrote:
Wselfwulf wrote:Oh, I'll pay that. Absolutely.
It was a joke...
I bet it was.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
punxnotdead
Legendary
Legendary

Post by punxnotdead »

I wouldn't kill someone, as that's not in my nature, but I would turn them. That way, they'll know what it feels like to be the hunted. If that doesn't work, then I'd resort to killing them, but only as a last resort and if my family or me was in imminent danger.
Smallville fan!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Terastas wrote:
kitetsu wrote:We're anti-human nihilists, after all.
Well how would you feel about someone that had dedicated his entire life to bringing about your gruesome demise?
There's a good chance that pity or guilt will eventually come after that someone's own demise. Sure, it's natural to feel frustrated because of the thrill of trying to keep myself alive, but it's not like as if i'll feel that way forever. I mean come on, what is this, a third-rate comic book script?
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

Berserker wrote: Misguided Van Helsing juniors looking for a cheap thrill, who watched too many episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
hey! BtVS specifacally takes a stance against werewolf hunters! :lol:

but seriously, just kill them. its harsh, but anyone looking to kill you deserves no mercy.
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Possibly the best way is to use one Smoothskin against another.
Call the Police and tell them you're being stalked by a nutcase.
Then let the Hunter track you into the arms of the cops.
He's going to be armed (natch) and that's frowned on in most places.
Then when he calls you a Werewolf, act all injured and tell him that Werewolves don't exist, they are impossible..etc, etc,etc. :wink:

The Hunter gets to wear an "I love me" jacket and you walk off into the moonrise. :D

Just don't wag your tail where the cops can see you... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:There's a good chance that pity or guilt will eventually come after that someone's own demise. Sure, it's natural to feel frustrated because of the thrill of trying to keep myself alive, but it's not like as if i'll feel that way forever.
That's what I'd like to say too, but I seriously doubt any of us here would be that calm and/or thoughtful if someone really did try to kill us, especially if we considered their reasoning to be unfounded.

The trouble is that the word "kill" has lost a lot of its true meaning. I don't mean if someone tried to kill you on XBox Live -- I mean if someone literally tried to kill you. Chances are none of us would be even remotely calm and/or considerate of the hunter's feelings under those circumstances.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:Possibly the best way is to use one Smoothskin against another.
Call the Police and tell them you're being stalked by a nutcase.
Then let the Hunter track you into the arms of the cops.
He's going to be armed (natch) and that's frowned on in most places.
Then when he calls you a Werewolf, act all injured and tell him that Werewolves don't exist, they are impossible..etc, etc,etc. :wink:

The Hunter gets to wear an "I love me" jacket and you walk off into the moonrise. :D

Just don't wag your tail where the cops can see you... :lol:
Now that i think of it, that's probably the way i'd go... after telling your pack what you're doing of course... otherwise... that could get messy... Although, i'd also probably ask a friend if they could slip some "Night night" pills into some of his food... keep him quiet for a while... or at least until after the hubub has quieted down...

Now, if i had no other choice but to kill them... as someone said, a forest is a great place to hide a body... after dismemebering it and tossing the pieces in different places around the woods... although... i'd probably bury the hands, feet and head... uh, this is all completely hypathetical of course... {notices stares from everyone else and as several of them move away from him slowly}

( :lol: oh brother... you wouldn't hurt a fly... ah... anyway, i'd just make one chase me into another, then... BOOM their both dead... another hunting accident that can attributed to human stupidity... either that, or, i'd lead some away from the group, and then tell the rest of them i'd bitten them... then, i'd injure them enough so it looks like a bite-mark, at least from a distance at night... and then... you get the idea... or the pick off one by one method, ending up with all of them tied up somewhere... like in the one movie where the two guys steal the cop car, and the leave the two cops handuffed to a merrygoround on a kids playground in their underwear... :lol: can you imagine the ridicule they'd get? They'd never be believed... besides, everyone knows werewolves don't exist, now do they? :wink: )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Just remember that even a torso can be identified nowdays through DNA matching.
Finding JUST a torso is like stamping "Murder Victim" all over the remains; that's something that makes the cops look all the harder.

If you HAVE to kill the SOB...dump him in a river, hopefully one that has a nice set of rapids to "tenderize' the body and hide any incriminating evidence.
If this guy is so dangerous that killing seems the only way to neutralize him, then turn him, so he becomes a Werewolf himself.
This is risky, since that may make him all the more determined to find and kill you or your Packmates, but now since he's a Werewolf like you, just set another Hunter against him, and let nature take its course. The noob Werewolf won't have a chance against a seasoned Hunter...none at all. Arrange for the cops to find said hunter and his victim, and you have removed two potential dangers to the People, not just one.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:If you HAVE to kill the SOB...dump him in a river, hopefully one that has a nice set of rapids to "tenderize' the body and hide any incriminating evidence.
Or if you live near the shoreline like I do, right into the ocean where he may not ever be found again. You've got the right idea though; burying and/or dismembering a body is like writing "murder victim" on it, so if you want to make sure its forgotten, a better course of action would be to leave it out at the mercy of the elements.

Regarding turning, however. . . Well, that all depends on the nature of the hunter.

I would first like to say before anything else that, if the hunter is one who aims to prove the existence of werewolves, turning him into one would be a big mistake. If anything, that could just make his job easier.

Whether or not you could turn a self-proclaimed crusader, on the other hand, would depend on the nature of the shift. I've heard some people here describe the first time as a very long, very agonizing process that absolutely requires the supervision of a pack, therefore if a hunter was bitten, his options would either be to seek out the assistance of the pack or get sick and die. If that is the true nature of lycanthropy, that might therefore be a possibility.

If, however, the change was something that can be dealt with on one's own, that might be akin to empowering the enemy. What they should do then is keep the hunter close by and under watch at all times, that way if he really is intent on using his lycanthropic form to fight them, the pack could "dispose" of him before the next full moon, that way it would just be another body to get rid of as opposed to a rogue werewolf menacing their members and/or tearing up the neighborhood.

I still think the best course of action would be to lay low, and if the hunters don't eventually move on, try and direct the hunters into getting themselves caught by the local police, with the exception that I don't think werewolves should ever get themselves involved with the police unless absolutely necessary. As I said before, police aren't looking for werewolves, they're looking for patterns and motives. They'd only start looking into even the possibility of a werewolf or werewolf-like connection once the cases piled up, and any people ever accused more than once would be the first ones taken into consideration.

The only exception to that rule would be a werewolf that has a job, a community tie, or something else about his outward human self that already has "wolf" written all over him. If a hunter fingered a completely random person, the police might wonder why it was that person in particular, but if he fingered someone that, say, worked in a costume store, owned or frequently volunteered at a wolf sanctuary, was the wolf mascot for a college hockey team, or just plain has a lot of wolf decorations around their house, the police would likely brush him off as a total kook that much sooner. It'd be reverse psychology, in other words: since the hunters (or at least the real deal hunters) will be expecting you to try and cover your identity, you could effectively hide by advertising it.
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

Terastas wrote:
RedEye wrote:If you HAVE to kill the SOB...dump him in a river, hopefully one that has a nice set of rapids to "tenderize' the body and hide any incriminating evidence.
Or if you live near the shoreline like I do, right into the ocean where he may not ever be found again. You've got the right idea though; burying and/or dismembering a body is like writing "murder victim" on it, so if you want to make sure its forgotten, a better course of action would be to leave it out at the mercy of the elements.

Regarding turning, however. . . Well, that all depends on the nature of the hunter.

I would first like to say before anything else that, if the hunter is one who aims to prove the existence of werewolves, turning him into one would be a big mistake. If anything, that could just make his job easier.

Whether or not you could turn a self-proclaimed crusader, on the other hand, would depend on the nature of the shift. I've heard some people here describe the first time as a very long, very agonizing process that absolutely requires the supervision of a pack, therefore if a hunter was bitten, his options would either be to seek out the assistance of the pack or get sick and die. If that is the true nature of lycanthropy, that might therefore be a possibility.

If, however, the change was something that can be dealt with on one's own, that might be akin to empowering the enemy. What they should do then is keep the hunter close by and under watch at all times, that way if he really is intent on using his lycanthropic form to fight them, the pack could "dispose" of him before the next full moon, that way it would just be another body to get rid of as opposed to a rogue werewolf menacing their members and/or tearing up the neighborhood.

I still think the best course of action would be to lay low, and if the hunters don't eventually move on, try and direct the hunters into getting themselves caught by the local police, with the exception that I don't think werewolves should ever get themselves involved with the police unless absolutely necessary. As I said before, police aren't looking for werewolves, they're looking for patterns and motives. They'd only start looking into even the possibility of a werewolf or werewolf-like connection once the cases piled up, and any people ever accused more than once would be the first ones taken into consideration.

The only exception to that rule would be a werewolf that has a job, a community tie, or something else about his outward human self that already has "wolf" written all over him. If a hunter fingered a completely random person, the police might wonder why it was that person in particular, but if he fingered someone that, say, worked in a costume store, owned or frequently volunteered at a wolf sanctuary, was the wolf mascot for a college hockey team, or just plain has a lot of wolf decorations around their house, the police would likely brush him off as a total kook that much sooner. It'd be reverse psychology, in other words: since the hunters (or at least the real deal hunters) will be expecting you to try and cover your identity, you could effectively hide by advertising it.

Ahh, the old rope-a-dope-dope-on-a-rope-soap. Rope the dope until the dope ends up at the end of his own rope and accidentally cleans up the mess himself. :roflmao: (yes, I'm loopy right now, I'm going to bed in a minute. :panting: )
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Konietzko wrote: Ahh, the old rope-a-dope-dope-on-a-rope-soap. Rope the dope until the dope ends up at the end of his own rope and accidentally cleans up the mess himself. :roflmao: (yes, I'm loopy right now, I'm going to bed in a minute. :panting: )
:lol: That was actually funny... and i see your point about leaving the body around... and about advertising... about turning him and leaving him to the mercy of his fellows... i'd do that... for about two minutes to get it through his thick skull they're not going to care about him now that he's turned, let alone listen to him, then save his tail... why? Eh... i can't bare to watch a stupid animal suffer... and hunters wouldn't kill a lone wolf off right away... they'd use him to try and find others in the area first... {turns pale} yeah... i'm not the kind who kills... the adrenaline has disapated, and i'm back to my old, weakling self...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

shiftergirl
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: alphness wolf of the moonlit pack

Post by shiftergirl »

*laughing to self* good to be back, well if i was a werewolf i would choose between the second and third one.
Kill 'em: i would kill them for a good reson. to much of a risk to have them around, they could kill friends, mates, family, so many people you are close too.
Change 'em: some people wont make it through the change, so they could die, making it better then actually killing them. changing them could also help brake them in the head. turning them gives u a better control over where they go, for one u are untill they controll themselves higher ranking then them. able to fight better and do many things they still cant.
I would never convinse them becasue getting close means death and anything else would make me look like a chiken or instead the worst insuldt to a WW, a flee bitten dog.
:wetwolf4:
When i roar you run, When i purr you laugh, When i cry you weep.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Re:

Post by Celestialwolf »

Ansuru wrote:At the end of the day, the only final solution is the one that's final. And a forest is better than the back yard at a mafia don's mansion for hiding a body!
Or, you could just eat it!

But yeah, if anyone threatens me or my family, I will get defensive. If he's after my life, I won't hesitate to take his. :x
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

If you did decide to turn 'em, and said hunter was still trying to kill you and your pack, could just shoot them in wolf form. Assuming first-shiftees transformed into full, regular looking wolves instead of gestalt formed.
Nobody would really care if they found a dead wild animal out in the woods...
Windigo
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Windigo »

Turning them seems risky, but then they can see what its like to be hunted. Personaly i'd kill 'em.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Silverclaw wrote:If you did decide to turn 'em, and said hunter was still trying to kill you and your pack, could just shoot them in wolf form. Assuming first-shiftees transformed into full, regular looking wolves instead of gestalt formed.
Nobody would really care if they found a dead wild animal out in the woods...
What happens if they turn human after they die?
(Acidental shooting... that;s alll it was...)
V, from V for Vendetta.

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

There are potential problems with every option.

Me though? I'd nom on their skull.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

shiftergirl wrote:turning them gives u a better control over where they go, for one u are untill they controll themselves higher ranking then them. able to fight better and do many things they still cant.
That's only assuming the hunter doesn't still hate your guts and want to kill you. Both the werewolf and the hunter are human beings. Bite victims of werewolves aren't immediately servitude to their biters the same way vampires often are. A werewolf would have a serious advantage over the former hunter in the sense that he is more experienced and will know everything the hunter is about to experience and will have to learn on the fly, but it wouldn't be automatic rank, and it does nothing to eliminate the possibility of the hunter continuing to fight them.
Lazywolf wrote:Or, you could just eat it!
OK, three things wrong with that approach:

1) Even an entire pack couldn't dispose of a single body that way. They'd still have to get rid of the bones a different way, and I'm sure if the authorities found them, they'd be very curious to know how a man was completely skeletonized when he's only been missing for a week or two.

2) That puts a serious dent in a werewolf's ability to convince potential allies that "we're not monsters."
3) :sickpup:
Silverclaw wrote:Nobody would really care if they found a dead wild animal out in the woods...
It depends on two things: What kind of animal, and how the animal had died. People would want to know how a wolf got into the area and why it was shot. If the locals thought there could be wolves in the area, that would attract the attention of animal control officers and animal rights groups eager to relocate said wolves. The search would peter out faster than a standard murder investigation, but they would be looking in the wilderness areas the pack (presumably) depends on. In that sense, it might be easier to kill him while in human form and let the police waste their time investigating the hunter, his family, etc.