Suburban Werewolves

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: My cross to bare

Suburban Werewolves

Post by Night_Hunter »

Hey guys.

Let say you were turned into a werewolf and living in a suburban setting. What would you do?

I mean would go out maybe hunt the neighbors? Try and hide it? Move? Tell the world?

AND

what would the neighbors do? If all of a sudden the local dogs go missing and hey people starting being torn apart. A huge witch hunt... for werewolves? Ha....

:shift:
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Controllable werewolf:

In true 80s movie fashion, I'd drop hints about being a werewolf to a group of inquisitive little kids who have their own Monster fanclub. I'd let them eventually discover me. After scaring the living daylights out of them at the local cemetary/middle school/old abandoned house, I'd warm their hearts by showing them I'm really not such a monster after all. Next I'd help them find the real pet snatcher after convincing them that it wasn't me. Afterward they would promise to keep my secret, and I end the story by throwing a totally rad Halloween party during which I become the unofficial president of their Monster fanclub. The end. *cue 80s music*
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night_Hunter »

nice.

I think I've seen that one
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Ya, where can i get it :o That would be an awesome
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

i would hide it and only come out at night :lol:
ImageImage
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Nice Beserker, i'd probably do the same thing but with a little more style and investigation of what was going on, that way if they turn on me, i'd know how to get back at them just in case. But in my own way i'd make sure i didnot do any damage to anyone and i'd probably tell my girlfriend and see if she will still go out with me even if i have this little problem at certain times of the month. i'd also try to help the police catch all those crooks that run around the city and save all the people i could, even if i get shot a few times. :shift: :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

That would depend on the suburb in question. Some "suburbs" achieve that status by means of a wall around a housing development in the middle of town.
Other "suburbs" are out in the middle of the forest.

The story arising would come from which suburb you were referring to. In some 'burbs, it wouldn't matter: you'd be mugged, wolf or not.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

As a person living in the burbs, i have to saw that i'd just chain myself up in the basement. my neighbors are uber-nosy and i'd probably get killed. they already call me "the freaky one that doesnt go out much" when talking about me to my parents. i live in a fairly large town, but it might as well be smallville in my neighborhood, in the burbs, everyone knows everyone. One more year and i'm out to face the world on my own. YAY!!!!
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Wolf-man-24 wrote:my neighbors are uber-nosy and i'd probably get killed. they already call me "the freaky one that doesnt go out much" when talking about me to my parents. i live in a fairly large town, but it might as well be smallville in my neighborhood, in the burbs, everyone knows everyone.
Sounds a lot like where I used to live. I'm in Vegas now, but I used to live in a town on the Massachusetts north shore near the New Hampshire border called Ipswich. It's actually the largest city in Massachusetts in terms of square miles, but that's because it's mostly marshland that can't be built upon, so it is essentially just a residential community: a suburb with all the houses spread out. And yes, most people I knew back in Ipswich were uber-nosy too. I don't know if they were paranoid or they just liked being the first to know something so they could tell others, but either way, as a werewolf, I don't think I would have lasted a minute there.

So yeah, I think werewolves would stray away from suburban life in general. Biggest threat to a werewolf's anonymity I'd say would be the police, then the media, but after those two, a werewolf's worst nightmare would be the nosy next door neighbor. :P
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I'd like to sneak around and scare people to be honest. :evil:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

ha...hehe...

yeah in my town, despite it being small and very suburban... I doubt anybody would notice.

There are a select few *already* nutty people who I could potentially mess with.

Besides, a good sized chunk of woods directly borders my house, and it has coyotes.

And Terastas, you lived in Ipswich? Wow...small world...that's not very far from me.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Echhh... I just flashed on "Suburban Werewolves" around the pool, drinking daquiris and discussing insurance and mortgage payments, while the barbeque is in use making charcoal burgers... :cry:

Shoot me, somebody!!! :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night_Hunter »

what exactly does that mean, im sorry
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU HAVE RABIES TOO ?!!?

Read my stuff at:
http://nightfiction.blogspot.com/
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

RedEye wrote:
Shoot me, somebody!!! :lol:
OK!

*grabs tranquilizer gun*

>FHHHT!< .... >plink!< *shoots RedEye with tranquilizer dart*

>thunk!<

:roflmao:

*ahem* :| right....

you were saying?
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I'll probably spend my nights running around the neighborhood, in the shadows, and feed off of squirrels and birds.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

I'd hide it. :ninja:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Things I'd do:

-"mark my territory" on my neighbor's possessions. I.e. Bill's prized BBQ grill

-mess with everyone's dogs and then run away before the people could see me

-let small children see me, but not the adults. The kids would tell the adults, but the adults would never believe them. This might also work with socially outcast teenagers, or other members of the neighborhood whose opinion no one cares about, for example, the neighborhood pagans or "the cat lady"

-howl really loudly outside the windows of people that have to wake up early in the morning

-stomp around on rooftops the night before Christmas. Then when children come out all excited to look for the "reindeer" I can be like RAAAAWRRRHHHGGGHG

-make deep scratches in any vehicle that is obviously a vanity car

-leave piles of feces in the yards of people who don't have dogs, so they'll blame their neighbor's dog and amusing bickering will ensue

and lots of other lulzy things.
Scarletfox
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Lycan-lover

Post by Scarletfox »

Werewolf in suburb?? sounds cool, maybe it's nice to save people in danger at night and play a hero, haha becoming a werewolf hero, but I if it's me, I won't do that, I'd probably just hide and wonder around at night
---loading---
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Renorei wrote:Things I'd do:

-"mark my territory" on my neighbor's possessions. I.e. Bill's prized BBQ grill

-howl really loudly outside the windows of people that have to wake up early in the morning

-make deep scratches in any vehicle that is obviously a vanity car

-leave piles of feces in the yards of people who don't have dogs, so they'll blame their neighbor's dog and amusing bickering will ensue
I kept all the ones on the list that, were I still in Ipswich, I might have been crazy and/or pissed off enough to do. The last one I think would be especially amusing because (and I'm saying this as cleanly as possible), as someone that is both wolf and man, the, uh. . . "present" a werewolf would leave them might look like it came from a wolf or a man. The victim might blame the neighbor's dog, but he might also blame the neighbor and/or his kids too. :D

I have a feeling that if a werewolf did live in suburbia, he'd eventually stoop to messing with his neighbors like that too. A werewolf's foremost concern should be his anonymity, which means he would highly value his privacy, which in turn means having a bunch of nosy neighbors would seriously wear on him. I think the first response would be to move into the city (where most people won't give half a crap what their neighbors are doing), but if circumstances kept them from moving, I think they'd soon become the cranky jerk all the other neighbors never talk to but frequently talk about and whose house they make their kids skip on Halloween.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Renorei wrote:-stomp around on rooftops the night before Christmas. Then when children come out all excited to look for the "reindeer" I can be like RAAAAWRRRHHHGGGHG
:lol: I have to remember that one.

I hate the suburbs anyway, so I'd just move.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Speaking of Christmas... I might put on a Santa Claus suit and go around as the Christmas Werewolf, bringing slaughtered deer carcasses and slobbery chewtoys to good human children everywhere. I'd leave... something else... for bad kids. (Suffice to say their parents would be asking how a dog got in the house overnight.) As for the kids who didn't believe in werewolves, well I would definitely keep a list.
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

For me that would probably depend on which pieces of werewolf mythology aren't exactly myth.
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night_Hunter »

I asked a friend the same question and he said that he'd probably tell everyone he knew.

I know it sounds stupid but I think there could be benefits

...... none come to mind but there could be. :(
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU HAVE RABIES TOO ?!!?

Read my stuff at:
http://nightfiction.blogspot.com/
loganx5142
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by loganx5142 »

Start of by finding the right suburb. In the right town. For instance something with plenty of near-by, heavily wooded forrest area, and maybe a cow pasture near by. You can have a few good cycles before people might start to catch on and a few more before they're prepared to do anything about it. Then move.

The other idea of using heavy restraints every cycle isn't bad, either.
Whoever is bitten by a werewolf and lives becomes a werewolf himself.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Camping lycanthrope

Post by Scott Gardener »

I do live in the suburbs. As tempting as it might be to chase after the kids who skateboard in our driveway, I'd sojourn out to a more remote and wild area for my shifts. I'd hesitate to shift in places where people would see me. And, I'd be pretty secretive about the whole thing, for reasons previously discussed on prior topics.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...