Wolf-themed animated movie announced

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Wolf-themed animated movie announced

Post by Dreamer »

It' better not. Or someone will die.

And Matt, we all knew Ted Turner was insane after that Robot Chicken Cpatain Planet sketch.
XIV
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

Post by Ookami-kun »

More detailed info:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=46954

Release Date: April 16, 2010
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Ben Gluck
Screenwriter: Chris Denk
Starring: Justin Long, Hayden Panettiere, Christina Ricci, Danny Glover, Dennis Hopper, Larry Miller, Eric Price, Chris Carmack, Vicki Lewis, Brian Donovan, Kevin Sussman
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: Kate and Humphrey are two wolves who are nothing alike. Kate's an alpha wolf — to her, discipline, duty and responsibility are everything. On the other hand, Humphrey is an omega wolf -- fun, friends and frivolity are what are important to him. In the world of wolves, alphas and omegas don't mix, mingle or mate — such is pack law.

As the alpha wolf daughter of the western pack leader, Kate is arranged to marry Garth, the alpha wolf son of the eastern pack leader, not for love but to prevent a deadly war between the two packs. But the marriage is put on hold when, unbeknownst to anyone, Kate and Humphrey are taken by park rangers from their home in Jasper Park, Canada and relocated to Sawtooth Park, Idaho.

Desperate to get back in time to marry Garth and prevent war, and battling each other’s different points of view, the long distance and a few bears and porcupines along the way, Kate and Humphrey must work together to make the long journey home to their beloved Jasper Park. But Kate and Humphrey soon discover a new obstacle: somewhere along the way, Kate and Humphrey have fallen in love.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Ookami-kun wrote:Plot Summary: Kate and Humphrey are two wolves who are nothing alike. Kate's an alpha wolf — to her, discipline, duty and responsibility are everything. On the other hand, Humphrey is an omega wolf -- fun, friends and frivolity are what are important to him. In the world of wolves, alphas and omegas don't mix, mingle or mate — such is pack law.

As the alpha wolf daughter of the western pack leader, Kate is arranged to marry Garth, the alpha wolf son of the eastern pack leader, not for love but to prevent a deadly war between the two packs. But the marriage is put on hold when, unbeknownst to anyone, Kate and Humphrey are taken by park rangers from their home in Jasper Park, Canada and relocated to Sawtooth Park, Idaho.

Desperate to get back in time to marry Garth and prevent war, and battling each other’s different points of view, the long distance and a few bears and porcupines along the way, Kate and Humphrey must work together to make the long journey home to their beloved Jasper Park. But Kate and Humphrey soon discover a new obstacle: somewhere along the way, Kate and Humphrey have fallen in love.
:sickpup: Skippit.
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Whisperwind »

Ookami-kun wrote:More detailed info:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=46954

Release Date: April 16, 2010
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Ben Gluck
Screenwriter: Chris Denk
Starring: Justin Long, Hayden Panettiere, Christina Ricci, Danny Glover, Dennis Hopper, Larry Miller, Eric Price, Chris Carmack, Vicki Lewis, Brian Donovan, Kevin Sussman
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: Kate and Humphrey are two wolves who are nothing alike. Kate's an alpha wolf — to her, discipline, duty and responsibility are everything. On the other hand, Humphrey is an omega wolf -- fun, friends and frivolity are what are important to him. In the world of wolves, alphas and omegas don't mix, mingle or mate — such is pack law.

sadness. cool name, good cast, meh story.

why add the whole "packs are like kingdoms, including court drama" thing? wouldnt it be hard enough for the two poor wolves to get back home without inventing some retarded story about one having to marry someone to prevent war? maybe if this was werewolves... but normal wolves? yeesh.
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

Post by Ookami-kun »

I don't mind a plot like that if the presentation and the script is well done.
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

This sounds like good plot, hope to watch this when it comes out in 2010. :)
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Whisperwind wrote:
sadness. cool name, good cast, meh story.

why add the whole "packs are like kingdoms, including court drama" thing? wouldnt it be hard enough for the two poor wolves to get back home without inventing some retarded story about one having to marry someone to prevent war? maybe if this was werewolves... but normal wolves? yeesh.
Lets all just pretend its werewolves. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Whisperwind wrote:why add the whole "packs are like kingdoms, including court drama" thing? wouldnt it be hard enough for the two poor wolves to get back home without inventing some retarded story about one having to marry someone to prevent war? maybe if this was werewolves... but normal wolves? yeesh.
Because they're too numb to come up with any legitimate reason why the packs might conflict, or come up with any other reason why the two wolves might work together.

Hollywood has unfortunately taken a very dark turn by making the assumption that the plot is the least relevant piece of the movie, and it's so much easier to just keep reusing the same tired old concept, no matter how inapplicable to the subject it may be, over and over again instead of actually, you know, thinking every now and then.

(It's part of the reason I'm writing so far ahead with all of my stuff -- because when I'm ready to take it to Hollywood, I dread the thought of them throwing some random crap together to pick up where I'd originally left off.)

The royalty/kingdom approach is one of the cheapest and most overused conflict justifications in the history of the industry. They made another animated movie under the same pretext, only with seals instead of wolves, as I recall.

So that's it: they keep reusing the same scripts but change the look of the animated characters to hide the fact. Of course, only a devoted worshiper of hand-drawn animation will see all of them, so I guess the assumption is that most people that go to see these movies do so just because they happen to like the animal in question. They sold that previous movie to people that thought seals were cute; they're selling this one to people like us that like wolves.

And you know what? They're right. In spite of the great big motherload of a disappointment I expect this movie will become, chances are I am still going to watch it. . .
. . .but only on Youtube! :grinp:
Enir
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Enir the Werewolf
Mood: Stressed

Post by Enir »

MattSullivan wrote:ffurries are something like.....0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.2% of the world's population. :D

There are more of us out there than you realise Matt. And as far as iam conserned about this rather disapointing ( :cry: ) movie.This movie is some what of a drag. Ill probably only see it when my mother buys it for my sister or someone buys it for me because they know I like wolves. And Homeward Bound 1,2,&3 have used the whole "got to get back " plot way to many times. However sadly this movie will probably sell.

O and one reason I probably won't watch it is because it is an overused plot and it dosen't do justice to wolves. This movie is more for disney characters. And anyways wolves in real life wouldn't have diff. pack members mate with the enemy to keep from fighting. They would either move on to a new place or rip out the throats of there enemy. :cyborg3: :splodey: :biteme:
Enir Shadowfang [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Thersha.jpg[/img] [img]C://Documents%20and%20Settings/Enir%20the%20%20Werewolf/Documents/My%20Pictures/into_werewolf_returns.gif[/img]
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

I'll watch it...online...I haven't actually gone to see a movie in theaters for over a year now, I just wait till someone loads the DvD version up so i can get good quality. I just gotta be a bit more patient than most.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I'll wait for the trailer before I start to judge.
Biruka
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Biruka »

Seens pretty intresting
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Enir wrote: And Homeward Bound 1,2,&3
as far as I know there is no Homeward Bound 3.

and back on subject...not to crazy about the plot, but I really can't say much until I see the movie.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I'd watch it. I don't watch cartoons for plot, I watch them for humor and to appreciate the art.

Wonder if it will be cg or cell-shaded? I would think it would work best as traditional, but seems everything is cg nowdays. :( CG just rarely pulls off the style and charm of traditional animation.
WolfeGuardian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Guardian
Additional Details: Guardian the moon pale wolf with golden flaming eyes never to be tamed,
Location: The Dark comforting forests that welcome my presence...

Post by WolfeGuardian »

uhmm lol I'm not to sure on my above posters idea but idk guys it sounds pretty interesting but your all right i hope it isn't to cliche'd or badly animated when it comes to the wolves and such,
and as an opinion, Boondocks..eh not my personal fave and such but I just hope they'll try and make it decent
“Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

PariahPoet wrote::( CG just rarely pulls off the style and charm of traditional animation.
Er. . . That's a whole different rant altogether, but I'll try to sum it up as best I can: Try to keep in mind that, before CG came to be, there were some utterly crappy hand-drawn movies being made left and right.

But don't take my word for it. Let the Nostalgia Critic (warning: profanity galore) tell you all about:
Titanic
Ferngully
Rock-A-Doodle

Did these movies have any "charm" to you?

Still, I'm willing to bet that this will be 2D. For two reasons.

1) CG is expensive and it's really easy to tell when it's half-a**.
2) There are a lot of angry, anal 2D purists who are out of work at the moment.

CG did to hand-drawn what digital photography did to flash photography; it did nothing to take away from the true artists, but half-rate photographers couldn't get by doing portraits or product shots anymore. The same is true of 2D animation -- the art itself did not go away, but the 2D artists weren't being commissioned to do thirty-minute toy commercials or crappy Nickelodeon movies anymore.

It just looks like CG killed 2D because, at the time when CG first made it big, 98% of the animation industry was whoring itself out. If anything, CG was able to take over the way it did because the previous era said CG would amount to nothing, leaving only that remaining 2% of artistic visionaries to dabble around in it.

So what you've got now are a lot of has-bins that were never very good to begin with moping around and pining for the days when hand-drawn was king. These of course are also the people that believe plot is the least important element of the movie.

So my guess is that, just like the aforementioned seal movie, a lot of them are going to pool together their "talent" into this movie thinking they're going to prove once and for all that hand-drawn is king. . .
Not without some decent writing they won't. :grinp:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I loved Ferngully when I was little. Got the special edition dvd now :wink: Go Batty and Tim Curry!

There was a Titanic animated movie? lol, thats sounds as good as the Passion of the Christ animated movie I saw in Target a little while ago :lol:
FireLuna
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by FireLuna »

I found a pic from Alpha and Omega movie
here is the site http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/14/the ... -schedule/
Scroll down a little bit and you'll see it.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Dear Bast... Just what I was afraid of. Looks like utter crap.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I have to go with waiting to see how it turns out.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Oh I'm still going to watch it, but I think this one will be a redbox, not a theater movie.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

FireLuna wrote:I found a pic from Alpha and Omega movie
here is the site http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/14/the ... -schedule/
Scroll down a little bit and you'll see it.
And now, a reenactment of the moment Terastas first saw the visual:
*scrolls down*

*scrolls down*

*scrolls down*

*scrolls do. . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
IT LOOKS LIKE SH*************************T!!!!!
:cryeyesout:
Seriously, what the hell is that?! Is the omega werewolf a screw-up because he can't lay off the bong? I mean. . . What the hell?!

I'm actually kind of glad it isn't going to be 2D, but. . . Wait, is it? I can't freakin' tell! It looks like it was made in Poser -- Limbo of the Lost had better graphics than that!

EDIT: OMG. I just went back for a second look and it got even worse. One of the vocal talents is Dennis Hopper.

Who is Dennis Hopper? He's the guy that played King Koopa in the Super Mario Bros. movie.

"Bab-omb! Monkey! Bab-omb! Monkey! Bab-omb! Monkey!"
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

That is a single frame out of thousands, at a completely random point during the film. Who knows where they got that screen from. It could be the single worst screen grab possible, a complete misrepresentation of what the movie actually looks like in motion, and we would never know.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Well the reason he looks that dopey is because I'm pretty sure I see a tranquilizer dart on his butt. I'm guessing he just got tagged and is in the process of going under in that frame.

I'm just not impressed with the animation style overall though.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

i give it four Meh's out of five.