I heard KUNG FU PANDA is amazing.

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

I heard KUNG FU PANDA is amazing.

Post by MattSullivan »

I wasn't impressed by the first trailer. but word is, that this is Dreamworks best animated film, and some are predicting it might even make more money than Shrek.

Time to buy up some DW stock, methinks? ( there's your Freeborn funding right there folks ) Dreamworks stock ALWAYS rises even when they make a bad film. Pixar's always dips, even after they have a hit.

wierd. Anyway..I can't wait to see the film. then Indy. Wheee! Good summer!!
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Shrek 3 made a ton of money, but wasn't it panned?
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

There is always a shadow revenue and stockholders for large well-known multi-billion companies.

The trailer looks okay, but I think the movie will be better than Shrek the Third. I saw some action figures for the movie, I might just buy some. Since they are anthro.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Yep, I want to see this one. I like Jack Black.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

That little Kung-Fu Master Lemur-thing is adorable! :D

I wanna see 8)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I hear it's amazing when the Purple-stuffed worm in Flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw-blink on Hari-kiri Rock! I need scissors! 61!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Good one Shadow Wulf :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I get everyone with that line. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

hehe someones likes there action stealth games
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lukas wrote:hehe someones likes there action stealth games
Raiden, turn off the console! Cut the power now! :lol:
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
stupid moment time, when i got to that part the first time, i didn't know what to do, so when they said turn it off, i turned it off, i feel like a idiot now :lol:
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lukas wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
stupid moment time, when i got to that part the first time, i didn't know what to do, so when they said turn it off, i turned it off, i feel like a idiot now :lol:
lmao, I almost did the same thing, what really got me was the "Fission Mail" screen where it looked like you died but you were still moving, I almost turned off my PS2. :lol:
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Well, hey, it's Jack Black. It is scientifically impossible for Jack Black to suck.

But what I want to know is...why'd they have to make the bad guy a Snow Leopard?!?!?! :(
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Its like you boys are speaking a different language. :lol:

Kung Fu Panda looks hilarious. Definitely going to see this one.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

vrikasatma wrote:Well, hey, it's Jack Black. It is scientifically impossible for Jack Black to suck.

But what I want to know is...why'd they have to make the bad guy a Snow Leopard?!?!?! :(
*shrugs* Why'd they have to make the good guy a panda? Sometimes there's a good solid reason a character is the species s/he is, other times it's just the species grab bag.

I admit I was a little irked at seeing this movie was going to have yet another evil feline in it, but then again, Dreamworks is generally pretty good when it comes to making likable and/or hilarious villains (the Fairy Godmother is still one of my favorites). If it was Disney or a company that frequently emulates Disney, I'd be concerned, but I'm confident Dreamworks won't do snow leopard lovers a disservice with this one.
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Post by cjkrythos »

vrikasatma wrote:Well, hey, it's Jack Black. It is scientifically impossible for Jack Black to suck.

cus cats are evil *ducks the waffle iron hurled at him* :P
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

cjkrythos wrote:

cus cats are evil *ducks the waffle iron hurled at him* :P
Or at least moody and calculating. 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

It was really cute! I thoroughly enjoyed it. :3
Story was sub-par IMHO, but I didn't go for a deep, well-developed story. I went to see the awesome characters and to get a good laugh and was not disappointed.

I really hope that Cartoon Network picks it up for a show like they did with Barnyard(the show is much better than the movie, again IMHO). But I hope they make a show and animate it in the style of the intro. That would be awesome.

*hugs baby tiger and snow-kitty*
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Agreed. I think they did it just because the flashback just makes for the most adorable baby villain ever.
But I agree, I am so sick of 90% of cartoon protagonists being some lame prey animal. I always wished Coyote would eat the stupid Roadrunner.
Predators FTW!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

PariahPoet wrote:But I agree, I am so sick of 90% of cartoon protagonists being some lame prey animal. I always wished Coyote would eat the stupid Roadrunner.
Merf.

Anyway, just heard a review from a few friends elsewhere online, and while the bad guy did have some of the best scenes in the movie (the prison escape, they said, was awesome), my other worst fear was confirmed: That the script failed to thoroughly develop characters that had the potential for it, specifically the five Masters.

Which really seems to be the only negative pattern I've noticed in Dreamworks movies -- that well-thought and potentially lovable supporting characters are played down and never truly develop. In Madagascar, it was Melman and Gloria. In Over the Hedge, it was Ozzie and Stella. And now in Kung Fu Panda, it's the masters.
Oh well. It's a minor gripe, but also it's an excuse for a sequel. :grinp:

One last note about Tai Lung: [spoiler]Reportedly, he dies, but they have him die in an explosion, so they could theoretically rewrite it that he didn't die and was just blown really far away (like what happened with Heihachi in Tekken 5) and bring him back for more in a sequel.[/spoiler]
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Yeah, agreed. The Furious 5 could have easily been cut to two or 3 characters. Tigress is the only one that really has much of any reason for being in the movie other than to provide the worn out plot of not accepting Po.

On a plus note, I love how they switch to all fours to run. Tigress and Tai Lung were both beautifully animated in the running and fighting scenes.
punxnotdead
Legendary
Legendary

Post by punxnotdead »

I've never been a fan of animated movies, but I'll try to keep an open mind about it.
Smallville fan!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I saw it. Loved it. Thought it was a lot of fun, and I'll probably see it a few more times. And of course, being a traditionally trained animator, THIS was my favorite scene.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

Post by Ookami-kun »

The characters aren't furries but more like funny animals... which is actually like the classic cartoon characters.

And WTF? VILLAIN WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT?!

I give this movie 9 out of 10 dumplings... if only because I ate the last one. lck
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:Image
:o Ooh. Samurai Jack-style, eh? Me like. :D

And yes Ookami, a villain can have character development. Anyone that's ever played a Final Fantasy game could tell you that (hell, in XII, the villains were the only characters I felt were developed). It doesn't necessarily mean they have to develop on camera, but it is nice every now and then to see a villain that has a more developed personality than just "Bwa-ha-hya I'm evil n' such" and/or has a back-story.

That was my understanding of Tai Lung: that though he is clearly evil, it's somewhat tragic that he became that way.

I'm not saying that the Masters should have been reduced though; from what little I have seen, all five of them seem like well-thought and potentially lovable characters. It's just that typically a Dreamworks movie isn't long enough for that to be readily apparent.

That's why Dreamworks sequels don't bother me a fraction as much as Disney sequels do -- because sequels of the former typically involve a second visit to characters I felt like I never got to know well the first time around.