i know you will most likley hate me but... (vampires)

The place for anything at all...
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

i know you will most likley hate me but... (vampires)

Post by Distorted Realism »

i know why but what about vampired has scince disproved the possibility of that?
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

huh? :? wth are you discussing?
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I think what he's trying to say is, "Why haven't we discussed vampires, science hasn't disproved the possibility of them."

And there's a simple answer for that.

This is a Werewolf forum. :)

But I suppose you can discuss it in one of the sections under the "Non Werewolf Stuff" category.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

yep, this is a werewolf forum. :P
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Vampires as in the can't-walk-in-sunlight pointy toothed oh-hey-I-has-superpowers eek garlic kind, or the messed-up-energy-fields kind?

...Because I technically qualify as the latter.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Because werewolves and vampires are sworn enemies. Everyone knows that. :roll: :wink:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Actually, some studies have suggested that psionic vampires might be possible. I think it's the History channel that has a documentary on vampires. There was one really neat study that use a kirlian camera to take pictures of people's electromagnetic fields, and they took pictures of two people. One person claimed to be a psi vampire, and the other agreed to let the vamp draw from his energy. The first picture showed their fields at rest, then the second picture was taken of both while th vampire claimed to be feeding off the second person's energy, and the third was soon afterwards.
The first photos were very similar. Both fields were approximately the same size and intensity. The second photo, the field on the vampire was larger, putting out small spikes kind of like solar flares, and the other person's field was weaker. The third photo, the vampire's field was very large and bright, and the other person's was very small and weak, and there were dots that the narrator described as looking like puncture marks.
The documentary may have been slightly slanted toward the existence of vampires, but they at least did not grab that one little scrap of information and use it as irrefutable proof that they do. But it was a very interesting documentary nonetheless.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

MoonKit wrote:Because werewolves and vampires are sworn enemies. Everyone knows that. :roll: :wink:
That's because they didn't want to share the hairdressers in the makeup tent. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ansuru »

RedEye wrote:
MoonKit wrote:Because werewolves and vampires are sworn enemies. Everyone knows that. :roll: :wink:
That's because they didn't want to share the hairdressers in the makeup tent. :lol:
*grumbles something about stuck up, pompous fops* I don't know what they have against dog hair, it's not like it doesn't brush off of the clothing if you absolutely have to look like a fresh-minted two-dollar bill.
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Ya, vampires are too uptight. The whole idea of werewolves is a loss of control, while vampires are always trying to stay in complete control. We're opposites.

As for energy vampires, I've tried to drain people's energy a time or two. I figured it probably wasn't the healthiest thing for them though, so I usually limit energy feeding to my surroundings and exclude people. Or maybe I'm just crazy and am rambling nonsense. I have no idea.
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary

Kelpten wrote:Ya, vampires are too uptight. The whole idea of werewolves is a loss of control, while vampires are always trying to stay in complete control. We're opposites.

As for energy vampires, I've tried to drain people's energy a time or two. I figured it probably wasn't the healthiest thing for them though, so I usually limit energy feeding to my surroundings and exclude people. Or maybe I'm just crazy and am rambling nonsense. I have no idea.
i guess but i don't think vampires are like that... they could be the type who have fallen under control of instinct and gone completely wild...
also how the h*** do you mess with electromagnetic fields... the best i can do by altering anything is by sometimes controlling my tv... :?

and that only ig my parents arent hogging he remote... :cry:
Last edited by Distorted Realism on Tue May 27, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:
(Hey, i resent that... i never use a hairdresser... too much fur to fit under that hair drying thing. :D :lol: )
:lol: Not to mention they'd probably have to use the whole family sized bottle of shampoo...
( :roflmao: Actually, it usually takes three or four, depending on how many times i rinse and repeat. :lol: )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:
RedEye wrote:
(Hey, i resent that... i never use a hairdresser... too much fur to fit under that hair drying thing. :D :lol: )
:lol: Not to mention they'd probably have to use the whole family sized bottle of shampoo...
( :roflmao: Actually, it usually takes three or four, depending on how many times i rinse and repeat. :lol: )
for someone not part of the forum anymore you sure do post alot :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Kelpten wrote:Ya, vampires are too uptight. The whole idea of werewolves is a loss of control, while vampires are always trying to stay in complete control. We're opposites.

Hint: Malls. Freebies abound.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Malls are only good for people who aren't tweaked out by large crowds.

I don't suggest energy leeching unless you absolutely have to. You do it too much and you can become dependent on it. And as someone who's energies were royally screwed anyway, I can tell you that it's not at all fun.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Not entirely.

The original vampire was a monstrous uncivilized revenant. A undead corpse with a lust for blood.

Hell, the original vampire is where Romero got the idea for zombies, just to give you an idea of how nasty the original vampire was. They weren't as...ah, neat as they are now.

Also, many modern myths portray vampires as being monstrous.

Hell, one became a movie recently.

You know, I Am Legend?

Hell, the novel of that was also part of Romero's zombie idea. He wanted an apocalypse story like that, but since Matheson already used vampires, he made zombies instead.

Berserker werewolves and stiff ponces of vampires is a bit of an old hat, IMO.

I wanna see some more wild blood-thirsty undead and gentlemanly lycanthropes.
:lol:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Lukas wrote:
WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:
RedEye wrote:
for someone not part of the forum anymore you sure do post alot :P
{Sigh of defeat} I came back because you guys and this place are freaking addicting. I gave up on trying not to be here anymore... if you read my pathetic message from before when i did decide to leave, i'll just do whatever... and as i said, anyone who wants to yell at me for whatever reason, may do so. I just don't really care anymore...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Post by WereDragon25 »

If you are talking about zombies. I know. They didn't come from vamps. Hundreds of years ago, people who wouldn't pay their taxes were scared into it. The government took them, injected a small dose of... of... it was some type of poison. It put the body into a mild sedative state. The family would then bury the "dead" family member. A couple of days later, the "dead" person would wake up, dig his way out of the grave (graves were REALLY shallow at the time), but, he wouldn't have gotten complete control of his body yet. That is the drooling, moaning came from. They would walk around like, no offense meant to anyone with one in their family, a retarded person. The family got scared, payed their taxes, the poison wore off. And they start always paying them. And that is the zombie.
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

WereDragon25 wrote:If you are talking about zombies. I know. They didn't come from vamps. Hundreds of years ago, people who wouldn't pay their taxes were scared into it. The government took them, injected a small dose of... of... it was some type of poison. It put the body into a mild sedative state. The family would then bury the "dead" family member. A couple of days later, the "dead" person would wake up, dig his way out of the grave (graves were REALLY shallow at the time), but, he wouldn't have gotten complete control of his body yet. That is the drooling, moaning came from. They would walk around like, no offense meant to anyone with one in their family, a retarded person. The family got scared, payed their taxes, the poison wore off. And they start always paying them. And that is the zombie.
Actually...
Zombies came from Haiti, as a part of the Voo Doo religion. Evil Voo Doo practitioners would mix up a batch of 'Zombie Poison' and give it to someone. They'd be buried, and the practitioner would have to procure them before they suffocated. If the poison was off, the person died; if it wasn't, they'd be used as hard laborers, as their free will would have been completely demolished by the poison.

I need to see if your explanation is right too though... huh... maybe we're both right...

However, back on topic, this is about vampires and why this board hasn't been talking about them too much...
V, from V for Vendetta.

Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary

ok well if you believe that, see the movie: the hamiltons it is what my idea of vampires should be like...
-The Dark Dimension
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

'The Serpent and the Rainbow' is a really good movie about Voodoo zombie-ness :D

On-topic- Make a thread talking about vamps then :) Though there will be a slant that werewolves are better for some reason or other :wink:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Silverclaw wrote:'The Serpent and the Rainbow' is a really good movie about Voodoo zombie-ness :D

On-topic- Make a thread talking about vamps then :) Though there will be a slant that werewolves are better for some reason or other :wink:
(Way better. 8) )
:roll: Oh brother... Do what she says, make a tread about Vampires, making sure no one bashes any psy vamps of course, and see what happens. I actually think we might have a vampire on this site... then again, that could be an old post...

huh... you know, if we started threads about other were-animals, we could keep the site going a little. Compare what it's like for a werewolf to say... a weredragon (Like Baphnedia, for instance? Wait, is he otherkin?) or a werefox (Vuldari might be interested in that one.) It just an idea but... it might work... Thanks for the thought jumpstart Silverclaw...
V, from V for Vendetta.

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

WereDragon25 wrote:If you are talking about zombies. I know. They didn't come from vamps. Hundreds of years ago, people who wouldn't pay their taxes were scared into it. The government took them, injected a small dose of... of... it was some type of poison. It put the body into a mild sedative state. The family would then bury the "dead" family member. A couple of days later, the "dead" person would wake up, dig his way out of the grave (graves were REALLY shallow at the time), but, he wouldn't have gotten complete control of his body yet. That is the drooling, moaning came from. They would walk around like, no offense meant to anyone with one in their family, a retarded person. The family got scared, payed their taxes, the poison wore off. And they start always paying them. And that is the zombie.
I'm not talking about Haitan Zombies and Voodo (which is where the drugged people called zombies came from), I'm talking about undead cannibals that George A. Romero called 'Zombies', misusing the word and thereby changing it's meaning.

He got the idea from the "Wampyr" which, despite the W, was pronounced more like "Vampyr" which turned into "Vampyre" and then "Vampire". These were blood-thirsty undead who would wander about and rip you apart for your blood. No fangs or stuff like that. Just tear into you and enjoy.

And this is on topic since vampires are where the undead fleshing eating zombie idea came from. They would not exist if not for these legends and stuff like "I Am Legend".

I was using those examples to illustrate the idea that vampires are not and have not always been the rich underclass aristocrastic bloodsuckers they're thought to be. That sometimes they're just blood-lusting corpses that for some reason still move and think and talk and you don't want to run into them because often it takes something special to kill them dead.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote: :lol: Not to mention they'd probably have to use the whole family sized bottle of shampoo...
Thats REALLY why they created that Body Wash and Shampoo all in one.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Unless you want to wind up looking like a poodle, don't forget the conditioner. And stay away from blow dryers!!! :lol: