*bounds in offering canine-safe chocolate chip cookies*

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

*bounds in offering canine-safe chocolate chip cookies*

Post by cjkrythos »

well, Ill warn all ye who are about to read this post that before I even begin to type it, I know its gonna be a longwinded one. Im always this way. :D maybe ill manage to make this one nice and short so you all wont have to read a novel.

anyways...

Im not really a "were" as the term has been explained to me, though I do favor the concept of transformation. My interests are primarily along the aspect of the furry fandom. I dont know if Id be considered a typical fur, or kinda off the wall, but I try to be different to express myself while still trying new things, regardless of if they are popular or not.

I do own a fursuit. I plan to add more costume elements to it later, but for now, I own the head, tail, and paws. Constructed by Midori, ive worn it to many events, both public and private and though before ordering it, I was nervous about owning and wearing a fursuit, that fear has been supplimented with feelings of joy and anticipation of the next time I will be able to wear it. For those of you who have never worn one. Its a chance to put aside who you are and for all intensive purposes, become something else. I dont really think ill be shifting into a werewolf or having my genes spliced anytime soon, so this is about the closest thing out there until another option becomes available. It might be expensive, but I cant put a price tag on having someone appreciate your character through you in the form of awe, laughter, a hug, or just simple verbal compliments.
http://fur-suit.org/?c=viewsuit&id=598

Ive been into the furry fandom since early 2002 when I turned 18 and got access to all of those bad things your parents dont want you to see, and in reality, it was the subject of werewolves that drew me into furry. I got involved in the World of Darkness role playing games and created a were-jaguar character. Our games got interesting(as in we set monsters loose on the city that simply should not exist), and I was old enough to veiw anything I happened to find online(violent or otherwise), so I started hunting down all sorts of info on werewolf mythology and werebeasts within the world of darkness universe. I stumbled across the old Temple of Luna page and scoured it for info for days on end, moved on to the links page and found my way into some furry sites, where I made a connection to the interest. I beleive it was Ace Fox's art gallery where I finally decided to make the plunge.

I do hope that my being a fur among you will not cause too much of a ruckus. I know that many view furries as drama loving geeks who hump their teddy bears. I dont know if anyone will feel that way, but I hope not, cus it would be sincerely mistaken. I dont love drama and I dont hump any teddy bears.... :P Mostly I come looking to get info on werewolf novels, movies, and other such things. I have a voracious taste in sci fi material featuring all sorts of werewolf and anthro material. Im not much for vampires. Vampires just struck me as too dark. Im sorry to say, but bloodsuckers just arent my cup of tea. I also hope to expand my understanding of other groups of people and hopefully make some freinds along the way. I figured the were community should be my first stop.

In RL, while some might not be so willing to share their RL, I dont mind at all having friends from online show up to give me a visit. I live and work in Wadsworth, Ohio. for now, I work at the walmart in town, back in the sporting goods department, though all of this and the following week I will be working mornings up in Aurora Ohio constructing a store for some more of that papery green stuff needed to pay bills. Yes, that means I typically sell hunting and fishing licences to drunk hunters. hwlwnk :lol:

my aim is cjkrythos
Yahoo: crimsonjackel
MSN: (have it, but dont use it, and subsequently forgot it)
Second Life: Elrynn Naumova

Thanks for having me and ill cya all around,
CJ Krythos :P
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Wow, you had alot to say. Well glad to see your not afraid to be open to complete strangers. and you'll be glad to know, from this day forth, you are as family here. :) :howl:  :oo
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

ello' Welcome to the Pack and nice to meet ya. Your taste and interests is very much like me! I really like the Furry Fandom and anthropomorphic animal fiction material and media. I always search for any adventure, action, high fantasy, sci-fi with anthros in it. I love werewolves too! The Furry Fandom is what brought me to love werewolves, I have been interested in furries since 2003. I don't have a fursuit nor I am going to make it. It's hard to find a decent fresh original unique werewolf or anthro media in the mainstream media. Independent is what makes them better than mainstream crap. Anyways, enjoy your wonderful stay here, pack brother. As you can tell, I am a Indy fanatic! :)
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

hehe I feel the same way in a lot of respects. I'm not sure If I'm a weretiger or a furry who happens to be a tiger who can shapeshift *shrugs* either way. Welcome!
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Welcome, now for my welcoming band :duckbomb: :duckbomb2: hope you enjoyed! :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
LunaCat
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LunaCat »

Welcome to the pack :howl:  :oo
I always loved werewolves but I never really got into it till I finished my other story "Worlds Apart"
I love furries too. I got a comic on one I'm doing called "Sword of Kalar" I haven't finished it, one of these days I'll go back to it and finish it.
Midnight_Wolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Midnight_Wolf »

Welcome! I'm relatively new here as well and it seems to me that you shouldn't have too many furry-haters giving you a hard time. Most people seem open to discussoin as long as you don't try to force your opinions on them. Anyway, I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay! I certainly have :D
The tides of sin draw tighter and brighter,
the hours become heavier and weighted,
and the shadows smile, dark and wild.

- James O'Barr - The Crow -
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Post by cjkrythos »

YAY, curious, are there any Tshirts or anything of the like floating around for sale? I know we have a shop for our local furry boards where tshirts and hats and such can be bought to help support our server, but I dont know if you all pay for this forum or not, so I wouldnt know if Tshirt sales would be useful.

Either way, the symbol you got up there is amazing. Compliments on whoever designed it. Ive got an emblem of my own, but its nothing so complicated. Need to hire an artist to render it in proper visual grandeur, but for now, ill see if I can get my rough version up for veiwing online.

thanks for the warm welcome folks, and I hope I can make lots of freinds, hopefully some of you might even be local.

cya around,
CJ