Exxon selling thier stores

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Exxon selling thier stores

Post by Figarou »

Exxon announced that they will be selling off thier convenience stores. (Its all over the news.)

That means I'll be out of a job soon.

What I need to do is cutback on a bunch of bills. This means cutting my I-net access off. So this will be my last post until I get a secure job.

Good bye, everyone.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

That is no good, how much time do you have? (unless you are offline already)

No internet, food or internet..... hard choice.

Good luck finding a new job. :)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Best of luck Figarou. Hope to hear back from you soon.
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Post by WereDragon25 »

See you later, Fig. I hope to see you soon.
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Best wishes for you , man, I hope you return soon.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

You kiddin Fig? After how hard you worked for that job?
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Good Luck, Fig. Hope you find a secure job again. We're all here for you... See you later...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Sorry to hear that :( Good luck finding a new job! Hope to see you again soon :(
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NOT FIG!!!
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:You kiddin Fig? After how hard you worked for that job?

I'm not kidding.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/12/exxon. ... newssearch

If Exxon sells their company owned gas stations, then they won't need a company owned fleet of tanker trucks.

Since I already paid my cable bill, I still have i-net access for this month. After that...my Road Runner will be cut cause I need to start saving money. I'm not sure how long I'll be out of a job once they let me go. The last time I was laid off, I was out of work for one week. Maybe somebody will hire me on the spot since I have plenty of gas hauling experience.

Just so you guys know, it was a shock for all of us. We just got a NEW fleet of trucks!! Seven 2008 Kenworth trucks. And they hired 5 more drivers after me. And... last year, we had someone who is just under the CEO come to our terminal telling us that our jobs are secure. Riiiiiiiiiiiight!!!

I worked so HARD to get with Exxon. They have top pay compared to the other gas haulers. Now I have no choice but to go back to hauling to those "mom and pop" stores!!

Arrrghhh!! I can't stand this!!!

I might as well cancel A-kon 20 along with the other bills I need to cancel.

I really hate our economy right now.

:(
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Ditto.
Well, at least leave us a snail mail address we can reach you at. That way, we can continue to bug you, without the cost. :D

Okay, so now is not the time for jokes. Sorry. Hope you find a job quick...
(good luck Man...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

Ebony
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ebony »

aww I'm so sorry to hear that.. :(
Good luck Fig
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Man sorry to hear that Fig, don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine. :(

But if your pay is as good as you say it is then why are you so worried about not being able to pay the bills for awhile? I thought you don't live from paycheck to paycheck.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Exxon/Mobil may still need trucks to serve their contract dealers. What I got was that they were getting out of Retail gas sales, but the stations will stay open.

So, maybe you'll still have a job after all. Be ready, but don't pull the plug until you get the dreaded "pink" slip saying bye-bye.

E/M may set up a satellite company to serve the people they sell gas to as a safety net and loss-control move. The Stations (I read) will still be open and selling gasoline.

So, keep your spirits up! Your job may still be there.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Man sorry to hear that Fig, don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine. :(

But if your pay is as good as you say it is then why are you so worried about not being able to pay the bills for awhile? I thought you don't live from paycheck to paycheck.
The pay IS good at Exxon. I'm trying to avoid living from paycheck to paycheck at my new job cause I'm going to get a major paycut.

None of us was expecting this. Some of us made big purchases. One driver bought a 2nd home. Another bought a new car. Me, a new home theater. We are all regreting our purchases.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Since I already paid my cable bill, I still have i-net access for this month. After that...my Road Runner will be cut cause I need to start saving money. I'm not sure how long I'll be out of a job once they let me go. The last time I was laid off, I was out of work for one week. Maybe somebody will hire me on the spot since I have plenty of gas hauling experience.
That's the silver lining; truckers are always in demand. It's not a question of whether or not you'll be able to find work, just a question of how big a transition it will be from one to the other.
In the meantime, now that our top poster no longer works for them, we can all bash Exxon/Mobil guilt free now. :P

I'll say it again: Best of luck Figarou.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote: That's the silver lining; truckers are always in demand. It's not a question of whether or not you'll be able to find work, just a question of how big a transition it will be from one to the other.
In the meantime, now that our top poster no longer works for them, we can all bash Exxon/Mobil guilt free now. :P

I'll say it again: Best of luck Figarou.

I was refering to "gasoline haulers." not truck driving in general.

Sure...I can drive any 18 wheeler. But I have no clue how to load cars onto a car hauler. That means if I put an application there, the one with the car hauling experience will get the job before me.

RedEye wrote:Exxon/Mobil may still need trucks to serve their contract dealers. What I got was that they were getting out of Retail gas sales, but the stations will stay open.
There are contract tanker haulers out there. Why keep a fleet of trucks if its cheaper to have them haul it.

RedEye wrote:So, maybe you'll still have a job after all. Be ready, but don't pull the plug until you get the dreaded "pink" slip saying bye-bye.
I doubt it. But I AM going to stick around until the day they don't need me anymore.

RedEye wrote:E/M may set up a satellite company to serve the people they sell gas to as a safety net and loss-control move. The Stations (I read) will still be open and selling gasoline.
Again...there is contract carriers that could fill in the empty spots.

RedEye wrote:So, keep your spirits up! Your job may still be there.
Its highly unlikely that Exxon will keep the trucks and drivers after they sell all the stores.

Even though I can find another job at another gas hauling company...its not going to be the same as Exxon. The pay and benifets won't be as high.

*sigh* :(
karzrave
Legendary
Legendary

Post by karzrave »

Real sorry to hear this dude, im sure you'll land on your feet though
xxx
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Damn...This makes me really hopeless when it comes to me finding work and I have very little work experience. If someone like you with this experience can have this happen, then wat hope is there for me or for anybody in my shoes? :( I hope it all works out for you Fig really I do, this shouldn't happen to people who work hard to get where they are at and yet it keeps happening... It makes me nervous and makes me wonder where we will all be at by the end of this year :(
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Ah, crap!

I read a few days ago about the sale, but I thought surely you'd keep your job with Exxon, because no matter who owns the stores, they still need gas trucks to deliver fuel. I'm really sorry to hear this.

I'm glad you've got another job lined up, though I'm sorry it won't pay the way Exxon did.

This is fracked up. Why slug out maybe a million bucks or two on seven new big rigs, only to throw them away a few weeks later?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Exxon selling thier stores

Post by Figarou »

well....i'm not sure what's going to happen at this point.

All we know is that exxon is planning on selling the stores. Thing is...who's going to buy them especially with what's going on with the economy right now. :roll:

Its possible Exxon won't see a buyer for a year or 2. Maybe more...maybe less. If there is a buyer, I'm hoping they also buy the gas delivery tanker fleet as well. That way I don't have to search for another job.

I've made some cutbacks on a few bills. I decided to cut my cable TV and keep Roadrunner. (I gots to have my internet.)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Well, good luck Fig. I hope you can stay where you are.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:well....i'm not sure what's going to happen at this point.

All we know is that exxon is planning on selling the stores. Thing is...who's going to buy them especially with what's going on with the economy right now. :roll:

Its possible Exxon won't see a buyer for a year or 2. Maybe more...maybe less. If there is a buyer, I'm hoping they also buy the gas delivery tanker fleet as well. That way I don't have to search for another job.

I've made some cutbacks on a few bills. I decided to cut my cable TV and keep Roadrunner. (I gots to have my internet.)
Okay two things: one, and yeah it's a stupid joke, you kept your internet so we could continue to bug... i mean, support you...

{gags}

And two, hopefully something... good will come of this... Best of luck...
(Yeah... {glances at clock} dude)
Huh? Oh... yeah...
V, from V for Vendetta.

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:
Okay two things: one, and yeah it's a stupid joke, you kept your internet so we could continue to bug... i mean, support you...
I've been paying all my bills online. I REALLY didn't want to go back to writing checks and getting postage stamps.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Most shows can be found one way or another online anyway, you also have movies, everyone needs their internet. :D