Moving,your probably not gonna hear from me for a while.....

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moving,your probably not gonna hear from me for a while.....

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im going to start moving tomorrow, the area I am moving in does not have Cable or DSL support, its out in the middle of the country, the reason for the move is that our house went into foreclosure which is becoming quite common for home owners these days. We are hoping to get satellite internet but from what I read its very expensive to have it set up and have a good speed. I really wish this move could be avoided since I'm moving farther away from my friends. I can still drive to there atleast. Well guys wish me luck.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Something that might be a LOT cheaper than sattelite - check with your cellphone provider about using cellular internet. At least one cell company has it, and so long as you get that company's cell signal - it should be a lot faster - and a lot cheaper, than getting your internet from outer space.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I dont know about faster. I researched on it and it seems all you get is about 115kbs a second which is really slow for me, I need atleast 800kbs
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOT YOU TOO FIRST FIG THEN YOU NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :VERYcaf: :VERYcaf: :VERYcaf: :VERYcaf: :VERYcaf: :VERYcaf: :VERYcaf:

I just died totaly on the inside...
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

You just died on the inside? Aww...

Well, I suppose that means that you'll start reanimating very old threads, and I'll start responding "Wow, this is an animated thread!" to get my post count up. :P
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Darn... hope you manage to get back on line some time soon.
Shadow Wulf wrote:I dont know about faster. I researched on it and it seems all you get is about 115kbs a second which is really slow for me, I need atleast 800kbs
Just think: it could be worse. You could be with Vodaphone. This is the sort of speed I get from them: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/da ... 061229.jpg
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Moving sucks, I know. But good luck, Shadow!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Check the various phone services for hookup; some are much faster than others. And don't give up on DSL: it might be available from a thrid provider ( a non-Telephone provider).

And best wishes. You may find country life has charms that the city just cannot provide.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

(Ahh, crap muffins... did i just say that?)
:lol: You used one of my friends sayings. YEs, you did. :lol:
(Dahh... anyway... this sucks, more for you than me, but i was really hoping to finsih that story for you. Well, whenever you can find another IP, LET US KNOW! Like we all know you will... oh, and i'm still thinking about that idea i told you about over IM... you know, the ten year old you on the blackmail tape your sister has... :evil: Not letting it die without a good fight, that's for sure...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Sorry to hear that you have to move. Come back soon.

They are right you know. Cellular internet costs about as much as cable internet, and these days is the equivalent to DSL speeds. I recommend you research the costs and speeds of Verizon and Sprint's internet service. MUCH cheaper than satalite, and in some cases faster. I work at Radio Shack, and have to sell these things (unsuccessful so far). So I've done my research.

My manager recommends the Sprint cellular internet, because its still new... lacking members, and thus isn't as clogged as other ISPs.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ill look more into this internet cell phone. Thanks for the blessing and tips guys.
Image Image
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

You're welcome, and good luck. I wouldn't want to catch up to your post count while you're gone... :P
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

There's another possibility: WIFI. If you can find a Starbucks or someplace like that, all you'll need is a WI-FI card.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...